+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Petition WAG Let Parents Buy Essential Goods

Re: Petition WAG Let Parents Buy Essential Goods

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    If the Senedd are introducing restrictions on supermarket sales to create a level playing field, then I believe they are into the area of competition law and may be acting in an anti-competitive way and outside their remit.
    When you say I believe and they may, that's not the same as they have breached competition law and they have gone ultra vires is it?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Isn't the aim to create a level playing field? Three elements, not giving supermarkets an economic advantage over local and other retailers, stopping a concentration of people into a confined space for a fortnight looking for goods that they would otherwise source elsewhere and instructing people that they should keep their journey where they come in contact with other human beings to an absolute minimum.
    It’s whatever they can come up with off the top of their head at the time of the question.

Drakeford OUT

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It's two weeks, Drakeford and his merry men need to stop bringing in restrictions that are so pointless.
    The reason he's done it is quite clear and obvious and we have already seen a lot of people of Wales bend and ignore the rules and the reason we are in this state.

I'm not sure I agree with it but seems to me like people are moaning for the sake of it, its really not that's hard.

If anyone really can't cope 2 week and needs something that's really essential, drop me a message and I'll point you in the right direction.

When you say I believe and they may, that's not the same as they have breached competition law and they have gone ultra vires is it?
    No, but I can't be bothered to get the reference books out to look it up.

Heisenberg

Enjoy Borat 2, it'll be better than Covid 19.
    You are right we managed a longer lockdown fine earlier this year, and we weren't subject to Drakeford's micr-management then, but we all got on with it.
    We were micromanaged to the extreme by politicians for months. To say anything else is being pigheaded and/or in denial.

We were literally allowed to leave the house once a day for exercise at one point. Now we're getting people losing their mind because, they can't buy a ****ing toaster or a kettle for 17 days.

A lot of rewriting history going on with this new lockdown and it stinks.

Isn't the aim to create a level playing field? Three elements, not giving supermarkets an economic advantage over local and other retailers, stopping a concentration of people into a confined space for a fortnight looking for goods that they would otherwise source elsewhere and instructing people that they should keep their journey where they come in contact with other human beings to an absolute minimum.
    I concur

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    We were micromanaged to the extreme by politicians for months. To say anything else is being pigheaded and/or in denial.

We were literally allowed to leave the house once a day for exercise at one point. Now we're getting people losing their mind because, they can't buy a ****ing toaster or a kettle for 17 days.

A lot of rewriting history going on with this new lockdown and it stinks.
    I have not seen a metal band in ages .

But this new 17 day lockdown is the final straw .

To me, the ban on non-essential items in supermarkets appears petty and utterly pointless. The only thing it will achieve is to irritate people, but our friends in local and national government around these parts have seemed increasingly determined to do that in recent months.
    Oh yes .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Oh yes .
    I am not irritated by it

Its a pain in the arse but it is what it is

Imagine living at the end of world war two

Rationing , no Internet to buy things

We are facing a serious health situation

And people are irritated because they can't buy a new TV?

Use the Internet. If you don't have the Internet, put up with the old one or listen to the radio for a couple of weeks .

Then go and buy a new TV, or new bedsheets , or a new sofa .

Life at times can't wait weeks things happen that need instant action :

One woman, whose daughter was admitted to hospital on Saturday, said she was unable to buy new clothes for her despite her pyjamas being "soaked in blood".

Chelsea Jones, from Llwynypia, Rhondda Cynon Taf, said she was forced to make a 40-mile trip home to collect replacements.

"I was driving around crying in a panic trying to find somewhere that I am able to pick up some essentials for my child," she said.

"I have never felt so angry, frustrated or upset, ever. You just never know when a 'non essential item' will become 'essential' to you."

Another parent, Jodi Merry, who is also from Rhondda Cynon Taf, said the rules were an "inconvenience" and she was planning to buy clothes for her eight-year-old son after she gets paid next week.

"I know it's only two weeks but he doesn't have any*

Is the aim really to create a level playing field? If so, then in my opinion it's deeply flawed. I don't believe for a second that anyone who would normally buy what are being classified as non-essential items from smaller retailers would have instead decided to buy them in a supermarket during this particular fortnight. Unless it was an emergency of some sort, I think such people would almost certainly have waited for the smaller retailers to reopen. Similarly, I don't believe anyone who would normally buy non-essential items from a supermarket will instead decide to buy them from smaller retailers once this fortnight is over. On the contrary, I think we'll have a situation whereby the supermarket aisles that stock non-essential items will simply become a little busier for a short period once this fortnight has passed.

At the behest of the government, everyone now has to wear a facemask while we're out shopping and the businesses themselves have spent millions implementing social distancing measures of one sort or another within their premises. In my experience, all of the shops I've visited on a regular basis in recent months have almost always been a good deal quieter than they ever were before Covid-19 struck. Therefore, I simply don't believe these measures are in any way necessary. They won't make one iota of difference to me personally and I'm sure the same is true for most people, but they are irritating all the same.

I try not to watch or read the news too often these days and I try not to use social media too much either. It's far too depressing as far as I'm concerned. However, I think I'm right in saying that the so-called experts have repeatedly stated that the vast majority of Covid-19 transmissions are happening within households. If they are correct, then it further underlines just how petty and pointless measures to stop people buying non-essential items in supermarkets for a fortnight really are.

Tobacco...essential? Not for me? Beer essential...yes for me, but maybe not for you.

A kettle maybe essential for both of us if ours breaks. But Drakeford says it's not essential.

Are we stupid? Or is it that Drakeford think's we are and in need of child like guidance?
    Drakeford is not alone in thinking that you are stupid and in need of guidance.

