+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harris, when are posters on here going to......

Harris, when are posters on here going to......

...wake up to the fact that he’s a budget, bottom third of the Championship type manager.

Another dire performance against a side with the worst home record in the division, only out of the relegation places on goal difference, missing their best player, and their starting goalkeeper.

Some on here keeping cutting Harris some slack, saying he’s ‘evolving’ the playing style, post Warnock.

But the football is worse. It’s boring, the team look clueless. and devoid of any fight or energy. Harris isn’t bringing the best out of this squad, and they don’t look like they’re playing for him.

Tonight, why not give Murphy half hour off the bench, up alongside Moore? Instead of persevering with the woeful Glatzel.

Didn’t even bring Murphy on, but keeps playing Glatzel!

We got battered at Northampton 3-0, and that’s set the tone for the season. We haven’t put in a single decent 90 minute performance, so far.

Contrast Harris to the excellent job Cooper’s doing at Swansea, with next to no financial resources. Over the past year they’ve sold three of their best players, yet he gets in decent loans and spends peanuts, but still has them competing.

This season they’ve lost Roden, Brewster and Gallagher, but he still has them competing near the top, in third.

Even Rowatt, with a limited Millwall squad, no money to spend, has improved them immeasurably since they canned Harris. Up to 4th.

Harris isn’t up to the job of taking this side up. If the board have any serious ambition, they should can him now, and try and entice Eddie Howe.

Howe may be out of our league and waiting for a Premier League job, if so get Jokanovic, if he’s free.

Just get rid of the Laanndaan barra boy and his clueless coaching team.

The team are going nowhere under him, the season is just slowly petering out already.

I’d sack him just for giving Tomlin a new contract, knowing he wouldn’t be fit enough to play on a regular basis.

And whilst I’m at it, can those delusional posters who keep saying Glatzel’s ‘playing well’, finally accept this guy is not a goal scoring striker.

Terrible ‘striker’, not up to this level.

Harris saying about Glatzel, ‘He’s one of the best finishers I’ve ever worked with’, tells you everything you need to know about him as a manager, and how clueless he is.

Re: Harris, when are posters on here going to......

This is a competitive Cardiff squad. Do not think he is getting anywhere near enough out of the squad.

But the football is worse. It’s boring, the team look clueless. and devoid of any fight or energy.
    Didi you actually watch us under Warnock last year in the championship?

Contrast Harris to the excellent job Cooper’s doing at Swansea, with next to no financial resources.
    Who has benefited from what was a tier one academy and his links to, annoyingly, a fantastic England youth set-up. Warnock didn't bring through any youth players and left us with little money to spend but an expensive and unbalanced squad. The only name you've mentioned there was a possible alternative is Gary Rowett. Last season Harris got a better spot in the table, this season Rowett has had a much better start.

You are Cedric Harpur and I claim my £5

At the end of his ‘coaching career’, having managed Cardiff City will unquestionably be the highlight of his CV.

Clueless manager, stealing a living at this club.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    ...wake up to the fact that he’s a budget, bottom third of the Championship type manager.

Another dire performance against a side with the worst home record in the division, only out of the relegation places on goal difference, missing their best player, and their starting goalkeeper.

Some on here keeping cutting Harris some slack, saying he’s ‘evolving’ the playing style, post Warnock.

But the football is worse. It’s boring, the team look clueless. and devoid of any fight or energy. Harris isn’t bringing the best out of this squad, and they don’t look like they’re playing for him.

Tonight, why not give Murphy half hour off the bench, up alongside Moore? Instead of persevering with the woeful Glatzel.

We got battered at Northampton 3-0, and that’s set the tone for the season. We haven’t put in a single decent 90 minute performance, so far.

Contrast Harris to the excellent job Cooper’s doing at Swansea, with next to no financial resources. Over the past year they’ve sold three of their best players, yet he gets in decent loans and spends peanuts, but still has them competing.

This season they’ve lost Roden, Brewster and Gallagher, but he still has them competing near the top, in third.

Even Rowatt, with a limited Millwall squad, no money to spend, has improved them immeasurably since they canned Harris. Up to 4th.

Harris isn’t up to the job of taking this side up. If the board have any serious ambition, they should can him now, and try and entice Eddie Howe.

Howe may be out of our league and waiting for a Premier League job, if so get Jokanovic, if he’s free.

The team are going nowhere under him, the season is just slowly petering out already.

I’d sack him just for giving Tomlin a new contract, knowing he wouldn’t be fit enough to play on a regular basis.

And whilst I’m at it, can those delusional posters who keep saying Glatzel’s ‘playing well’, finally accept this guy is not a goal scoring striker.

