Thread: Who would have Warnock back?

Re: Who would have Warnock back?

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Have you seen the table?
    Earlier in this thread I said no pretty strongly but I didn't this time

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Earlier in this thread I said no pretty strongly but I didn't this time
    It is quite a feat to take a team who finished 5th and have them stuttering like we are.

I am of the thinking we are too good when looking at some of the teams down there but I wouldn't be the last to think that and for it to come and bite me on the @rse.

This thread is hilarious. Our biggest problem is that Warnock assembled a squad of incredibly limited footballers during his time here.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    This thread is hilarious. Our biggest problem is that Warnock assembled a squad of incredibly limited footballers during his time here.
    You think Harris is the man?

If so, what have you seen that suggests that?

If he isn't then the appointment is a waste of time and money surely?

You think Harris is the man?

If so, what have you seen that suggests that?

If he isn't then the appointment is a waste of time and money surely?
    I don't know if Harris is the right man, but I'd definitely stick with him instead of having Warnock back.

It is quite a feat to take a team who finished 5th and have them stuttering like we are.

I am of the thinking we are too good when looking at some of the teams down there but I wouldn't be the last to think that and for it to come and bite me on the @rse.
    But we only finished 5h because of Harris and, to be fair, Tomlin. He's taken a side that was looking like it was about to be in a relegation battle up to 5th and back in a year.

Asking for Warnock to come back is near enough the same as asking for Trollope to come back given where we were left when they exited the club.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    But we only finished 5h because of Harris and, to be fair, Tomlin. He's taken a side that was looking like it was about to be in a relegation battle up to 5th and back in a year.

Asking for Warnock to come back is near enough the same as asking for Trollope to come back given where we were left when they exited the club.
    My thinking behind it is that Warnock has more know how and experience and I would expect him to keep City up comfortably.

Harris fills me with dread as I'm not sure what he is trying to do. He hasn't settled on a starting 11, he rarely learns from mistakes, he has bought a tall, strong target man and actively got the team playing less balls and crosses into him. I think that under Harris this team could go into a tailspin and go down given that he appears to have little by way of answers and is very reactionary to what other managers do tactically.