+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Petition WAG Let Parents Buy Essential Goods

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Petition WAG Let Parents Buy Essential Goods

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Tobacco...essential? Not for me? Beer essential...yes for me, but maybe not for you.

A kettle maybe essential for both of us if ours breaks. But Drakeford says it's not essential.

Are we stupid? Or is it that Drakeford think's we are and in need of child like guidance?
    Seems that plenty of people are acting like children having been told they aren't allowed to shop for frivolous things for a measly 2 weeks.

Surely if it can save people's lives it isn't that big of a sacrifice to have to make?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Seems that plenty of people are acting like children having been told they aren't allowed to shop for frivolous things for a measly 2 weeks.

Surely if it can save people's lives it isn't that big of a sacrifice to have to make?
    Supermarkets are one of the safest places to be, with a VERY low incidence of people catching Covid because of a visit. Lives are at minimum risk if people do the basics...2 metres apart ( I've see people every day talking or queuing no more that half a metre apart), hand hygiene, sanitise on way in and out of supermarket, and wear a mask.
    Why does our First Minister have a go at shoppers when the evidence is that the virus spreads via large groups of young people, close interaction in closed places like busy pubs/clubs or gatherings in homes, or catching the virus in a Welsh hospital?

Supermarkets are one of the safest places to be, with a VERY low incidence of people catching Covid because of a visit. Lives are at minimum risk if people do the basics...2 metres apart ( I've see people every day talking or queuing no more that half a metre apart), hand hygiene, sanitise on way in and out of supermarket, and wear a mask.
    Why does our First Minister have a go at shoppers when the evidence is that the virus spreads via large groups of young people, close interaction in closed places like busy pubs/clubs or gatherings in homes, or catching the virus in a Welsh hospital?
    it's clearly to emphasise the point that this is a serious lockdown and people should be modifying their behaviour as much as reasonably possible to make the lockdown as effective as possible.
    I really can't understand why people have such an issue with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    it's clearly to emphasise the point that this is a serious lockdown and people should be modifying their behaviour as much as reasonably possible to make the lockdown as effective as possible.
    I really can't understand why people have such an issue with this.
    Exactly, and that's how Drakeford should have explained it to us. Instead he doesn't trust enough so has to go into the nitty gritty about what we can and cannot buy. If he treats like kids.......

The fewer items on sale should result in fewer people in store, which is the object of a lockdown, surely that’s common sense. And it’s only for another fortnight, if one life is indirectly saved through these measures it’s well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    The fewer items on sale should result in fewer people in store, which is the object of a lockdown, surely that’s common sense.
    Do you honestly believe that will be the case?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Do you honestly believe that will be the case?
    If somebody is desperate for clothing for some reason over the next fortnight it would be pointless them going to a supermarket to buy it. It’s only for a fortnight, nobody is going to end up bollock naked by a week Friday.

If somebody is desperate for clothing for some reason over the next fortnight it would be pointless them going to a supermarket to buy it. It’s only for a fortnight, nobody is going to end up bollock naked by a week Friday.
    To me, the ban on non-essential items in supermarkets appears petty and utterly pointless. The only thing it will achieve is to irritate people, but our friends in local and national government around these parts have seemed increasingly determined to do that in recent months.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    To me, the ban on non-essential items in supermarkets appears petty and utterly pointless. The only thing it will achieve is to irritate people, but our friends in local and national government around these parts have seemed increasingly determined to do that in recent months.
    Isn't the aim to create a level playing field? Three elements, not giving supermarkets an economic advantage over local and other retailers, stopping a concentration of people into a confined space for a fortnight looking for goods that they would otherwise source elsewhere and instructing people that they should keep their journey where they come in contact with other human beings to an absolute minimum.

The fewer items on sale should result in fewer people in store, which is the object of a lockdown, surely that’s common sense. And it’s only for another fortnight, if one life is indirectly saved through these measures it’s well worth it.
    The aim is for people to stay home. If they have to go shopping and can get all the items they need in one place, that should reduce the amount of time they are away from home.