+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Petition WAG Let Parents Buy Essential Goods

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Petition WAG Let Parents Buy Essential Goods

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It's a great shame, therefore, that the genuinely important elements of the firebreak have largely been overshadowed by this nonsense. It'll be interesting to see what the outcome is because, in my experience at least, people haven't changed their behaviours at all in recent days. Having said that, everybody I've spoken to has been largely observing the restrictions anyway, although this feels very different to the first lockdown.
    Im working from home and apart from exercising Ive hardly been out.

My wife works for a bank and she reckons its much quieter and quieter than the first.

I did go to the Supermarket on Sunday. Didnt really notice much difference.

Re: Petition WAG Let Parents Buy Essential Goods

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    My wife works for a bank and she reckons its much quieter and quieter than the first.
    It's not even remotely similar to the first lockdown. I work in the centre of Cardiff and could walk from one end of Queen Street to the other seeing only a handful of people at the end of March and during most of April. There were only two of us working in the office at that time and I was often the only person on the bus home, while the roads were extremely quiet.

Today, nine of us have been in and out of the office at various points in time. The roads are about as busy as they have been for the last few months. On Monday there were around fifteen or sixteen of us on the bus home. Yesterday there were nine of us. There were plenty of people wandering around on Queen Street yesterday afternoon despite most of the shops being shut. Places like KFC and Burger King were shut first time around, but they're open now.