+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who would have Warnock back?

Re: Who would have Warnock back?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Morrison can pass better than some of the midfielders.
    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    This time last week people were queuing up to have a pop at Bluebird 23 for having a go at Neil Harris, now, after a couple more games where we came back from a goal down there are those who have switched sides it appears! We're not playing well, not scoring anywhere near enough goals and are a dull team to watch based on what I've seen this season, but I certainly don't want Warnock back - once was enough and we wouldn't have reached the Play Offs with him in charge.

I couldn't watch last night's match, but the radio commentary in the first half especially did not make for easy listening. It seems to me that Neil Harris thinks Pack, Ralls, Vaulks and Bacuna represents a good Championship midfield - all of them have their plus points, but as a quartet we don't have enough technique, invention and ball retention skills. I don't believe that means our manager should go though, after all, the four of them were good enough to help us to fifth place last season. That was with an in form Lee Tomlin though -unfortunately, last night sounded much like I expected it to be when I heard Wilson and Tomlin were not available.
    I feel the same.

Progress under Harris is painfully slow and some would argue there's no progress at all.

While he inherited a disjointed and unbalanced squad he's had a year and the truth is we are still very slow, laborious and lacking a playing style (of any kind). Our foray into the play offs was on the back of a great run away from home and a break, which suited us more than other teams, caused by a global pandemic. I'm not sure we should be relying on these conditions again!

But I wouldn't want Warnock back.

He spent 6 million on Flint when the team was crying out for pace and guile and a goal scorer.

No thanks

However, Harris isn't far away from being under a lot of pressure. No home wins so far and a team that looks as slow and stagnant as last year under Warnock... the board will be considering changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Beginning to think I would.
    No, we need an ambitious fairly young manager. Step forward please Eddie Howe

No way.
    Overstayed his time here as it is. He who have left at the end if the season not hang around for one last hurrah.

Forward to 2035:

Harris is still evolving his team; doesn't know his best XI; perseveres with Pack and thinks Glatzel is the best striker he's ever seen; still trying to get an obese Tomlln offa the pies.....etc etc etc

Funniest suggestion of the year
    - surely this is satire? 🤣🤣

We are no better now, arguably worse, than when Warnock was sacked. But when a Warnock Mk 2 is appointed what should be expect? There has been zero progress; we look disjointed, we are still hoofing the ball, we are persevering with Glazel who is poor and we desperately need a midfielder who can run with the ball and do anything with it that doesn't involve the hit and hope style we play. Would I have Warnock back? Possibly.

I still back Harris.

Completely pointless saying get Eddie Howe as he wouldnt come. Hed want money. His next job is a big one. Its hard to see this squad going up.

We will be in real financial difficulty next summer and will probably if anything be selling not buying.

Howe wont want any part of us.

Harris though has to make big improvements on last night. The majority of the game we were shocking.

If performances like last night continue then he will be under pressure. If this keeps up then December maybe look at alternatives. Pearson maybe.

I think Harris will turn this around though.

I think its clear hes made an error in not getting another right back in. We should address that by looking at the free agents.

Its not just for the full back position but to get Ralls and Bacuna together in the middle and have either Wilson Tomlin or Ojo as the 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I still back Harris.

Completely pointless saying get Eddie Howe as he wouldnt come. Hed want money. His next job is a big one. Its hard to see this squad going up.

We will be in real financial difficulty next summer and will probably if anything be selling not buying.

Harris though has to make big improvements on last night. The majority of the game we were shocking.

If performances like last night continue then he will be under pressure. If this keeps up then December maybe look at alternatives. Pearson maybe.

I think its clear hes made an error in not getting another right back in. We should address that by looking at the free agents.

Its not just for the full back position but to get Ralls and Bacuna together in the middle and have either Wilson Tomlin or Ojo as the 10.
    The first half last night, looked like the players were disinterested. Last time I seen a performance like that, was when Andy Legg led a revolt of players to get Bobby Gould (I think) out. I think it was at Barnet. Strange times indeed, as these same players, were a goal away from a play off final, a few months ago, so what has happened to them.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    The first half last night, looked like the players were disinterested. Last time I seen a performance like that, was when Andy Legg led a revolt of players to get Bobby Gould (I think) out. I think it was at Barnet. Strange times indeed, as these same players, were a goal away from a play off final, a few months ago, so what has happened to them.
    Tomlin bailed us out.

The hope is Wilson and Tomlin make a big difference.

Tomlin, plus there was a team spirit and a cause. This season, it's 46 games, we've started poorly and they probably know there's little chance of us doing anything so they've slightly eased up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I still back Harris.

Neil Harris said after last night's match that Osei-Tutu will be out for four to six weeks and that Wilson's injury is not too serious, he may have to miss Saturday but should be alright after that.

I agree that we should have got an out of contract right back in, it could still be done, but a lot of the more realistic targets have found clubs now.

Neil Harris said after last night's match that Osei-Tutu will be out for four to six weeks and that Wilson's injury is not too serious, he may have to miss Saturday but should be alright after that.

I agree that we should have got an out of contract right back in, it could still be done, but a lot of the more realistic targets have found clubs now.
    Oh for a Chris Gunter NOW !!!!!!!

That is the second player who is going to miss extended time this season after being rushed back from injury.

**** Off

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    **** Off
    Been waiting for this

His decisions to rush Bennett and JOT back in have been a bit odd, considering he's rotated so much. I'd like to see Bacuna back in the middle but that won't be possible for most of 2020 now!

His decisions to rush Bennett and JOT back in have been a bit odd, considering he's rotated so much. I'd like to see Bacuna back in the middle but that won't be possible for most of 2020 now!
    It seems obvious to me.
    He knows his best side and is feeling the pressure.

It is a results business and perhaps he's thinking along the lines of I might as well play someone earlier than ideal which has an element of risk attached to it as I might not be here in 5 games time when the risk is much lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    We are no better now, arguably worse, than when Warnock was sacked. But when a Warnock Mk 2 is appointed what should be expect? There has been zero progress; we look disjointed, we are still hoofing the ball, we are persevering with Glazel who is poor and we desperately need a midfielder who can run with the ball and do anything with it that doesn't involve the hit and hope style we play. Would I have Warnock back? Possibly.
    We certainly aren't worse than we were at this stage last season. We were lucky to have won any games at all having relied on late winners (96th and 88th minute) against Luton and Huddersfield and an own goal at home to Middlesbrough. We'd also been ripped apart by a Reading side who'd go on to finish 15th and had a calamitous start away at Wigan

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fran...spieler/370691

How about this guy

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Scratch that he's out injured until January

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Scratch that he's out injured until January
    Perfect for us then

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    It seems obvious to me.
    He knows his best side and is feeling the pressure.

It is a results business and perhaps he's thinking along the lines of I might as well play someone earlier than ideal which has an element of risk attached to it as I might not be here in 5 games time when the risk is much lower.
    He's rotated everyone bar his full backs and he's rushed both of them back too early. It is very odd.

Been waiting for this
    Can you imagine? Jesus wept.

Bacona is obviously his back up right back, he has played there in the Premier League for Villa and Reading so why is everyone panicking,Nelson also looks comfortable at right back! Injuries happen, we can no longer afford to have reserves sitting in the stand like Warnock had costing us a fortune?

Oh for a Chris Gunter NOW !!!!!!!
    Definitely should have signed him. Adam matthews also signed for Charlton on a 1 year deal too.

Especially Gunter he could have covered left back too.