+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Petition WAG Let Parents Buy Essential Goods

Re: Petition WAG Let Parents Buy Essential Goods

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Supermarkets are one of the safest places to be, with a VERY low incidence of people catching Covid because of a visit. Lives are at minimum risk if people do the basics...2 metres apart ( I've see people every day talking or queuing no more that half a metre apart), hand hygiene, sanitise on way in and out of supermarket, and wear a mask.
    Why does our First Minister have a go at shoppers when the evidence is that the virus spreads via large groups of young people, close interaction in closed places like busy pubs/clubs or gatherings in homes, or catching the virus in a Welsh hospital?
    it's clearly to emphasise the point that this is a serious lockdown and people should be modifying their behaviour as much as reasonably possible to make the lockdown as effective as possible.
    I really can't understand why people have such an issue with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Im a bit worried that some people seem to think that Amazon is the only online retailer.

Ive actually read a suggestion Drakeford has taken a bung.😂😂😂
    The feckers who say he's deliberately trying to wreck the economy are the people who need a good leathering

Supermarkets are one of the safest places to be, with a VERY low incidence of people catching Covid because of a visit. Lives are at minimum risk if people do the basics...2 metres apart ( I've see people every day talking or queuing no more that half a metre apart), hand hygiene, sanitise on way in and out of supermarket, and wear a mask.
    Why does our First Minister have a go at shoppers when the evidence is that the virus spreads via large groups of young people, close interaction in closed places like busy pubs/clubs or gatherings in homes, or catching the virus in a Welsh hospital?
    I feel safer in my local pub than the local supermarket. Tw@ts outside in the queue smoking or vaping. People standing around talking , rummaging around and gathering at the bargain area. People handling items having a look and putting it back.

Unfortunately the bufoon in number of 10 still waffles about the common sense of the British people.

I try to avoid the supermarket as much as possible. I just go in quick to grab essentials.

Online order once a week and have started using a local butchers.

It's two weeks, people need to stop being so precious.

The fewer items on sale should result in fewer people in store, which is the object of a lockdown, surely that’s common sense. And it’s only for another fortnight, if one life is indirectly saved through these measures it’s well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    It's two weeks, people need to stop being so precious.
    It's two weeks, Drakeford and his merry men need to stop bringing in restrictions that are so pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    The fewer items on sale should result in fewer people in store, which is the object of a lockdown, surely that’s common sense.
    Do you honestly believe that will be the case?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    If you have very young children and no much wardrobe it could be difficult as woudl buying new sheets , broken stuff like a microwave in a flat etc etc , apparently its to protect local businesses who sell these goods and are closed , I#m guessing it will just fill the coffers of the like of Amazon and damage the economy further .

A lot of older folk who rely on the little things in life , to purchases from a supermarket rather than Amazon will be effected ,they also enjoy the experience of the browsing for their grandchildren .
    Don't say Amazon like there aren't more ethical options. Try Trade Craft for clothes instead: https://www.traidcraftshop.co.uk/

I think there will be a climbdown on basis of this, non-essential goods rule, being announced later in the week compared to initial fire-break lockdown but we'll have to wait and see. We don't want people spending too long browsing for clothes as that risks 17 days not being long enough so unless you need to, and most of these debates start to suggest why different items are essential, you should try to avoid spending extra time indoors whether there is a climbdown or not.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It's two weeks, Drakeford and his merry men need to stop bringing in restrictions that are so pointless.
    Well said

The fewer items on sale should result in fewer people in store, which is the object of a lockdown, surely that’s common sense. And it’s only for another fortnight, if one life is indirectly saved through these measures it’s well worth it.
    The aim is for people to stay home. If they have to go shopping and can get all the items they need in one place, that should reduce the amount of time they are away from home.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    it's clearly to emphasise the point that this is a serious lockdown and people should be modifying their behaviour as much as reasonably possible to make the lockdown as effective as possible.
    I really can't understand why people have such an issue with this.
    Exactly, and that's how Drakeford should have explained it to us. Instead he doesn't trust enough so has to go into the nitty gritty about what we can and cannot buy. If he treats like kids.......

The aim is for people to stay home. If they have to go shopping and can get all the items they need in one place, that should reduce the amount of time they are away from home.
    A good reason non essential items are not on sale. Less time in the shop.

Do you honestly believe that will be the case?
    If somebody is desperate for clothing for some reason over the next fortnight it would be pointless them going to a supermarket to buy it. It’s only for a fortnight, nobody is going to end up bollock naked by a week Friday.

Heisenberg

That would make sense if they could buy the same things elsewhere... But they can't. If they want the things that aren't on sale in the supermarket, then they aren't going to be leaving the house... Which is the whole fecking point of it!

How are people still not getting this?!

I'm going to use one of the Tory sound bites and say that this has become "party political".

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    A good reason non essential items are not on sale. Less time in the shop.

It really is that simple isn’t it, I wish people would just go in, get the grub that they want and leave. The browsing and dawdling is more prevalent in the non essential goods aisles in my opinion.

If somebody is desperate for clothing for some reason over the next fortnight it would be pointless them going to a supermarket to buy it. It’s only for a fortnight, nobody is going to end up bollock naked by a week Friday.
    To me, the ban on non-essential items in supermarkets appears petty and utterly pointless. The only thing it will achieve is to irritate people, but our friends in local and national government around these parts have seemed increasingly determined to do that in recent months.

