Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
I don't even know what that means.
He means me. It looks like Im getting it in the neck by certain posters but I feel a lot of this is like the ' emperor's clothes', we've been frightened into accepting any rubbish that the government throw at us. Im glad Eric brought the summary of the technical paper to everyones attention.

My issue, well documented, was that Drakeford initially said that the non essential list was introduced to help defend the commercial interests of the shops that were instructed to close. This was outside the legitimate power of the Senedd, but he persisted for a while until this fact became obvious. Then the Senedd said it was for public health reasons, but it looks like its own technical committee, who's guidance Drakeford says he follows, confirmed that risks to the public in retail outlets are minimal.

Truth probably is that he introduced it solely as a commercial defence for closed shops, and when he found this was outside the remit of the Senedd he refused to let it go and changed tack to make it a public health issue

At last the public decided to act and around 70,000 made their objections clear through the Senedd petition, a huge response.