+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Petition WAG Let Parents Buy Essential Goods

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Petition WAG Let Parents Buy Essential Goods

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I reckon the WAG should outlaw all professional sport in Wales for the duration of the 'firebreak lockdown' and also ban professional teams from travelling outside of the Welsh borders. Doing so would be pointless, but it would be different to what the English government are doing, so it would serve its purpose.

you reckon that's why they're doing it-just to differentiate between Boris and co?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    you reckon that's why they're doing it-just to differentiate between Boris and co?
    Makes as much sense to me as anything else, if not more. Drakeford and Co seem determined to do their own thing, regardless of how much sense (or otherwise) is involved.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Can I buy a British Legion poppy or is that a non essential item?
    Non essential.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I havent met anyone revelling in it either.
    Nor me, I'd say the the reverse its delivering some very long term pain and anguish certainly for the elderly and lonely . When my mum was alive she was a big shop browser , it brought her a lot of joy , this would have really hurt her , as it is now for many others

To suggest the Welsh government is taking these measures to get one over on Westminster is laughable nonsense

Some people just like to whinge

Its two weeks

Its a pain in the arse but its two weeks

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    To suggest the Welsh government is taking these measures to get one over on Westminster is laughable nonsense

Its two weeks

.and 3 weekends

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    .and 3 weekends
    Well now you mention it

Its two weeks

Thank God we're not living through another World War. Could you imagine some of these snowflakes putting up with rationing and blackouts?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Thank God we're not living through another World War. Could you imagine some of these snowflakes putting up with rationing and blackouts?
    Ah, the old 'war' analogy. It's been a while.

Its two weeks

I detect some competitiveness between Westminster and the devolved administrations which is natural , as we are approaching elections, like 3 tier Boris v 5 tier Nicola ,na,na,na,na, i got more tiers than you oooo, is Andy of Manch land up for election soon ??

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Mobile phones , amazon , online shopping , the Internet , sky TV

I don't know how some people survive today , poor things

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I detect some competitiveness between Westminster and the devolved administrations which is natural , as we are approaching elections, like 3 tier Boris v 5 tier Nicola ,na,na,na,na, i got more tiers than you oooo, is Andy of Manch land up for election soon ??
    I have no idea

Monmouth losing trade to Ross on Wye, Chepstow losing trade to Lydney.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    On the plus side, Boris is happy to send Covid carriers to Wales despite WG requests.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    On the plus side, Boris is happy to send Covid carriers to Wales despite WG requests.
    Yes and we're happy to have them when they are using the government owned Cardiff Airport to fly out on the half term break.

I've just read the Technical Advisory Group's advice paper to the WAG. It's only 13 pages, not that complicated, and some of the conclusions are very interesting.

A key paragraph: "Behavioural insights show that many measures will only work if the public are engaged, agree and understand that Covid-19 is a serious health threat that must be managed; there should be a clear, simple set of rules and messages with achievable actions and goals. Messages and rules should be fair and applicable to all, and should reinforce why people are being asked to make significant sacrifices."

As regards non-essential retailers, the conclusion is: "Very minimal impact on Rt values. Some limited evidence of transmission from China. Short duration and ability to distance in most settings and face coverings are likely to mitigate well."

The advice paper seems to suggest that closing non-essential retailers would have a negligible impact on the transmission rate, but the shops were closed all the same and the WAG took things a step further by attempting to block non-essential items from being sold in supermarkets. If my understanding of the paper is correct, they certainly weren't 'following the science' on this occasion.

https://gov.wales/sites/default/file...e-breaks_2.pdf

I've just read the Technical Advisory Group's advice paper to the WAG. It's only 13 pages, not that complicated, and some of the conclusions are very interesting.

A key paragraph: "Behavioural insights show that many measures will only work if the public are engaged, agree and understand that Covid-19 is a serious health threat that must be managed; there should be a clear, simple set of rules and messages with achievable actions and goals. Messages and rules should be fair and applicable to all, and should reinforce why people are being asked to make significant sacrifices."

As regards non-essential retailers, the conclusion is: "Very minimal impact on Rt values. Some limited evidence of transmission from China. Short duration and ability to distance in most settings and face coverings are likely to mitigate well."

The advice paper seems to suggest that closing non-essential retailers would have negligible impact on the transmission rate, but the shops were closed all the same and the WAG took things a step further by attempting to block non-essential items from being sold in supermarkets. If my understanding of the paper is correct, they certainly weren't 'following the science' on this occasion.

https://gov.wales/sites/default/file...e-breaks_2.pdf
    But the reasons given weren't scientific.

But the reasons given weren't scientific.
    Reasons given by who? And what were those reasons?

Reasons given by who? And what were those reasons?
    Reasons given by WG.

Stopping smaller shops being disadvantaged by supermarkets having more of a share of the market.

Are we really back to this stage?

Reasons given by WG.

Stopping smaller shops being disadvantaged by supermarkets having more of a share of the market.

Are we really back to this stage?
    Statement from the WAG this evening regarding their policy on non-essential items in supermarkets:

"We continue to work closely with the sector and would stress that these restrictions are in place to stop the spread of coronavirus and save lives."

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    And hopefully lowering the incidence of Covid

Heisenberg

There's also a perception of a him as a petty individual who will make decisions simply to differ from the government in Westminster and shit like this doesn't help in that regard.
    He was getting equal amounts of shit aimed at him when he followed the same path as Westminster though.

Posts like: "he can't make a decision for himself" and "it's win win for Drakeford, if it fails he can blame Boris" were commonplace on here.

I pointed out at the time it's hardly going to be win-win for Drakeford if that's the view that people were taking.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-54716981

Supermarket staff are being put at risk by having to "referee" what can be bought during Wales' coronavirus lockdown, the Welsh Retail Consortium has said.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-54716981

Supermarket staff are being put at risk by having to "referee" what can be bought during Wales' coronavirus lockdown, the Welsh Retail Consortium has said.
    Supermarkets should employ people on a temporary basis in order to alleviate that extra pressure on staff. I'm sure Tesco can use a bit of initiative.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Supermarkets should employ people on a temporary basis in order to alleviate that extra pressure on staff. I'm sure Tesco can use a bit of initiative.
    I don't think there will realistically be any extra pressure on staff.
    Has anyone so far seen anyone in a supermarket kicking off because they can't buy something trivial?