+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who would have Warnock back?

Re: Who would have Warnock back?

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Definitely should have signed him. Adam matthews also signed for Charlton on a 1 year deal too.

Especially Gunter he could have covered left back too.
    I'm glad we didn't sign Gunter.
    He's been average at best in this division for years.
    He's now into his 30s, probably on a largish wage and would have been looking for a 2 year contract which I wouldn't have been happy about.
    We needed to bring some younger players in desperately.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I'm glad we didn't sign Gunter.
    He's been average at best in this division for years.
    He's now into his 30s, probably on a largish wage and would have been looking for a 2 year contract which I wouldn't have been happy about.
    We needed to bring some YOUNGER PLAYERS in desperately.

Good luck with that !!!

We needed experienced cover desperately, not some young inexperienced whippersnapper

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Good luck with that !!!

We needed experienced cover desperately, not some young inexperienced whippersnapper
    We had comfortably the oldest squad in the league last season - half of them over 30 and approaching the end of their contracts - we've seen with Sol Bamba how quickly player performance can drop off a cliff post 30 - he was probably our best player not too long ago. Now he's just eating up a section of the wage bill.
    Signing Gunter would just be building up more problems for next summer

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Bacona is obviously his back up right back, he has played there in the Premier League for Villa and Reading so why is everyone panicking,Nelson also looks comfortable at right back! Injuries happen, we can no longer afford to have reserves sitting in the stand like Warnock had costing us a fortune?
    If you have Bacuna at RB then you have the erratic moments closer to your goal and rely too heavily on Pack (slow) and Vaulks (has been poor this year, potentially a lower half-championship player only) in midfield. That's not going to help move the ball quicker at all.

Bacona is obviously his back up right back, he has played there in the Premier League for Villa and Reading so why is everyone panicking,Nelson also looks comfortable at right back! Injuries happen, we can no longer afford to have reserves sitting in the stand like Warnock had costing us a fortune?
    Is that lilke Bacuna, only a bit rasher ?

A case of lean back when he shoots

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    A case of lean back when he shoots
    Yeah he makes a pig's ear of it alright

Not me. I don’t think I could stand the cloying insincerity of being told again that we are a great club with amazing fans. Then again, doesn’t he say that at every club he manages ?

Agreed, no way we should go backwards! Give Harris until Christmas,if we’re still struggling Nigel Pearson anyone?
    Yes,he is the one i wanted whem Warnock went

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Neil Harris said after last night's match that Osei-Tutu will be out for four to six weeks and that Wilson's injury is not too serious, he may have to miss Saturday but should be alright after that.

I agree that we should have got an out of contract right back in, it could still be done, but a lot of the more realistic targets have found clubs now.
    After thinking about your post a little more i think when they let crowds back we could have him back selling 50/50 tickets outside before games i'm sure many will fall for his bullshit and spin and buy some

Harris is purely a transition manager to get us away - no matter how slightly away from Warnock's style of play. He might drift with the play offs but I dont think he will ever take us up. If he can steady the ship (and budget!) for this season or so he will be gone and hopefully somone more exciting taking over

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    We certainly aren't worse than we were at this stage last season. We were lucky to have won any games at all having relied on late winners (96th and 88th minute) against Luton and Huddersfield and an own goal at home to Middlesbrough. We'd also been ripped apart by a Reading side who'd go on to finish 15th and had a calamitous start away at Wigan
    I am sure you are correct statistically. However, my thinking was our style of play is no better or arguably worse. Even at the moment we can win or draw games but the style of play is poor as many of the others on here have said.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I am sure you are correct statistically. However, my thinking was our style of play is no better or arguably worse. Even at the moment we can win or draw games but the style of play is poor as many of the others on here have said.
    We aren't worse now than we were then.

We aren't Barcelona now, but at least we're trying to move on to a more passing based game (which we are, but it will take time). We were getting poor results under Warnock and playing the same hoofball crap that dominated much of his reign

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    We aren't worse now than we were then.

We aren't Barcelona now, but at least we're trying to move on to a more passing based game (which we are, but it will take time). We were getting poor results under Warnock and playing the same hoofball crap that dominated much of his reign
    In terms of results what’s actually wrong with Hoofball?

