+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: No U turn on essential goods ban

Re: No U turn on essential goods ban

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Yes I know what the Senedd is thank you and I explained that it recently acted unlawfully by taking a position outside of it's areas of responsibility. When it comes to the EU / UK Laws on Competition I do know the rules quite well and not just from a google search. As a Competent authority it is not above the law, and competition law covers any entity that has economic activity.
    Looks like we need to do this in baby steps.

The Senedd legislated for these restrictions and they are primary law in Wales. The relevant law is here.

https://gov.wales/sites/default/file...tions-2020.pdf

Individuals, organisations and commercial undertakings have the right to challenge that law via Judicial Review. In doing so they will seek to prove that the measures are legally defective and disproportionate. They are challenging the law made by the competent authority which as I say again is involved in zero activity in the market sectors in question that would make it a dominant entity in that sector.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    It's a heck of a risky strategy closing down one facility before a replacement is built. There is at least a six week gap between one hospital closing and the new one opening. That's certainly not sensible planning. Had the virus taken off differently, as it could have and has elsewhere, there would be no excess capacity in SE Wales. Indeed bed capacity for COVID patients is already under pressure according to Vaughan Gethin at today's press conference.

As it happens it looks as though things will work out but by luck rather than judgement. Those in power must have been praying that infection rates in Wales did not escalate at or above the level they have in the North of England. In the circumstances it is understandable why the Welsh government introduced the firebreak.
    Risky strategy? More like incompetence

It's a heck of a risky strategy closing down one facility before a replacement is built. There is at least a six week gap between one hospital closing and the new one opening. That's certainly not sensible planning. Had the virus taken off differently, as it could have and has elsewhere, there would be no excess capacity in SE Wales. Indeed bed capacity for COVID patients is already under pressure according to Vaughan Gethin at today's press conference.

As it happens it looks as though things will work out but by luck rather than judgement. Those in power must have been praying that infection rates in Wales did not escalate at or above the level they have in the North of England. In the circumstances it is understandable why the Welsh government introduced the firebreak.
    How do you know there is at least a six week gap? I haven;t seen any exact dates for the first hospital closing, or the second one opening, just a lot of guess work.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    How do you know there is at least a six week gap? I haven;t seen any exact dates for the first hospital closing, or the second one opening, just a lot of guess work.
    I agree there are no exact dates. However, as Wales are playing Scotland on Saturday it is not unreasonable to conclude the Nightingale hospital built on the Principality Stadium's pitch is no more. Furthermore there is a guy on here who is working on the replacement hospital who has indicated that it should be ready in early December. In the circumstances I don't think my guesswork is unreasonable do you?

I don't live in the area so you might have better information.

I agree there are no exact dates. However, as there is a match at the Principality Stadium on Saturday it is not unreasonable to conclude the Nightingale hospital built on the Stadium's pitch is no more. Furthermore there is a guy on here who is working on the replacement hospital who has indicated that it should be ready in early December. In the circumstances I don't think my guesswork is unreasonable do you?
    Youd be very wrong. The game is in Llanelli.

I agree there are no exact dates. However, as Wales are playing Scotland on Saturday it is not unreasonable to conclude the Nightingale hospital built on the Principality Stadium's pitch is no more. Furthermore there is a guy on here who is working on the replacement hospital who has indicated that it should be ready in early December. In the circumstances I don't think my guesswork is unreasonable do you?

I don't live in the area so you might have better information.
    Which match is at the principality on Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Looks like we need to do this in baby steps.

The Senedd legislated for these restrictions and they are primary law in Wales. The relevant law is here.

https://gov.wales/sites/default/file...tions-2020.pdf

Individuals, organisations and commercial undertakings have the right to challenge that law via Judicial Review. In doing so they will seek to prove that the measures are legally defective and disproportionate. They are challenging the law made by the competent authority which as I say again is involved in zero activity in the market sectors in question that would make it a dominant entity in that sector.
    you are way off target. The Senedd position and public health law fine, essential and non essential lists for public health reasons fine. But then it jumps big time into the Commercial area by extending its non essential list ( being kind because no list exists) to essential shops taking choice away from the public...why? To defend the commercial interests of those private businesses which they instructed to close, despite the fact that there are other financial compensation schemes in place.
    They have already admitted that they were wrong and acted outside of the legislation ( which kindly highlighted above)
    There is no doubt at all that they have acted in an anti- competitive way and are now busy correcting things by legislating the non essential list in essential shops for public health reasons, which they should have done in the first place.
    The meeting with the retail sector yesterday would have irritated a few sores and I predict there will be announcement later today softening the current stance.
    Finally, just so you too are able to learn to take first steps in the area, the Senedd has legitimate powers and in this specific case we are talking public health, so powerful that it could if it wanted close all retail establishments for public health reasons. It’s in a legitimate dominant position. When it starts interfering within the commercial area unlawfully it’s abusing thar dominant position in a market place. As said previously this could impact on 5% of Uk supermarkets, or in a more specific market it impacted on 100% of supermarkets in Wales. It is a complex area so I appreciate the fact that you are finding it difficult to understand

Which match is at the principality on Saturday?
    As I indicated Wales are playing Scotland at home. I presume it is at the Principality Stadium but, as I said, you might have better information.

