For anyone who is interested.

Re: FOOTBALL FIX, 4.15pm BBC 2 WALES women v Norway

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    For anyone who is interested.
    Good shout Bluetit.

Good luck Wales

Well done to the faw for playing a recording of a previous crowd singing the anthem.
    Just need to avoid defeat, which is easier said than done against Norway.

Did well in Oslo in the corresponding fixture and were unfortunate to go home without something out of that game.

Must say, feel Norway look much better this time out with some tidy passing and movement. Point would be a fantastic effort for our lasses.

It's old style attack against defence, but the Norwegians haven't really created too much - invariably though, if a side has to defend for ninety minutes like Wales have done for forty five, tiredness sets in and concentration wanders. It's very hard against a team as good as Norway, but I think Wales need to find a way to get a bit more ball and territory if they are going to get anything out of the match.

One way traffic at the moment but Wales hanging on.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It's old style attack against defence, but the Norwegians haven't really created too much - invariably though, if a side has to defend for ninety minutes like Wales have done for forty five, tiredness sets in and concentration wanders. It's very hard against a team as good as Norway, but I think Wales need to find a way to get a bit more ball and territory if they are going to get anything out of the match.
    They aren't even trying to keep the ball. Just kicking aimlessly into the Norwegian half.

Strange.

Norway take the lead on the hour - a chance to counter attack, a poor touch and less than five seconds later the ball was in our net, hard to see a way back for us now.

Feedback

Wales need to bring the blonde lineswoman into the game more

Wales having a right go now and they're causing the Norwegians more problems than I thought they would - Wales just lack a bit of conviction when the ball is bouncing about in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Wales having a right go now and they're causing the Norwegians more problems than I thought they would - Wales just lack a bit of conviction when the ball is bouncing about in the area.
    Why, oh why, didn't they have a go earlier.

In many ways a mirror image of the away tie with one mistake costing us the game.

Although they had a goal cushion Norway looked a little unsure of themselves after that late flurry of attacking football from Wales. Imagine the game plan was to keep it tight and take a 0-0 if possible but felt a shame there wasn’t more glimpses throughout the game of that attacking intent till the last 15-20mins, because they’re clearly capable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    In many ways a mirror image of the away tie with one mistake costing us the game.

Although they had a goal cushion Norway looked a little unsure of themselves after that late flurry of attacking football from Wales. Imagine the game plan was to keep it tight and take a 0-0 if possible but felt a shame there wasn’t more glimpses throughout the game of that attacking intent till the last 15-20mins, because they’re clearly capable.
    I only saw the last 15 minutes, if Wales had played like that for more of the game they could have won it. Although there were still plenty of silly mistakes from Wales including a weak back pass that could have resulted in a second goal for Norway.

I watched about the first 30 minutes then the last 20. Both periods were just attack after attack but by Norway at the start and Wales at the end. Just a shame that Wales played such a defensive game for the majority of the 90 minutes.

I'm watching Wycombe v Watford. WTF is going on with Gareth Ainsworth?

No points for pushing the favourites so close unfortunately. It's always going to come down to that late equaliser against Northern Ireland. Still there to fight for, though.

https://twitter.com/blogdroed/status...55358761586693
    Only caught the last 15 mins of Wales v Norway and we absolutely battered them! How did we lose that game?

https://twitter.com/ffwtbol/status/1321160340621721605
    I’d also add, at a point there’s only so much we can learn from etc. and that promise can only take you so far - at a point we’ve got to make the most of that promise and capitalise on it. I really feel like this group will rankle for a long time if we don’t get out of it.

https://twitter.com/Colemans_Dream/s...56517320658944
    Who knows how much not playing in Newport may have played a role? I didn't see us concede tonight but understand it was a disappointing in that it was our mistake rather than their good play. If true, 3 goals conceded in that way is the difference between 1 point gained and 5 points gained which makes getting out of this group very hard. Disappointing but lots of quality in the group and the sort of togetherness we're familiar with so hopefully still something can be achieved.