Harris saying about Glatzel, ‘He’s one of the best finishers I’ve ever worked with’, tells you everything you need to know about him as a manager, and how clueless he is.
    You said exactly the same last season about Harris after he took over and he made you look pretty stupid then too. PS. The season isn't over after eight games, its where you finish in May that counts and City will be above both Swansea and Millwall (your two favourite teams) by then. How anyone can hold Millwall up as a paragon of how to play football is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Didi you actually watch us under Warnock last year in the championship?

Who has benefited from what was a tier one academy and his links to, annoyingly, a fantastic England youth set-up. Warnock didn't bring through any youth players and left us with little money to spend but an expensive and unbalanced squad. The only name you've mentioned there was a possible alternative is Gary Rowett. Last season Harris got a better spot in the table, this season Rowett has had a much better start.
    Rowatt almost got a poor Millwall squad in the Playoffs, they were in 20th, when Harris was canned.

Again this season, Rowatt spent no money, outperforming us. Even though we’ve paid decent money, to bring in quality at this level in Wilson and Moore.

Plus, Harris had a far superior squad he inherited here, with more depth. We often had over £20 million of players on the bench last season.

Swansea in the Playoffs had 3/4 academy players.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You said exactly the same last season about Harris after he took over and he made you look pretty stupid then too. PS. The season isn't over after eight games, its where you finish in May that counts and City will be above both Swansea and Millwall (your two favourite teams) by then. How anyone can hold Millwall up as a paragon of how to play football is beyond me.
    It’s clearly gone over your head, but the point I’m making is teams with poorer squads and no money to spend, are performing better than us, because of decent coaches.

In comparison, Harris has been spoilt for this level, but the team is going nowhere under him.

Dross!

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    This is a competitive Cardiff squad. Do not think he is getting anywhere near enough out of the squad.
    I watched the Jacks last night and i watched City tonight.To be honest the Jacks football is on a different planet to the stuff City served up tonight.

Rowatt almost got a poor Millwall squad in the Playoffs, they were in 20th, when Harris was canned.

Again this season, Rowatt spent no money, outperforming us. Even though we’ve paid decent money, to bring in quality at this level in Wilson and Moore.

Plus, Harris had a far superior squad he inherited here, with more depth. We often had over £20 million of players on the bench last season.

Rowett didn’t get Millwall into the playoffs though. Nearly isn’t in. Harris did get us in. Rowett is a nearly man, he’s been so his entire career, and plays dire football even when he had riches at his disposal at Derby.

Swansea’s academy players are Welsh internationals, and one has just signed for Spurs for Christ’s sake. Ayew is on 90k a week and they had a 20m player in Brewster up top.

I’m not Harris’ biggest fan but they’re not very good examples.

Also re your criticism of the Tomlin contract, do me a bloody favour. We had to sign him up, it wasn’t a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Rowett didn’t get Millwall into the playoffs though. Nearly isn’t in. Harris did get us in. Rowett is a nearly man, he’s been so his entire career, and plays dire football even when he had riches at his disposal at Derby.

Swansea’s academy players are Welsh internationals, and one has just signed for Spurs for Christ’s sake. Ayew is on 90k a week and they had a 20m player in Brewster up top.

Also re your criticism of the Tomlin contract, do me a bloody favour. We had to sign him up, it wasn’t a choice.
    How come Swansea are doing so well this season then, and playing football at a level far above us?

No big money signings or stars (Ayew apart).

Why did we have to give a new contract to Tomlin?

A bloke that Harris now says has to be carefully managed for the rest of his career, to get him on the field.

At best, his contract should have been on a pay as you play basis.

Out of interest, why didn’t the club have a choice over Tomlin’s contract?

Must say I found the lack of substitutions last night baffling, especially, given the number of matches we're having to play in such a short time.

There is where you differ to most, I would suggest. The squad left by Warnock was unbalanced, older and slower than most in the championship and where technique was a secondary requirement; he had spent big fees on it so little money for improvement; and he had been reluctant to bring in youth so couldn't utilise this as part of the rebuild.

Potter could replace Hughton at Brighton because they had fantastic, and proven, talent in their youth set-up and money to spend. We weren't there.

No one is saying Harris is doing well this year, and think your comparisons to Rowett are fair ones, but preferring Warnock or wanting someone from school of Pep is bonkers.

Tomlin was fit for Harris last year and our best player. Why wouldn't you offer him a contract?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Out of interest, why didn’t the club have a choice over Tomlin’s contract?
    He was out of contract in the summer and he was our best attacking player by a country mile. They had to keep him, there would have been uproar if he walked on a free. I can’t believe this is even a debate.

