+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Petition WAG Let Parents Buy Essential Goods

Petition WAG Let Parents Buy Essential Goods

https://petitions.senedd.wales/

There is an on line petition its got 55k so far

Allow supermarkets to sell "non-essential" items during lockdown
    The Welsh Government, as part of its 17 day "firebreak" lockdown, is banning the selling of non-essential goods from shops that are allowed to remain open. We do not agree that this is a prudent or rational measure, and will create more harm than good.

We do not agree for example that parents should be barred from buying clothes for their children during lockdown while out shopping. This is disproportionate and cruel and we ask that the decision be reversed immediately.

Sign this petition
    59,602 signatures

The Petitions Committee will consider this for a debate
    The Petitions Committee considers all petitions that get more than 5,000 signatures for a debate

The Petitions Committee will consider this petition
    All petitions with more than 50 signatures will be discussed by the Petitions Committee after they have finished collecting signatures

Share this petition

Re: Petition WAG Let Parents Buy Essential Goods

17 days isn’t it? Well, 15 from tomorrow and parents are desperate to buy their kids clothes, why didn’t they pick a few things up last week? Can’t people get it into their heads that the measures are all about reducing numbers in shops for a short while, a very short while. Is anyone really in need of an emergency pair of Asda trousers?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

The Welsh Government, as part of its 17 day "firebreak" lockdown, is banning the selling of non-essential goods from shops that are allowed to remain open. We do not agree that this is a prudent or rational measure, and will create more harm than good.

We do not agree for example that parents should be barred from buying clothes for their children during lockdown while out shopping. This is disproportionate and cruel and we ask that the decision be reversed immediately.

Sign this petition
    59,602 signatures

The Petitions Committee considers all petitions that get more than 5,000 signatures for a debate

All petitions with more than 50 signatures will be discussed by the Petitions Committee after they have finished collecting signatures

Share this petition
    I don't have kids so happy to be corrected on this if it comes across as a bit unsympathetic due to ignorance but do most kids not have enough clothes to last the next two weeks?

If you have very young children and no much wardrobe it could be difficult as woudl buying new sheets , broken stuff like a microwave in a flat etc etc , apparently its to protect local businesses who sell these goods and are closed , I#m guessing it will just fill the coffers of the like of Amazon and damage the economy further .

A lot of older folk who rely on the little things in life , to purchases from a supermarket rather than Amazon will be effected ,they also enjoy the experience of the browsing for their grandchildren .

If you have very young children and no much wardrobe it could be difficult as woudl buying new sheets , broken stuff like a microwave in a flat etc etc , apparently its to protect local businesses who sell these goods and are closed , I#m guessing it will just fill the coffers of the like of Amazon and damage the economy further .

A lot of older folk who rely on the little things in life , to purchases from a supermarket rather than Amazon will be effected ,they also enjoy the experience of the browsing for their grandchildren .
    You’ve hit the nail on the head with your ‘browsing’ comment. Do you remember during the first lockdown how it was drummed into us to wear disposable gloves, wipe supermarket trolley handles, try and open doors with sleeved elbows etc? People browsing through clothes is the exact thing that should being discouraged, it’s been stated that the virus stays on things for quite a while so eliminating this is surely a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    You’ve hit the nail on the head with your ‘browsing’ comment. Do you remember during the first lockdown how it was drummed into us to wear disposable gloves, wipe supermarket trolley handles, try and open doors with sleeved elbows etc? People browsing through clothes is the exact thing that should being discouraged, it’s been stated that the virus stays on things for quite a while so eliminating this is surely a good thing.
    Browsing in not a problem unless you are within close range of another person who is also browsing. Looking at clothes in a supermarket is no different than browsing for say cheese, and Ive come across a lot of people who spend a lot of time browsing for fresh food.
    As for the virus staying on things for a while, yes it can and always has, which is why hand hygiene is so important, And today supermarkets are so much better than last March in supplying sanitiser for the customers.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Browsing in not a problem unless you are within close range of another person who is also browsing.
    Which would definitely happen

Not signing that. It's 17 days that's all.
    Was meant to be going to the Gower for the week but that got cancelled, so already planned for it by buying last week the stuff I needed for a bit of DIY over the next couple of weeks.
    There's always Amazon if I suddenly realise I cant live without something.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Which would definitely happen
    It takes two...if someone is browsing keep your distance. If they come too close remind them of the 2 metre rule. It's not rocket science

I doubt anyone who has signed this needs to buy clothes in the next 2 weeks.