I’m tired of all this crap about hoofball as the most boring games I’ve ever seen is ‘perfect football’ from Barca and Pep’s city.

Some of the most entertaining games I’ve ever enjoyed have been lumping into the box.

There’s a few issues with Warnock football

It’s easy to plan to defend if you have the right players
    When it doesn’t work it’s dreadful
    It’s not fashionable

If people can accept were a hoofball team and sign players on that basis it’s not an issue

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

I’m tired of all this crap about hoofball as the most boring games I’ve ever seen is ‘perfect football’ from Barca and Pep’s city.

Some of the most entertaining games I’ve ever enjoyed have been lumping into the box.

It’s not fashionable

If people can accept were a hoofball team and sign players on that basis it’s not an issue
    We'll never stay up if we play hoofball and if it goes wrong, it's bloody awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We'll never stay up if we play hoofball and if it goes wrong, it's bloody awful.
    And what we play now is any better? 🤷*♂️

I’m no advocate of hoofball but I put up with it whilst we were winning.

But THIS....🤦*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    And what we play now is any better? ��*♂️

I’m no advocate of hoofball but I put up with it whilst we were winning.

But THIS....��*♂️
    Not really but why would you want to go back to something that had run it's course and wasn't working? Hardly any of our players can play and half of the ones that can have had their confidence shot to bits. Warnock built most of the squad we have and let's be honest, it isn't a stellar one by any means. Harris' signings have been pretty good. Moore, Ojo, JOT and Wilson all improve the side.

Just why did Neil Warnock decide to sign Aden Flint, a very ordinary 30 year Championship defender, for over £4m and where was the transfer committee?

It’s the lack of serious football people at the top of the club who allowed this sort of thing to happen that is continuing to hold us back.

VT is a businessman living in Malaysia, Ken is a former hotelier who divides his week between the club and running a car dealership in London and Dalman is a merchant banker living in Monaco.

There doesn’t appear to be any strategy In place. Until the structure of the club is placed on a more professional basis and VT hires some top football people to advise him and the board then I don’t really see us going anywhere anytime soon, hope I’m wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

It’s not fashionable

As a style of play its pretty dull to watch, that's the issue

What's annoying about Warnock is when he let the shackles off we played good stuff. The start of the promotion season we played great football and blew teams away, then we reverted to lumping it long to get over the line. We were similar in the Premier League, there were a few games where we had a go at teams and looked good, only for us to revert to long ball tactics in the next game

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    Just why did Neil Warnock decide to sign Aden Flint, a very ordinary 30 year Championship defender, for over £4m and where was the transfer committee?

It’s the lack of serious football people at the top of the club who allowed this sort of thing to happen that is continuing to hold us back.

VT is a businessman living in Malaysia, Ken is a former hotelier who divides his week between the club and running a car dealership in London and Dalman is a merchant banker living in Monaco.

There doesn’t appear to be any strategy In place. Until the structure of the club is placed on a more professional basis and VT hires some top football people to advise him and the board then I don’t really see us going anywhere anytime soon, hope I’m wrong.
    I don't think you are wrong. Colin is a football man through and through. He has been around the block significantly more times than VT, MD or KC. I have no doubt that he was able to run rings around the lot of them and get his way. Colin has now gone but the same dilettantes ( in footballing terms) are still running the club. Perhaps VT's only strategy is to avoid losing any more more money on the project and establish an exit strategy ? The only big picture strategy I can bring to mind is VT's promise to convert all the debt owed to him to equity in 5 years. He made that promise in February 2016 so, in 4 months or so, that promise should be coming to fruition. Let's see if it happens.

Straight swap for Harris - yes.

I wasn't a fan of Warnock's football and thought it had run it's course here.

He has taken 17th placed finishing Middlesbrough and got 16 points from 9 games so far this season.
    Harris has taken 5th placed Cardiff and is currently in 17th place with 10 points from 9 games.

Put bluntly. Yes I would.

Warnock spent badly with the premier league budget, spent badly with the first round of parachute payments and here we are. Going back to Warnock only makes sense if we're in a relegation battle and he's needed.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Warnock spent badly with the premier league budget, spent badly with the first round of parachute payments and here we are. Going back to Warnock only makes sense if we're in a relegation battle and he's needed.
    Have you seen the table?