How come Swansea are doing so well this season then, and playing football at a level far above us?

No big money signings or stars (Ayew apart).

Why did we have to give a new contract to Tomlin?

A bloke that Harris now says has to be carefully managed for the rest of his career, to get him on the field.

At best, his contract should have been on a pay as you play basis.
    None of our midfield can pass the ball. That’s why they play better football. Also; the league is 46 games long and we finished above the Jacks.

Apart from the Ghana international on 90k a week, that’s quite a big caveat. They’ve also got Grimes and Roberts, I don’t think you can pin the club’s failings to produce youth players on Harris; he’s the one giving Bagan a go.

He was out of contract in the summer and he was our best attacking player by a country mile. They had to keep him, there would have been uproar if he walked on a free. I can’t believe this is even a debate.
    So the club weren't forced into anything then.

Unbelievable.

Unbelievable.
    No, you are unbelievable. How on Earth could the club just let Tomlin walk after what he did last season?

He probably directly contributed to about 30 points last season.

No, you are unbelievable. How on Earth could the club just let Tomlin walk after what he did last season?

He probably directly contributed to about 30 points last season.

Unbelievable.

Unbelievable.
    If we hadnt given him a contact and performed as we did last night then there would have been uproar.

Last night was shocking. Lee Tomlin getting a contract has nothing to do with that.

Your constantly having a go. Youd probably be leading the moans of why did we let him go.

Unbelievable.
    You're a complete and utter clown. You'd have moaned if he'd walked and you're now moaning our BEST PLAYER STAYED.

It's a tricky one this...

We had 56% possession away from home last night, unthinkable under Warnock at home let alone away. Those two headers drop an inch the other side of the post and your thinking good away performance, perhaps 3 goals and the 3 points.

Instead we've drawn the game and it's a bit disappointing.

It does seem like we are keeping the ball a lot more which is deff an improvement on the 30% possession stats we got used to seeing under Warnock. I'm just not convinced we still have the players to evolve the style, especially in midfield. Ralls has been a great servant to the club but we need him to use the ball better IMO. Wilson and Ojo have been great additions, hoping over the course of the season we see their impact.

You have to say Harris finished last season very well to secure 5th. In the end unlucky not to get past Fulham. So I think he's got some credit in the bank. We are unbeaten in 5 so let's see if we can turn those draws into wins.

Comparing us to Swansea is silly at the moment, majority of our fans don't want us to play like that anyway. Their style of play has been ingrained since Martinez days, Cooper would not have had to change much there or do anything different. They have also had elite academy status for a while now, so the calibre of player they are producing is no surprise, that's one area we do need to emulate them though.

Swansea started last season like a house on fire and faded, can Reading maintain this form considering they were relegation candidates for most of last season? I think over time we'll see a levelling out and as long as we get our home form on track, we should start climbing the league....that's my hope anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Hometown Unicorn! View Post
    It's a tricky one this...

We had 56% possession away from home last night, unthinkable under Warnock at home let alone away. Those two headers drop an inch the other side of the post and your thinking good away performance, perhaps 3 goals and the 3 points.

Instead we've drawn the game and it's a bit disappointing.

It does seem like we are keeping the ball a lot more which is deff an improvement on the 30% possession stats we got used to seeing under Warnock. I'm just not convinced we still have the players to evolve the style, especially in midfield. Ralls has been a great servant to the club but we need him to use the ball better IMO. Wilson and Ojo have been great additions, hoping over the course of the season we see their impact.

You have to say Harris finished last season very well to secure 5th. In the end unlucky not to get past Fulham. So I think he's got some credit in the bank. We are unbeaten in 5 so let's see if we can turn those draws into wins.

Comparing us to Swansea is silly at the moment, majority of our fans don't want us to play like that anyway. Their style of play has been ingrained since Martinez days, Cooper would not have had to change much there or do anything different. They have also had elite academy status for a while now, so the calibre of player they are producing is no surprise, that's one area we do need to emulate them though.

Swansea started last season like a house on fire and faded, can Reading maintain this form considering they were relegation candidates for most of last season? I think over time we'll see a levelling out and as long as we get our home form on track, we should start climbing the league....that's my hope anyway!
    Good post.

Bet you were gutted when we equalised, had a whole other more negative and depressing post written out. You really are the worst kind of "fan"

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Bet you were gutted when we equalised, had a whole other more negative and depressing post written out. You really are the worst kind of "fan"
    You're best off not feeding the troll mate, its what he wants. Guys a narcissist, got multiple usernames craving attention. Best to avoid really.