This is about making this lockdown as effective as it possibly can be, the less time we spend in public places the better.

That's why they're not selling non essential goods

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I doubt anyone who has signed this needs to buy clothes in the next 2 weeks.

This is about making this lockdown as effective as it possibly can be, the less time we spend in public places the better.
    That's right. which is why, when out, being able to buy all you need at a one stop shop is important.

That's right. which is why, when out, being able to buy all you need at a one stop shop is important.
    to go bak to my first point - nobody needs to buy clothes in the next 2 weeks

It takes two...if someone is browsing keep your distance. If they come too close remind them of the 2 metre rule. It's not rocket science
    Or, say they're not allowed to browse for clothes in supermarkets for the next two weeks to try and give the hospitals a chance. Not rocket science either or, despite what some would have you think, the end of the world

What if two stupid feckwits are browsing close to each other . And that happens several times in one hour , in just one shop ?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    That's why they're not selling non essential goods
    Tobacco...essential? Not for me? Beer essential...yes for me, but maybe not for you.

A kettle maybe essential for both of us if ours breaks. But Drakeford says it's not essential.

Are we stupid? Or is it that Drakeford think's we are and in need of child like guidance?

Do you think , in the time of a pandemic , that Sharon needs to buy new underwear alongside her tins of beans and rice puddings ? Now if she has no knickers then I agree , she needs to buy underwear but if she does have underwear , she doesn't need it .

Tobacco...essential? Not for me? Beer essential...yes for me, but maybe not for you.

A kettle maybe essential for both of us if ours breaks. But Drakeford says it's not essential.

Are we stupid? Or is it that Drakeford think's we are and in need of child like guidance?
    Seems that plenty of people are acting like children having been told they aren't allowed to shop for frivolous things for a measly 2 weeks.

Surely if it can save people's lives it isn't that big of a sacrifice to have to make?

Homeless people need food , clothing and shelter, most of us have that

Unless you are a registered alcoholic you can do without alcohol for 2 weeks

However I agree with you lisvane that clear rules need to be laid down

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Do you think , in the time of a pandemic , that Sharon needs to buy new underwear alongside her tins of beans and rice puddings ? Now if she has no knickers then I agree , she needs to buy underwear but if she does have underwear , she doesn't need it .
    I don't know Sharon as well as you, but I would guess if she needs knickers and her regular shop is closed for the lockdown then she might buy a pair or two at a supermarket. If she can't then I just hope for her sake that she retains her modesty

Im a bit worried that some people seem to think that Amazon is the only online retailer.

Ive actually read a suggestion Drakeford has taken a bung.😂😂😂

Sign this petition
    59,602 signatures

Share this petition
    Why only supermarkets allowed to sell clothes ?What about all the other retailers?Large and small.

Seems that plenty of people are acting like children having been told they aren't allowed to shop for frivolous things for a measly 2 weeks.

Surely if it can save people's lives it isn't that big of a sacrifice to have to make?
    Supermarkets are one of the safest places to be, with a VERY low incidence of people catching Covid because of a visit. Lives are at minimum risk if people do the basics...2 metres apart ( I've see people every day talking or queuing no more that half a metre apart), hand hygiene, sanitise on way in and out of supermarket, and wear a mask.
    Why does our First Minister have a go at shoppers when the evidence is that the virus spreads via large groups of young people, close interaction in closed places like busy pubs/clubs or gatherings in homes, or catching the virus in a Welsh hospital?

I don't know Sharon as well as you, but I would guess if she needs knickers and her regular shop is closed for the lockdown then she might buy a pair or two at a supermarket. If she can't then I just hope for her sake that she retains her modesty
    If she can't buy any I'd like to meet her, could be fun!

Absolutely right, that's why they need child guidance. If we left it up to the average Joe this would all be over by Christmas...life I mean: there wouldn't be any more Christmases ever!