It really is that simple isn’t it, I wish people would just go in, get the grub that they want and leave. The browsing and dawdling is more prevalent in the non essential goods aisles in my opinion.
    Witnessed much of this in recent months, Steve? I haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    That would make sense if they could buy the same things elsewhere... But they can't. If they want the things that aren't on sale in the supermarket, then they aren't going to be leaving the house... Which is the whole fecking point of it!

How are people still not getting this?!

I'm going to use one of the Tory sound bites and say that this has become "party political".
    Oh come on. Do you know what is listed as non essential items? If unsure you'd probably go to the supermarket and have a look.

Stationery it seems is now OK, but does that include birthday cards, and if that's Ok how about sellotape and wrapping paper, or ballpoint pens, or crayons. And if crayons are Ok then can I buy a child's colouring book, or a reading book or a DVD

It's totally confusing, it treats us like kids, and all for a lockdown lasting 17 days.

Witnessed much of this in recent months, Steve? I haven't.
    I have, in fact my missus very often annoys me if I’m shopping with her when she says ‘I’m just going to have a little look at the clothes’, invariably there are women taking things off the rails and holding them up against their bodies because trying things on in changing rooms is off limits at the moment. Getting her in and out sharper because these aisles are shut has to be a plus and X the many other women who browse should mean that folk are in and out a lot quicker and clothes haven’t been double or triple handled.

Are we stupid? Or is it that Drakeford think's we are and in need of child like guidance?
    Well considering you were on here asking if you could drive to Brecon to get meat from your favourite butchers when we and most of the world were in full lockdown I'd say it's the second one and probably not without reason

To me, the ban on non-essential items in supermarkets appears petty and utterly pointless. The only thing it will achieve is to irritate people, but our friends in local and national government around these parts have seemed increasingly determined to do that in recent months.
    Isn't the aim to create a level playing field? Three elements, not giving supermarkets an economic advantage over local and other retailers, stopping a concentration of people into a confined space for a fortnight looking for goods that they would otherwise source elsewhere and instructing people that they should keep their journey where they come in contact with other human beings to an absolute minimum.

Heisenberg

Oh come on. Do you know what is listed as non essential items? If unsure you'd probably goto the supermarket and have a look.

Stationery it seems is now OK, but does that include birthday cards, and if that's Ok how about sellotape and wrapping paper, or ballpoint pens, or crayons. And if crayons are Ok then can I buy a child's colouring book, or a reading book or a DVD

It's totally confusing, it treats us like kids, and all for a lockdown lasting 17 days.
    Maybe some of us need to be treated like kids considering what I've been reading on here.

Seriously though, is anyone going to Tesco to buy a just a colouring book?!

Either way, I can tell you from looking up the rules, everything except a reading book and a DVD are classed as essential from your list of items.

If you would like any further assistance, just put a list of items in a message and send me a PM and I'll be happy to tell you what you can buy in Tesco.

17 days of a lockdown and people are losing their shit. We lasted months of a lockdown earlier this year and I saw less moaning about not being able to do things we were used to doing during that time.

I've even read a post on here today that Drakeford is just attention seeking and no other country in the UK is locking down... Despite N.I. being under lockdown too. It's a tool to beat Drakeford with for some reason.

"The local shops won't last these two weeks under lockdown" is another one I've heard.

Will they do better under a potential UK lockdown from mid-November onwards when the majority of people will be doing their Christmas shopping?

It's almost certain that if Boris Johnson had implemented exactly the same policies nationally then the majority of the posters who are being critical now would be, at the very least, accepting of them.

I'm off to watch Borat 2 now.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Maybe some of us need to be treated like kids considering what I've been reading on here.

Seriously though, is anyone going to Tesco to buy a just a colouring book?!

Either way, I can tell you from looking up the rules, everything except a reading book and a DVD are classed as essential from your list of items.

If you would like any further assistance, just put a list of items in a message and send me a PM and I'll be happy to tell you what you can buy in Tesco.

17 days of a lockdown and people are losing their shit. We lasted months of a lockdown earlier this year and I saw less moaning about not being able to do things we were used to doing during that time.

I've even read a post on here today that Drakeford is just attention seeking and no other country in the UK is locking down... Despite N.I. being under lockdown too. It's a tool to beat Drakeford with for some reason.

"The local shops won't last these two weeks under lockdown" is another one I've heard.

Will they do better under a potential UK lockdown from mid-November onwards when the majority of people will be doing their Christmas shopping?

It's almost certain that if Boris Johnson had implemented exactly the same policies nationally then the majority of the posters who are being critical now would be, at the very least, accepting of them.

I'm off to watch Borat 2 now.
    Enjoy Borat 2, it'll be better than Covid 19.
    You are right we managed a longer lockdown fine earlier this year, and we weren't subject to Drakeford's micr-management then, but we all got on with it.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Isn't the aim to create a level playing field? Three elements, not giving supermarkets an economic advantage over local and other retailers, stopping a concentration of people into a confined space for a fortnight looking for goods that they would otherwise source elsewhere and instructing people that they should keep their journey where they come in contact with other human beings to an absolute minimum.
    If the Senedd are introducing restrictions on supermarket sales to create a level playing field, then I believe they are into the area of competition law and may be acting in an anti-competitive way and outside their remit.