+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Snow on it's way?

Snow on it's way?

East Midlands could be hit hardest.

Re: Snow on it's way?

Derby game "OFF THEN"

International

There were hailstones north of Bristol this morning. I thought my windscreen was going to crack at one point.!

The BBC weather forecast for Derby (which is sometimes nearly right) predicts 7 degrees, mainly clear skies and a 20% chance of a short heavy shower or two this evening.

That won't stop the Derby County FC photoshop dept. though....

Some of the Derby ground staff live in Antarctica and the local conditions mean they cannot get to the stadium tonight. Game could be off.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    The BBC weather forecast for Derby (which is sometimes nearly right) predicts 7 degrees, mainly clear skies and a 20% chance of a short heavy shower or two this evening.

That won't stop the Derby County FC photoshop dept. though....
    Clear skies? Couldnt see much in the concourse last time....a sort of coloured fog had ascended😂

The first sign is normally Valley folk heading for the hills just after lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    There were hailstones north of Bristol this morning. I thought my windscreen was going to crack at one point.!
    we were just down the road from you then, we went to the beach today ( brean sands ), got out of the van and it was lovely and sunny ( and bit breezy, but it always is at brean ) parked up, walked the dogs down the beach, got to the end ( must be a 3 - 4 mile from the car park gate ), the wind picked up, it peed down and then hailed, the sand was white with the hail, couldnt see 6 ft infront of you with the hail and sand whirling around

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    Some of the Derby ground staff live in Antarctica and the local conditions mean they cannot get to the stadium tonight. Game could be off.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    The first sign is normally Valley folk heading for the hills just after lunch.
    Haha another thing working from home has ruined. "Can I go home please mate?""Why?" "Well I lives in Merthyr and the temperature has dropped below 4 degrees"

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Haha another thing working from home has ruined. "Can I go home please mate?""Why?" "Well I lives in Merthyr and the temperature has dropped below 4 degrees"
    Meerkats is a nickname for them, a few flakes in Cardiff and they’re bobbing up and craning their necks through the office windows, waiting for the magic words ‘They’re thinking of closing the A470’