+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: FT: DERBY COUNTY 1 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: DERBY COUNTY 1 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Did we only make one substitution? That seems odd with the fixtures so congested.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    What's Bacuna thinking shooting from there?
    Complete rush of blood to the head, the play was building nicely there and we could have snatched all 3 points.
    Proper daylight robbery that would have been mind you!

Another pretty unconvincing performance but the thing that strikes me most is how lethargic everybody seems.
    No urgency at all.
    Where are the leaders shouting?

If anything it's a reminder of how bad the game can be if you aren't at the game where if the game's shit, at least there's always a chance of a few beers and you are out in the fresh air!

Think I'm going a bit stir crazy

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Complete rush of blood to the head, the play was building nicely there and we could have snatched all 3 points.

Another pretty unconvincing performance but the thing that strikes me most is how lethargic everybody seems.
    No urgency at all.

If anything it's a reminder of how bad the game can be if you aren't at the game where if the game's shit, at least there's always a chance of a few beers and you are out in the fresh air!

I wouldn’t say daylight robbery, we did hit the post twice. Either side could have won 2-1 and it wouldn’t have been a travesty, we were piss poor but Derby are abysmal.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Think it might be time to acknowledge that Glatzel is another absolute awful purchase by Warnock.
    Not too sure what he's expected to do with the average players behind him and poor service.

Okay Derby were on a pretty bad run but without Wilson and Tomlin, I did fear for us when we went behind.

Ojo played well again I thought and probably the only shining light.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I wouldn’t say daylight robbery, we did hit the post twice. Either side could have won 2-1 and it wouldn’t have been a travesty, we were piss poor but Derby are abysmal.
    Yes but a draw was the fair result, 2 poor sides and the match to suit.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

No urgency at all.

Did you notice in the first half when Pack strolled (really quite slowly) from the corner of the 18 yard box over to the corner flag, to take a corner? I actually thought that he was injured!

In complete contrast, Ralls (who runs everywhere) jogged over to take his corner as player usually do (even I run to take corners -and I’m 56! - because I don’t want to keep my team mates waiting!)

It was so obvious and so infuriating and just weird. 🤦*♂️

Re: DERBY COUNTY v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Two poor sides
    At least Derby tried to play football. We couldn't.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    At least Derby tried to play football. We couldn't.

StT.
    <><
    I don't think them passing the ball sideways is playing football. Both sides are frigging awful.

Why does Harris keep persisting with playing Ralls as a 10? It doesn't work

He needs to be less cautious, there's talent in this squad

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Did we only make one substitution? That seems odd with the fixtures so congested.
    Murphy was ready to come on and then we scored, so we shut up shop.

Wilson is going to get Harris sacked. We've got some seriously good players and we aren't getting the best out of any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Wilson is going to get Harris sacked. We've got some seriously good players and we aren't getting the best out of any of them.
    What do you mean by that?

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Would say they've lost the plot tonight but based off what we've seen I'm not sure ever had it this evening. Kieffer Moore has made a big error signing for us, another one to add to the CCFC strikers graveyard.
    He might not be a natural goal-scorer but he is a goal-scorer, hard-working, mobile, quicker than you would think, strong and has a relatively good touch. He's also improving. Kieffer Moore is a good signing for us.

Twice this past week us fans have felt it was not our strongest side and yet we've drawn against 2nd in the league and 8th in the league. Glass half-full person says we're now unbeaten in 5 but realist says we've only had two good performance this year had six games where have not hit "top six club" form.

What do you mean by that?
    You can't sign Harry Wilson and finish mid table. Expectations have been raised and we aren't close to meeting any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Did you notice in the first half when Pack strolled (really quite slowly) from the corner of the 18 yard box over to the corner flag, to take a corner? I actually thought that he was injured!

In complete contrast, Ralls (who runs everywhere) jogged over to take his corner as player usually do (even I run to take corners -and I’m 56! - because I don’t want to keep my team mates waiting!)

It was so obvious and so infuriating and just weird. 🤦*♂️
    I was actually shouting at the telly.
    3 minutes before half time 1 nil down and
    with a bit of momentum. I could not believe my eyes!

You can't sign Harry Wilson and finish mid table. Expectations have been raised and we aren't close to meeting any of them.
    I think we would look a lot better with Bacuna and Ralls playing in midfield behind Wilson. Pack and Vaulks is an awful combination.

I think we would look a lot better with Bacuna and Ralls playing in midfield behind Wilson. Pack and Vaulks is an awful combination.
    We have to play two of one of Bacuna, Ralls and Pack with and Wilson, Tomlin, Ojo etc in front. We should play 442 instead of playing 3 of them.

My point entirely.

StT.
    <><

Christ this is going to be a long season if we get this much doom and gloom every time we draw a game away from home

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Christ this is going to be a long season if we get this much doom and gloom every time we draw a game away from home
    You did watch the game, didn’t you? We have good players, we will get points but we are playing terribly.

You did watch the game, didn’t you? We have good players, we will get points but we are playing terribly.
    yes I did. yes it was a poor performance, but that happens

I don't think them passing the ball sideways is playing football. Both sides are frigging awful.
    We passed the ball from side to side on the half way line repeatedly. Derby certainly didn’t. We made them look like a decent passing side and they are a really poor side.

That tells you how bad we were - we actually made a really poor team look good.

Whatever anyone says about us having some quality players in the squad, overall we're a side with limited ball-playing talent. We're not going to have lots of possession so - as it has been for a few seasons - the primary objective is to stop the other side, and score with the little possession we get. Pack, Vaulks,Ralls, Bacuna [to a lesser extent], they're all players whose game is static and mainly defensive. It's a shame because there are players out there that can do both - we had one in Gunnarson..

You do know that Wilson was injured and didn't play don't you ?

You do know that Wilson was injured and didn't play don't you ? Tomlin was also injured. What other alternative was there ?