+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: FT: DERBY COUNTY 1 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FT: DERBY COUNTY 1 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Think it might be time to acknowledge that Glatzel is another absolute awful purchase by Warnock.
    Not too sure what he's expected to do with the average players behind him and poor service.

Okay Derby were on a pretty bad run but without Wilson and Tomlin, I did fear for us when we went behind.

Ojo played well again I thought and probably the only shining light.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I wouldn’t say daylight robbery, we did hit the post twice. Either side could have won 2-1 and it wouldn’t have been a travesty, we were piss poor but Derby are abysmal.
    Yes but a draw was the fair result, 2 poor sides and the match to suit.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Complete rush of blood to the head, the play was building nicely there and we could have snatched all 3 points.
    Proper daylight robbery that would have been mind you!

Another pretty unconvincing performance but the thing that strikes me most is how lethargic everybody seems.
    No urgency at all.
    Where are the leaders shouting?

If anything it's a reminder of how bad the game can be if you aren't at the game where if the game's shit, at least there's always a chance of a few beers and you are out in the fresh air!

Think I'm going a bit stir crazy
    Did you notice in the first half when Pack strolled (really quite slowly) from the corner of the 18 yard box over to the corner flag, to take a corner? I actually thought that he was injured!

In complete contrast, Ralls (who runs everywhere) jogged over to take his corner as player usually do (even I run to take corners -and I’m 56! - because I don’t want to keep my team mates waiting!)

It was so obvious and so infuriating and just weird. 🤦*♂️

Why does Harris keep persisting with playing Ralls as a 10? It doesn't work

He needs to be less cautious, there's talent in this squad

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

Wilson is going to get Harris sacked. We've got some seriously good players and we aren't getting the best out of any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Wilson is going to get Harris sacked. We've got some seriously good players and we aren't getting the best out of any of them.
    What do you mean by that?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    What do you mean by that?
    You can't sign Harry Wilson and finish mid table. Expectations have been raised and we aren't close to meeting any of them.

You can't sign Harry Wilson and finish mid table. Expectations have been raised and we aren't close to meeting any of them.
    I think we would look a lot better with Bacuna and Ralls playing in midfield behind Wilson. Pack and Vaulks is an awful combination.

You do know that Wilson was injured and didn't play don't you ?

My point entirely.

StT.
    <><

You do know that Wilson was injured and didn't play don't you ? Tomlin was also injured. What other alternative was there ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Did you notice in the first half when Pack strolled (really quite slowly) from the corner of the 18 yard box over to the corner flag, to take a corner? I actually thought that he was injured!

In complete contrast, Ralls (who runs everywhere) jogged over to take his corner as player usually do (even I run to take corners -and I’m 56! - because I don’t want to keep my team mates waiting!)

It was so obvious and so infuriating and just weird. 🤦*♂️
    I was actually shouting at the telly.
    3 minutes before half time 1 nil down and
    with a bit of momentum. I could not believe my eyes!

Christ this is going to be a long season if we get this much doom and gloom every time we draw a game away from home

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Christ this is going to be a long season if we get this much doom and gloom every time we draw a game away from home
    You did watch the game, didn’t you? We have good players, we will get points but we are playing terribly.

You did watch the game, didn’t you? We have good players, we will get points but we are playing terribly.
    yes I did. yes it was a poor performance, but that happens

I don't think them passing the ball sideways is playing football. Both sides are frigging awful.
    We passed the ball from side to side on the half way line repeatedly. Derby certainly didn’t. We made them look like a decent passing side and they are a really poor side.

That tells you how bad we were - we actually made a really poor team look good.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You do know that Wilson was injured and didn't play don't you ?
    Yes because we’ve played really well in the other 9 games this season.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You do know that Wilson was injured and didn't play don't you ? Tomlin was also injured. What other alternative was there ?
    Mark Harris? Change of shape? One of Hoilett, Murphy or Ojo? Perhaps have Glatzel in there? Lots of potential alternatives. We know Ralls as a 10 doesn't work, he's much better when he plays deeper

Mark Harris? Change of shape? One of Hoilett, Murphy or Ojo? Perhaps have Glatzel in there? Lots of potential alternatives. We know Ralls as a 10 doesn't work, he's much better when he plays deeper
    I think it might be worth playing Glatzel and Moore together. Moore our central striker with Glatzel roaming either side of him.
    Let’s face it, we keep trying both Hoilett and Ralls every time and they both offer virtually nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I think it might be worth playing Glatzel and Moore together. Moore our central striker with Glatzel roaming either side of him.
    Let’s face it, we keep trying both Hoilett and Ralls every time and they both offer virtually nothing.
    That didn't work yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Whatever anyone says about us having some quality players in the squad, overall we're a side with limited ball-playing talent. We're not going to have lots of possession so - as it has been for a few seasons - the primary objective is to stop the other side, and score with the little possession we get. Pack, Vaulks,Ralls, Bacuna [to a lesser extent], they're all players whose game is static and mainly defensive. It's a shame because there are players out there that can do both - we had one in Gunnarson..
    I disagree with Ralls, I think there’s something there. Harris might not be the one to get it out of him but he’s got something. Vaulks is not up to it, I was critical of Giggs for not giving him games instead of Levitt etc, I am no longer critical

I disagree with Ralls, I think there’s something there. Harris might not be the one to get it out of him but he’s got something. Vaulks is not up to it, I was critical of Giggs for not giving him games instead of Levitt etc, I am no longer critical
    Ralls is fine when he plays in his proper position, but Harris needs to stop using him as an attacking midfielder.

I think we’ve got to start 442 if we don’t have Wilson or Tomlin, perhaps play Ojo behind. He’s said he can play there. Moore was completely isolated for 60 minutes last night. Glatzel could benefit from Moore doing the heavy lifting too.

I think we’ve got to start 442 if we don’t have Wilson or Tomlin, perhaps play Ojo behind. He’s said he can play there. Moore was completely isolated for 60 minutes last night. Glatzel could benefit from Moore doing the heavy lifting too.
    Yes, Ojo looked the one player who could create something, which he did of course. Strong argument to play him at no10, with Murphy at no 7. That would allow Ralls to play further back.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Yes, Ojo looked the one player who could create something, which he did of course. Strong argument to play him at no10, with Murphy at no 7. That would allow Ralls to play further back.
    Ojo now has to play. He scores and looks like he might do something. I think our strongest team will be him, Tomlin and Wilson. It's a gamble to play all 3 but it can't be any worse than last night. We miss NML's directness massively.