As I indicated Wales are playing Scotland at home. I presume it is at the Principality Stadium but, as I said, you might have better information.
    All the matches up until the end of the year have been moved to Parc Y Scarlets

All the matches up until the end of the year have been moved to Parc Y Scarlets
    Thanks. It's difficult to establish whether there is anything of the Nightingale Hospital left. Some information is here but it's a month out of date:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...field-18875254

you are way off target. The Senedd position and public health law fine, essential and non essential lists for public health reasons fine. But then it jumps big time into the Commercial area by extending its non essential list ( being kind because no list exists) to essential shops taking choice away from the public...why? To defend the commercial interests of those private businesses which they instructed to close, despite the fact that there are other financial compensation schemes in place.
    They have already admitted that they were wrong and acted outside of the legislation ( which kindly highlighted above)
    There is no doubt at all that they have acted in an anti- competitive way and are now busy correcting things by legislating the non essential list in essential shops for public health reasons, which they should have done in the first place.
    The meeting with the retail sector yesterday would have irritated a few sores and I predict there will be announcement later today softening the current stance.
    Finally, just so you too are able to learn to take first steps in the area, the Senedd has legitimate powers and in this specific case we are talking public health, so powerful that it could if it wanted close all retail establishments for public health reasons. It’s in a legitimate dominant position. When it starts interfering within the commercial area unlawfully it’s abusing thar dominant position in a market place. As said previously this could impact on 5% of Uk supermarkets, or in a more specific market it impacted on 100% of supermarkets in Wales. It is a complex area so I appreciate the fact that you are finding it difficult to understand
    You seem to have an almost evangelical zeal to demonstrate your conflation of two elements of law to draw erroneous conclusions. If the law set out above has been interpreted incorrectly it is that law which would be subject to legal challenge. If you want to be right in your own head despite these simple facts I can't stop you.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    The people 'in positions of influence' is something I honestly believe to be true. The vendors I have and do speak to. If you doubt what they think go and ask them yourself. if you're going to call me a liar prove me wrong!
    In case you missed it, I responded to this post and am willing to take you up on your offer. I'll be in town anyway at some point in the near future so it's no skin off my nose.

Which vendors do I need to speak to? The burden of proof is on you now, xsnaggle, as I'm calling your bluff.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    You seem to have an almost evangelical zeal to demonstrate your conflation of two elements of law to draw erroneous conclusions. If the law set out above has been interpreted incorrectly it is that law which would be subject to legal challenge. If you want to be right in your own head despite these simple facts I can't stop you.
    It wasn't just me then. Although, I have to admit, I have no background in law whatsoever, so it's only my ability to read, retain and process basic information that has drawn me to my conclusion.

I think Drakeford should give his citizens some credit for intelligence as I’m sure most will do non essential shopping at the same time that they do their essential shopping
    Is that in the same way as most people would get meat at the same time they're in the same supermarket in the same local authority to avoid making another journey?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Is that in the same way as most people would get meat at the same time they're in the same supermarket in the same local authority to avoid making another journey?
    I don't think he did it in the end, although LB asking the question at the time tells you all you need to know really.

TBF most supermarket meat is pretty poor quality

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Youd be very wrong. The game is in Llanelli.
    Who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Who cares?
    Fair point.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I don't think he did it in the end, although LB asking the question at the time tells you all you need to know really.
    No I didn't go to Brecon in the first lockdown but have been since. At the time I was testing the water. No way could I catch or spread Covid in a car travelling from Cardiff to Brecon I said, but the WAG message was that I was at risk of carrying the virus from a high incidence area in Cardiff to a low incidence area in Powys.
    Current lockdown I can't travel to Brecon although I live in Lisvane where the incidence is lowish, but I can pop down the road to Cathays where the incidence is 20 times higher. Strange times.

No I didn't go to Brecon in the first lockdown but have been since. At the time I was testing the water. No way could I catch or spread Covid in a car travelling from Cardiff to Brecon I said, but the WAG message was that I was at risk of carrying the virus from a high incidence area in Cardiff to a low incidence area in Powys.
    Current lockdown I can't travel to Brecon although I live in Lisvane where the incidence is lowish, but I can pop down the road to Cathays where the incidence is 20 times higher. Strange times.
    Fair play, you're looking at every single angle in order to bash this government. I hate the Tories, but i wouldn't go as far as to say that they could've got everything right during this Pandemic and criticised them at every given opportunity. A little balance goes a long way, try and get some.

No way could I catch or spread Covid in a car travelling from Cardiff to Brecon I said
    What about when you got out of your car and met other people, like the butcher?

Imagine your posts had Corbyn won the last General Election, Jeez, you’d be in your element, an assembly and a government to decry

What about when you got out of your car and met other people, like the butcher?
    Oh I forgot that. In Cardiff I never get out of my car and talk to anybody.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    In case you missed it, I responded to this post and am willing to take you up on your offer. I'll be in town anyway at some point in the near future so it's no skin off my nose.

Which vendors do I need to speak to? The burden of proof is on you now, xsnaggle, as I'm calling your bluff.
    Speak to any of them not just in Castle street. The Reaction to the council by the castle st traders was widely reported at the time.
    speak to the butcher in the market, alan Griffiths or to the guy who keeps the veg stall oppostie the fish monger.
    ask alan about how they said the wouldn't have to pay rent/rates because the council closed their premises then changed their minds and told them they would put it in the accounts as arrears.
    Ask them about footfall since the last lockdown and why they think its changed. But speak to any trader, you'll get the gist of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Fair play, you're looking at every single angle in order to bash this government. I hate the Tories, but i wouldn't go as far as to say that they could've got everything right during this Pandemic and criticised them at every given opportunity. A little balance goes a long way, try and get some.
    What is factually wrong with what I said in my post.