+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Reading

Re: Reading

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    If we get to ten games without a sign of weakness from Reading, I reckon they're going up.

I think it's easy to fall into the trap of reading too much into the tables at the moment, because, although we're almost into November, it's effectively just early September as far as a "normal" season is concerned.
    I agree Bob. A win tonight and we have 12 points. 3 behind Swansea who are being deemed as flying at at the moment. Long old race the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    I agree Bob. A win tonight and we have 12 points. 3 behind Swansea who are being deemed as flying at at the moment. Long old race the league.
    And 1 behind Neil Warnock's Boro. 😠

It’s very early days. This start means we won’t get dragged into another relegation battle and have a decent shout at making the play offs. No more than that just yet.

Why have we done so well? We have defended very well but crucially we signed Josh Laurent on a free to play alongside Andy Rinomhota. They protect the back four brilliantly.

Up front Lucas Joao is a top striker at this level. With him our results last season were miles better than when he was injured. He missed much of last season. If he stays fit we should do well because he is exceptional. We have now scored 15 in 8 and conceded just 3 yet we don’t create many chances and that is a concern. The conversion rate right now is extra-ordinary. At some stage that just can’t continue.

Teams are also pressing us too much with a high press. It often works in the first half but teams cannot sustain it in the second half and then we start looking more dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    It’s very early days. This start means we won’t get dragged into another relegation battle and have a decent shout at making the play offs. No more than that just yet.

Why have we done so well? We have defended very well but crucially we signed Josh Laurent on a free to play alongside Andy Rinomhota. They protect the back four brilliantly.

Up front Lucas Joao is a top striker at this level. With him our results last season were miles better than when he was injured. He missed much of last season. If he stays fit we should do well because he is exceptional. We have now scored 15 in 8 and conceded just 3 yet we don’t create many chances and that is a concern. The conversion rate right now is extra-ordinary. At some stage that just can’t continue.

Teams are also pressing us too much with a high press. It often works in the first half but teams cannot sustain it in the second half and then we start looking more dangerous.
    Blackburn couldn’t sustain it for 9 seconds last night

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Blackburn couldn’t sustain it for 9 seconds last night
    I missed the bloody goal. Was in the loo when my son started shouting that we had scored.

I missed the bloody goal. Was in the loo when my son started shouting that we had scored.
    Piss all over the seat

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Piss all over the seat
    Good jobbie it was the first goal, dread to think about the state of the seat had it’d been a number two

we've really put the mockers on reading with this thread

Yeah thanks for this thread. The wheels appear to be coming off. The injuries are hurting us now. We don’t have much depth and it’s showing. Their first goal was offside but thereafter we were really poor against average opposition.
    Still early days but we badly need the international break.

Yeah thanks for this thread. The wheels appear to be coming off. The injuries are hurting us now. We don’t have much depth and it’s showing. Their first goal was offside but thereafter we were really poor against average opposition.
    Still early days but we badly need the international break.
    I’m starting one on the Jacks on Saturday

I know your recent results may have changed your opinion somewhat, but, after watching him look comfortably the best player on the pitch in the Shrewsbury v Liverpool FA Cup match last season, I'm disappointed that City, apparently, made no effort to sign him.

I know your recent results may have changed your opinion somewhat, but, after watching him look comfortably the best player on the pitch in the Shrewsbury v Liverpool FA Cup match last season, I'm disappointed that City, apparently, made no effort to sign him.
    He’s done well. The problem has been we haven’t been taking our chances. Whereas prior to Coventry we were ruthless. No real surprise. We have still made a great start but badly need the break to get players back from injury.

Come the window those with money will get stronger.

Reading will slip down the league.

If they made top 6 it would be an incredible achievement. Cant see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Come the window those with money will get stronger.

Reading will slip down the league.

If they made top 6 it would be an incredible achievement. Cant see it.
    they have a good chance, they're still top.
    if the likes of Brentford, Bournemouth and Norwich get their act together then you'd expect them to be up there, but there aren't too many other clubs who are any better than the rest

All a bit topsy turvy at the moment, a side that we beat away the other week, a side that didn’t look any great shakes goes and sticks three on the league leaders away

2-0 down at home to Stoke currently.

2-0 down at home to Stoke currently.
    Make that 3

I would like to personally thank Splott Dai for starting this thread....the ****.
    Absolutely abysmal today. We gifted Stoke all three goals with pathetic mistakes. We are on the slide.

I would like to personally thank Splott Dai for starting this thread....the ****.
    Absolutely abysmal today. We gifted Stoke all three goals with pathetic mistakes. We are on the slide.
    It is as usual a strange division, results dont go as you expect.

Hey Pearcey give me some credit, it was I, not Splott Dai who started the thread and Royally f*cked the Broken Biscuits

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I’m starting one on the Jacks on Saturday
    Joaner.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    Joaner.
    Nice badge Max. Must have taken a few goes?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Nice badge Max. Must have taken a few goes?
    Best one on here Cyril.

For all those posters wanting City to pass it out from the back take a look at the farcical goals Reading conceded today to show what happens when you try and play like Man City but haven’t got players with the ability to do so.