47 61.04%
  • Out

23 29.87%
  • Shake It All About

7 9.09%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Harris - in or out?

Harris - in or out?

Given there's increasing feeling among City fans regarding his position, a simple poll - in or out (no LFW for the purists....)

Re: Harris - in or out?

In.

OUT!

In

But.... whilst the end to last season was almost brilliant, the start to this has been poor - performances and results. Mehmet Dalman was clear about the frustration of the Board with the start - and that was weeks ago and no corner has been turned. The pressure will build very quickly if he doesn't change that.

I think the playing style has slowly changed for the better (even if Neil Warnock and a clutch of posters on here disagree) and more youth players are getting a sniff. We are in transition. I wasn't enthused by Harris' appointment, but was mostly won round by the end of the play off second leg at Craven Cottage. This season has been bad so far - whether that is due to a hangover, difficulty changing the way the majority of the squad have been drilled for so long and asking some of them to do things they can't, or just that Harris and his coaches aren't very good. I'll go for hangover for now and keep off his back.

In

I remember reading that Harris had a really good run of form when at Millwall not just once but twice in the Championship but, because they still didn't make the play-offs, my conclusion was that there must have been chunks of the season where results were a struggle.

Last season a good run of form at the right time was enough for 5th place. We are just 5 points away from that now so it is doable, whether you want a streaky manager in the long run or not.

In. But he seriously needs to get a grip on the team and figure out what our best XI is and sharpish.

The next seven games are against teams I expect us to finish above. If we're still struggling by the time the Jacks visit in mid December, it's time to go.

In

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    In

But.... whilst the end to last season was almost brilliant, the start to this has been poor - performances and results. Mehmet Dalman was clear about the frustration of the Board with the start - and that was weeks ago and no corner has been turned. The pressure will build very quickly if he doesn't change that.

I think the playing style has slowly changed for the better (even if Neil Warnock and a clutch of posters on here disagree) and more youth players are getting a sniff. We are in transition. I wasn't enthused by Harris' appointment, but was mostly won round by the end of the play off second leg at Craven Cottage. This season has been bad so far - whether that is due to a hangover, difficulty changing the way the majority of the squad have been drilled for so long and asking some of them to do things they can't, or just that Harris and his coaches aren't very good. I'll go for hangover for now and keep off his back.
    Sorry to disagree. Did you see tonight's game? City were clueless, passionless and visionless. It was absolutely dire. This season the only time we've played anything like were the three 30 minute spells against: Sheff Wed, Bournemouth and Nottm F. Apart from that its been pretty poor. For all his faults, Tomlin got us out of jail last season.

StT.
    <><

I voted in, but I received a text and a couple of e mails after last night's game from people who are far from knee jerk merchants who were talking in terms of a change of manager and Jon is right to point out that Mehmet Dalman has said that the top six is the expectation this season. For me, this squad, although lacking balance in some areas and still not creative enough in the middle of the park, is a bit better than last season's on paper and so I wouldn't be surprised is patience is somewhat thin on the ground in the Boardroom after a way was found to give the manager a decent amount of money to spend during the transfer window.

Should never have been in. Out

Yes, lets sack a manager every time they have a bad spell (Although we are unbeaten in 4). Its worked wonders for the likes of Forest, Sheff Weds and Derby over the years.

In. Bit surprised by the number going for out.

(I've not been paying attention - when did LFW get dropped as an option? )

In. Dont want this club becoming a club that sacks a manager every 6 months. Weve got a decent squad that is hard to beat. Just cos we're not turning draws into wins, or because we're not scoring 3 goals a game is no reason to get rid.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Yes, lets sack a manager every time they have a bad spell (Although we are unbeaten in 4). Its worked wonders for the likes of Forest, Sheff Weds and Derby over the years.
    This IN give the man a change ffs

In. I think we're in a false position and things will click if we can get the first 11 on the pitch.

Heisenberg

In... But re-evaluate the position at Christmas time. If we're miles off the pace then a new manager should be brought in for the transfer window.

Still very early in the season for us to be sacking a manager, in my opinion (and I say that as someone who never wanted Harris in the first place).

In .... at the moment, but result sneed to improve dramatically. No wins at home in 4 games. he has been supported but the Club, offloading Paterson, Etheridge and Flint off the wage bill, and releasing all those players and Madine, Pelter last January. And he has been allowed to spend money on Moore, and bring in Ojo and Wilson on loan on decent wages.

The difference between how we played after the restart and now is huge. The defence is not good, but we have had two young full backs playing, and I think we need more experience in those positions, especially with Bennet and Cunningham having been injured. Right back is an issue. And midfield is non existent. All the same type of player.

And Tomlin, for all his talent, cannot be relied on. He is either injured, suspended or unfit most of the time. We need a player like him but younger and fitter, who can play week in week out. But we can't get anyone now until January unless it's a free agent , and there won't be any free agents of that quality.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    In .... at the moment, but result sneed to improve dramatically. No wins at home in 4 games. he has been supported but the Club, offloading Paterson, Etheridge and Flint off the wage bill, and releasing all those players and Madine, Pelter last January. And he has been allowed to spend money on Moore, and bring in Ojo and Wilson on loan on decent wages.

The difference between how we played after the restart and now is huge. The defence is not good, but we have had two young full backs playing, and I think we need more experience in those positions, especially with Bennet and Cunningham having been injured. Right back is an issue. And midfield is non existent. All the same type of player.

And Tomlin, for all his talent, cannot be relied on. He is either injured, suspended or unfit most of the time. We need a player like him but younger and fitter, who can play week in week out. But we can't get anyone now until January unless it's a free agent , and there won't be any free agents of that quality.
    If only we had signed Harry Wilson on loan.

Its too early in the season to be asking this question so i voted in. He has credit in the bank from last year's relative success and deserves a decent chance to build on it.

That said I must admit I will be pleased if and when he goes.I I have no faith in his ability to turn us into a footballing side that is actually enjoyable to watch.There is more of an attempt to pass the ball but the quality is abysmal and if anything its getting worse. Most fans didn't want him in the first place and if things don't improve,results wise at least, over the next 4 to six weeks he will be on very shaky ground.

Out

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    In. Bit surprised by the number going for out.

(I've not been paying attention - when did LFW get dropped as an option? )
    This alone warrants a separate thread of its own.

Apart from the brief post lockdown period we have been poor under Harris. When you look at the type of football played under Dave Jones for example you realise how imbalanced and shockingly poor this current team is. Under Warnock we were not attractive but at least we got results. Under Harris we are neither attractive nor effective. With a new manager supporters expected hoofball to end and a brand of more attractive football. But appointing Harris meant we got Warnock Mk2 without the results.

I voted "Out" with the proviso a suitable candidate could be found. And there lies the problem. Anyone thinking Eddie Howe would come to Cardiff is being unrealistic.