+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: FT: DERBY COUNTY 1 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: DERBY COUNTY 1 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You do know that Wilson was injured and didn't play don't you ?
    Yes because we’ve played really well in the other 9 games this season.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You do know that Wilson was injured and didn't play don't you ? Tomlin was also injured. What other alternative was there ?
    Mark Harris? Change of shape? One of Hoilett, Murphy or Ojo? Perhaps have Glatzel in there? Lots of potential alternatives. We know Ralls as a 10 doesn't work, he's much better when he plays deeper

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Whatever anyone says about us having some quality players in the squad, overall we're a side with limited ball-playing talent. We're not going to have lots of possession so - as it has been for a few seasons - the primary objective is to stop the other side, and score with the little possession we get. Pack, Vaulks,Ralls, Bacuna [to a lesser extent], they're all players whose game is static and mainly defensive. It's a shame because there are players out there that can do both - we had one in Gunnarson..
    I disagree with Ralls, I think there’s something there. Harris might not be the one to get it out of him but he’s got something. Vaulks is not up to it, I was critical of Giggs for not giving him games instead of Levitt etc, I am no longer critical

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Mark Harris? Change of shape? One of Hoilett, Murphy or Ojo? Perhaps have Glatzel in there? Lots of potential alternatives. We know Ralls as a 10 doesn't work, he's much better when he plays deeper
    I think we’ve got to start 442 if we don’t have Wilson or Tomlin, perhaps play Ojo behind. He’s said he can play there. Moore was completely isolated for 60 minutes last night. Glatzel could benefit from Moore doing the heavy lifting too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I think we’ve got to start 442 if we don’t have Wilson or Tomlin, perhaps play Ojo behind. He’s said he can play there. Moore was completely isolated for 60 minutes last night. Glatzel could benefit from Moore doing the heavy lifting too.
    Yes, Ojo looked the one player who could create something, which he did of course. Strong argument to play him at no10, with Murphy at no 7. That would allow Ralls to play further back.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Yes, Ojo looked the one player who could create something, which he did of course. Strong argument to play him at no10, with Murphy at no 7. That would allow Ralls to play further back.
    Ojo now has to play. He scores and looks like he might do something. I think our strongest team will be him, Tomlin and Wilson. It's a gamble to play all 3 but it can't be any worse than last night. We miss NML's directness massively.

I disagree with Ralls, I think there’s something there. Harris might not be the one to get it out of him but he’s got something. Vaulks is not up to it, I was critical of Giggs for not giving him games instead of Levitt etc, I am no longer critical
    Ralls is fine when he plays in his proper position, but Harris needs to stop using him as an attacking midfielder.

Ojo now has to play. He scores and looks like he might do something. I think our strongest team will be him, Tomlin and Wilson. It's a gamble to play all 3 but it can't be any worse than last night. We miss NML's directness massively.
    I agree with this, but when is Tomlin going to be fit enough to start games? I also think that we need to start giving Murphy more game time than Hoilett, who looks over the hill, whereas at least there is a chance that Murphy could improve.

Ojo playing as a number 10 seems to obvious solution to me as he's not a winger.

Harris insisting on playing Hoilett and also having Ralls/Vaulks as a 10 is now getting ridiculous.

Give Murphy & Whyte some playing time or pay off their contracts as i'm still convinced that both can offer us something different.

Fair play to Ojo, didn't see much in him first few games but last night he seemed to pop up all over the place wanting the ball, he's not going to do something with it every time but at least he has the confidence to want it and so far has a good return.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    2020-10-28-derby-cardiff.jpg

Heres someone else's attempt at calulating xG which has it slightly the other way round, but basically a pretty even game.

It was even because they are bloody awful as well

I don't know what Derby are trying to do but they are horrendous. We had 56% possession last night and we can't pass

Re: DERBY COUNTY v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    We're not playing well, but the idea that Paterson would improve this team is laughable.
    I agree .

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I think it might be worth playing Glatzel and Moore together. Moore our central striker with Glatzel roaming either side of him.
    Let’s face it, we keep trying both Hoilett and Ralls every time and they both offer virtually nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I think it might be worth playing Glatzel and Moore together. Moore our central striker with Glatzel roaming either side of him.
    Let’s face it, we keep trying both Hoilett and Ralls every time and they both offer virtually nothing.
    That didn't work yesterday.