+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Petition WAG Let Parents Buy Essential Goods

Re: Petition WAG Let Parents Buy Essential Goods

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    What is important at this time?
    All of the indications are that the major problem is transmission of the virus within households. Therefore, the right thing to do at this time (in my opinion) would have been to attempt to hammer home the message that people shouldn't visit friends or relatives at all during this particular period unless it is absolutely essential to do so. Instead, the WAG have wasted their time and efforts drawing up convoluted lists of what people can and can't buy in supermarkets.

You're right that people have enough of this crap, though. After all, it's been seven months now and all the indications are that there will be more restrictions on the way in due course. In my experience, many people are utterly exhausted by it and are less concerned or careful than they were previously. The majority are still being responsible to a large degree, but attitudes now seem to be absolutely nothing like they were in March, April and May.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    My wife works for a bank and she reckons its much quieter and quieter than the first.
    It's not even remotely similar to the first lockdown. I work in the centre of Cardiff and could walk from one end of Queen Street to the other seeing only a handful of people at the end of March and during most of April. There were only two of us working in the office at that time and I was often the only person on the bus home, while the roads were extremely quiet.

Today, nine of us have been in and out of the office at various points in time. The roads are about as busy as they have been for the last few months. On Monday there were around fifteen or sixteen of us on the bus home. Yesterday there were nine of us. There were plenty of people wandering around on Queen Street yesterday afternoon despite most of the shops being shut. Places like KFC and Burger King were shut first time around, but they're open now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    All of the indications are that the major problem is transmission of the virus within households. Therefore, the right thing to do at this time (in my opinion) would have been to attempt to hammer home the message that people shouldn't visit friends or relatives at all during this particular period unless it is absolutely essential to do so. Instead, the WAG have wasted their time and efforts drawing up convoluted lists of what people can and can't buy in supermarkets.

You're right that people have enough of this crap, though. After all, it's been seven months now and all the indications are that there will be more restrictions on the way in due course. In my experience, many people are utterly exhausted by it and are less concerned or careful than they were previously. The majority are still being responsible to a large degree, but attitudes now seem to be absolutely nothing like they were in March, April and May.
    I agree that the message should have been for households not to mix ok outside of the rules, I know some people who have taken some serious liberties. The novelty has worn off a bit now for some.

The people who are manufacturing a crisis over not being able to buy a vase for 2 weeks are probably the same ones who stockpiled loo rolls and pasta in March. Meanwhile in other news, cases are beyond that of the Spring.

Alternatively it could be that they couldn't understand why a pointless bit of nonsense was announced in the first place!!

Maybe if the message had been please shop for essential products only for two weeks and where possible only one person to do the shopping
    That way we can keep the social distancing required and have a better chance of slowing the infection rate down!
    More people would have understood it

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    The people who are manufacturing a crisis over not being able to buy a vase for 2 weeks are probably the same ones who stockpiled loo rolls and pasta in March.
    Yeah, probably, the moaning snowflakes. What would these people have been like during the war, eh? You wouldn't have wanted these idiots alongside you in the trenches, would you? We'd never have beaten Germans. Where's the Dunkirk spirit when we need it?

By the way, it's not vases, it's tea lights.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Yeah, probably, the moaning snowflakes. What would these people have been like during the war, eh? You wouldn't have wanted these idiots alongside you in the trenches, would you? We'd never have beaten Germans. Where's the Dunkirk spirit when we need it?

By the way, it's not vases, it's tea lights.

I bet you have tea lights when you have a bath......Ambience......

The people who are manufacturing a crisis over not being able to buy a vase for 2 weeks are probably the same ones who stockpiled loo rolls and pasta in March. Meanwhile in other news, cases are beyond that of the Spring.
    Known cases are higher than the Spring, but there's a lot more testing now of course.

Hospital admissions is starting to increase rapidly though, which is the worrying one because that is what's usually followed by an increase in deaths.

Yes, it’s not like we are testing 5/6 times as many people as the spring at all

I do wonder, if all these restrictions actually really achieve anything, it seems the countries who have introduced the strictest measures of seeing generally similar figures, for infection and death rates, than countries who took the least measures.

The majority of new infections occur within families and households, as they would anyhow.
    The fact that Italy and Spain who took some of the the strictest measure are being hit in the same way as everyone else in this '2nd wave'.
    I do wonder if we are reaching a point where we should be asking the question again, is the cure worse than the problem itself?

As our understanding of the disease has improved, we have seen continuing falls in death rates, even while infection rates increase, this polar opposite correlation, is great news as it show it is way less deadly than once feared it could be.

these are just some of my bumbling thoughts, I do not usually get to caught up in the debates and stopped watching the news along time ago, so hope my points are not deemed to controversial.

I bet you have tea lights when you have a bath......Ambience......
    No, he has little gems and wine gums

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Known cases are higher than the Spring, but there's a lot more testing now of course.

Hospital admissions is starting to increase rapidly though, which is the worrying one because that is what's usually followed by an increase in deaths.
    There’s a lot more info out about it all now too, like it’s survivable for 99.6% of the population, it makes you wonder what it’s all about and people become apathetic. We even get 83 year old women talking on national news telling us we need to to just get on with it......
    Household mixing was linked to something like 80% of recent cases, gettting worse in parts of RCT now despite the lockdown.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    No, he has little gems and wine gums
    It's 'Midget' Gems, or are you getting all 'PC'

Somebody call?

Im sure he'd prefer to call them little gems. As long as he doesn't get them too wet while bathing that's all that matters

A few on here are fond of whine gums