+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who would have Warnock back?

Re: Who would have Warnock back?

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    You would like to think the board would bring in Eddie Howe but in reality we would probably go for Paul Cook the cheaper option.
    More likely to get Paul Chuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Warnock's shit signings are the reason that we're in this mess.
    Agreed, no way we should go backwards! Give Harris until Christmas,if we’re still struggling Nigel Pearson anyone?

I argued that Warnock should stay after relegation but now realise I got that wrong. It was such an enjoyable ride and so many good memories (Warnock chapter one) but the summer, winter, summer window before he left on good terms were more bad than good and, especially when you have a reluctance to develop youth, two or three below par windows was not recoverable from. We were left, as most Warnock teams are, with an older squad needing to rebuild and no easy way to do that (Warnock chapter two).

Harris is trying to develop this side and if you think he's struggling then the idea that Eddie Howe could come in with very little money to spend and do it is questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Agreed, no way we should go backwards! Give Harris until Christmas,if we’re still struggling Nigel Pearson anyone?
    No changes until the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    No changes until the summer.
    We could be down by then

We could be down by then
    So be it.

I'd have Malky back before Warnock.

We could be down by then
    We've got good players and we rarely loose. We're massively under performing but there's far too much quality in the squad to go down. We're unbeaten in 5.

So be it.

I'd have Malky back before Warnock.
    OMG - No I wouldn’t want either, I do think that Harris needs a rocket up his arse after tonight, I’d give him 3 games and then a meet up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We've got good players and we rarely loose. We're massively under performing but there's far too much quality in the squad to go down. We're unbeaten in 5.

ANYONE, PLEASE

Ahhh the to good to go down attitude.

OMG - No I wouldn’t want either, I do think that Harris needs a rocket up his arse after tonight, I’d give him 3 games and then a meet up.
    Warnock was dispatched after we lost to Bristol City. That's in 3 games time....

Ahhh the to good to go down attitude.
    The results are proof. We've got 10 points from 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Beginning to think I would.
    Can we move on from Warnockosaurus please.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Can we move on from Warnockosaurus please.
    Absolutely.

The results are proof. We've got 10 points from 8.
    Whereas Sheffield Wednesday started the season on -12 and Wycombe are clearly out of their depth.

Of course not, that ship has sailed.
    Neither do I want the sacking of Neil Harris.
    We have not played anywhere near as well as we can, yes there is something not quite right, but we are only 10 games in.

We have some new players trying to bed in and some injuries to key players.
    He hasn't got a war chest.

Harris needs time to sort it out and not people calling for his head.

No thanks. Some short memories on here. He did a great job when he was here but left us with an ageing, slowing squad. This is Harris's first squad, he needs time to develop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    No thanks. Some short memories on here. He did a great job when he was here but left us with an ageing, slowing squad. This is Harris's first squad, he needs time to develop it.
    This.

We aren't playing great football but didn't under Warnock even in our promotion season.

If we are ever going to transform the age and style of the squad on a limited budget then results and performances need to take a back seat.

No

We've moved on - As much as I adored Warnock it was a time for a change - the signings of Vassell and Flint were appalling waste of monies - his methods are never long term but are bloody great in turning things around with a them and us attitude - it wears after 2 to 3 years though

Give Harris more time - but christ that was painful in midfield tonight - Ralls and Vaulks were awful and who made Morrison a playmaker

Why do our fans think so much in the here and now.
    You can't keep chopping and changing you've got to look at sustainability and a future not a quick fix.
    Harris can't change the style of play overnight with the same personnel it's going to take time.
    We had a great end to last season and have had an OK start to this season.
    A bit of patience wouldn't go a miss but I know we won't get it because so many of our fans have never known real shite.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Why do our fans think so much in the here and now.
    You can't keep chopping and changing you've got to look at sustainability and a future not a quick fix.
    Harris can't change the style of play overnight with the same personnel it's going to take time.
    We had a great end to last season and have had an OK start to this season.
    A bit of patience wouldn't go a miss but I know we won't get it because so many of our fans have never known real shite.
    Football is the here and now. Harris has changed the football a bit. Millwall fans warned us about what we've become. It's too early to replace him or panic but this season we've played well for about 45 minutes in 10 games.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    I also don't understand this argument. We were bloody awful 25 years ago so it's OK to be awful now? We're now a big club by Championship standards. Man United fans don't go, well we got relegated in the mid 70s so it's OK that we're a bit of an also ran now. We've got good players, we've got a great stadium and we've not finished below 12th in the Championship for over a decade. We've been out of the basement divisions for longer than we were in it, it's time to move on.

This.

We aren't playing great football but didn't under Warnock even in our promotion season.

If we are ever going to transform the age and style of the squad on a limited budget then results and performances need to take a back seat.
    The difference is though that the team were WINNING during the promotion season and so fans will forgive the style of football, if the team is winning......

This time last week people were queuing up to have a pop at Bluebird 23 for having a go at Neil Harris, now, after a couple more games where we came back from a goal down there are those who have switched sides it appears! We're not playing well, not scoring anywhere near enough goals and are a dull team to watch based on what I've seen this season, but I certainly don't want Warnock back - once was enough and we wouldn't have reached the Play Offs with him in charge.

I couldn't watch last night's match, but the radio commentary in the first half especially did not make for easy listening. It seems to me that Neil Harris thinks Pack, Ralls, Vaulks and Bacuna represents a good Championship midfield - all of them have their plus points, but as a quartet we don't have enough technique, invention and ball retention skills. I don't believe that means our manager should go though, after all, the four of them were good enough to help us to fifth place last season. That was with an in form Lee Tomlin though -unfortunately, last night sounded much like I expected it to be when I heard Wilson and Tomlin were not available.

Morrison can pass better than some of the midfielders.
    You're right. While his distribution is often lacking I put that down to lack of movement and options in front of him. Since Warnock has left he does try to bring the ball out and look for shorter passes. Pack is usually the one who drops deep and he is a good sideways passer, but when Pack isn't in the team Morrison has few options..