....bit harsh. There are plenty of people who are oblivious though. Maybe you aren’t one of them, maybe you are and are just having a whinge . Either way, they are doing this so that the hospitals don’t become overwhelmed and they can’t take a chance on trusting people to behave.... which I think if you are being honest, you’d admit that a lot of people don’t. If one person doesn’t behave appropriately, the knock on could be serious.

Can’t you just put up with not having stuff for a couple of weeks for the sake of everyone else’s well being?

Is the aim really to create a level playing field? If so, then in my opinion it's deeply flawed. I don't believe for a second that anyone who would normally buy what are being classified as non-essential items from smaller retailers would have instead decided to buy them in a supermarket during this particular fortnight. Unless it was an emergency of some sort, I think such people would almost certainly have waited for the smaller retailers to reopen. Similarly, I don't believe anyone who would normally buy non-essential items from a supermarket will instead decide to buy them from smaller retailers once this fortnight is over. On the contrary, I think we'll have a situation whereby the supermarket aisles that stock non-essential items will simply become a little busier for a short period once this fortnight has passed.

At the behest of the government, everyone now has to wear a facemask while we're out shopping and the businesses themselves have spent millions implementing social distancing measures of one sort or another within their premises. In my experience, all of the shops I've visited on a regular basis in recent months have almost always been a good deal quieter than they ever were before Covid-19 struck. Therefore, I simply don't believe these measures are in any way necessary. They won't make one iota of difference to me personally and I'm sure the same is true for most people, but they are irritating all the same.

I try not to watch or read the news too often these days and I try not to use social media too much either. It's far too depressing as far as I'm concerned. However, I think I'm right in saying that the so-called experts have repeatedly stated that the vast majority of Covid-19 transmissions are happening within households. If they are correct, then it further underlines just how petty and pointless measures to stop people buying non-essential items in supermarkets for a fortnight really are.
    Stay in

Wash your hands

Protect lives

If you run out of conditioner and shampoo you can order some off amazon

International

But what TLG says is correct about transmission. Drakeford said himself that their evidence indicates there is no justification in blaming pubs and restaurants for the spread. He said it is being 'community' spread through households and families.
    Having said that he then closes the pubs and restaurants and thorws thousands out of work again.
    It makes little sense really.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    17 days isn’t it? Well, 15 from tomorrow and parents are desperate to buy their kids clothes, why didn’t they pick a few things up last week? Can’t people get it into their heads that the measures are all about reducing numbers in shops for a short while, a very short while. Is anyone really in need of an emergency pair of Asda trousers?
    its the same people who deny this a problem and still carrying on as normal causing all these these rules

Have not read the whole thread, but, why don't the supermarkets implement the system they had in the previous lockdown, which was "ONE PERSON PER FAMILY, ALLOWED IN AT A TIME" ?

Why do people need to trapse 6 kids with them, when they go shopping. ?

And there was me thinking it was the young and left wingers who were supposed to be the snowflakes .

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Drakeford is not alone in thinking that you are stupid and in need of guidance.

....bit harsh. There are plenty of people who are oblivious though. Maybe you aren’t one of them, maybe you are and are just having a whinge . Either way, they are doing this so that the hospitals don’t become overwhelmed and they can’t take a chance on trusting people to behave.... which I think if you are being honest, you’d admit that a lot of people don’t. If one person doesn’t behave appropriately, the knock on could be serious.

Can’t you just put up with not having stuff for a couple of weeks for the sake of everyone else’s well being?
    I liked the old system when the NHS looked after us rather than the other way around

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Have not read the whole thread, but, why don't the supermarkets implement the system they had in the previous lockdown, which was "ONE PERSON PER FAMILY, ALLOWED IN AT A TIME" ?

Why do people need to trapse 6 kids with them, when they go shopping. ?
    when you're a single parent there's not always an alternative.

trust me nobody wants to take 6 kids with them to a supermarket.
    going on your own is absolute heaven sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    But what TLG says is correct about transmission. Drakeford said himself that their evidence indicates there is no justification in blaming pubs and restaurants for the spread. He said it is being 'community' spread through households and families.
    Having said that he then closes the pubs and restaurants and thorws thousands out of work again.
    It makes little sense really.
    Even Drakeford realises that he can't control what happens within every household in Wales, but he has to do something and closing pubs and restaurants is something that he can do.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    And there was me thinking it was the young and left wingers who were supposed to be the snowflakes .
    Given the content of this thread perhaps snowdrops rather than snowflakes would be more apt.

I liked the old system when the NHS looked after us rather than the other way around
    Sometimes I guess all you can do is wonder how that might have changed!

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coron...ul/ar-BB13u0OS

The group agreed that there had to be a simple, sharp message that all Government communications could get behind. Mr De Zoete suggested a simple message to stay at home. Mr Guerin then pointed to how the phrase "Stay at Home, Save Lives" had been successful in other parts of the world.

Mr Cain agreed and added a line about protecting the NHS - a key policy of the Tories' general election landslide in December. Mr Levido, Mr Guerin and Mr Cain then set about honing and refining the wording.

The following day the simple three-part message on coronavirus was born: "Stay Home. Protect the NHS. Save Lives."

Power to the people :

Ministers are to review rules on sales of non-essential items that have been criticised in a petition signed by more than 60,000 people.
    Supermarkets have been told to close parts of their stores that sell items such as clothes, bedding and toys during Wales' firebreak lockdown.
    First Minister Mark Drakeford said implementation of the rule may be tweaked, but it would not be reversed.
    The petition is now the largest ever submitted to the Senedd.

He has just given people an excuse to kick back, no one really cares whether they are taped off or not, what we are seeing is people saying he can't tell me what to do/buy, and other people saying yes he can it's for our own good, basically a battle between rule followers and rule-breakers or people who have had enough.