• Out

23 29.87%
  • Shake It All About

7 9.09%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Harris - in or out?

Re: Harris - in or out?

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Apart from the brief post lockdown period we have been poor under Harris. When you look at the type of football played under Dave Jones for example you realise how imbalanced and shockingly poor this current team is. Under Warnock we were not attractive but at least we got results. Under Harris we are neither attractive nor effective. With a new manager supporters expected hoofball to end and a brand of more attractive football. But appointing Harris meant we got Warnock Mk2 without the results.

I voted "Out" with the proviso a suitable candidate could be found. And there lies the problem. Anyone thinking Eddie Howe would come to Cardiff is being unrealistic.
    Do you not consider reaching the play-offs last season effective and getting results?

Apart from the brief post lockdown period we have been poor under Harris. When you look at the type of football played under Dave Jones for example you realise how imbalanced and shockingly poor this current team is. Under Warnock we were not attractive but at least we got results. Under Harris we are neither attractive nor effective. With a new manager supporters expected hoofball to end and a brand of more attractive football. But appointing Harris meant we got Warnock Mk2 without the results.

I voted "Out" with the proviso a suitable candidate could be found. And there lies the problem. Anyone thinking Eddie Howe would come to Cardiff is being unrealistic.
    Who in this team can play football? You can lay some blame at Harris' door for not addressing the midfield enough but none of our midfielders are footballers. Pack is static, Ralls has the legs and drive, while Bacuna can spoil but none can play. I won't single out Vaulks but he is dire at the moment. I hope we can get someone like Mowatt in January because you could have Pep in charge of this lot and they'd still be a dire watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Do you not consider reaching the play-offs last season effective and getting results?
    Of course. Read the first few words of the post you quote. Had it not been for that brief period of form we would not have got in the play offs.

In, and leave him there this year , he has introduced a better style of play . This is no ordinary season you can see that from the barmy results everywhere, it can't be easy getting a normality running through the squad .

His run at the back end of last season was fantastic, we could have won last night and that' was after a poor display , losing Wilson was huge , never mind the absence of the mysterious Tomlin .

The NML moment hasnt helped as he was a useful attacker .

What is disappointing is our normal defence skills have been disappointing , perhaps the fullback injuries haven't helped.??

I likeable of his signings , Ojo , Moore, Wilson looks like very dangerous forwards.

Its a pity the likes of Murphy can't step up and add some value to think he can't come off a bench and make an impact is incredible and suggests he has motivational and desire issues ??

Back to another talent Tomlin ,wonder what is the real issues as the managers explanations for his absence are a worry .

IN: - last night was atrocious, I now believe Harris has been shown a yellow card, there will be rumblings in the boardroom just like the forums so he needs to sort it out.

I wouldn't sack him and look for a new manager, but if someone like Eddie Howe was lined up to replace him, I'd jump at that.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Back to another talent Tomlin ,wonder what is the real issues as the managers explanations for his absence are a worry .
    He's fat, lazy, and old. If he wasn't lazy, he would have played at a higher level. You add in the age-factor, and he's probably a spent force at this level. He'll be standing in the center circle pinging the ball around and taking free kicks in tier 4 or 5 before you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    He's fat, lazy, and old. If he wasn't lazy, he would have played at a higher level. You add in the age-factor, and he's probably a spent force at this level. He'll be standing in the center circle pinging the ball around and taking free kicks in tier 4 or 5 before you know it.
    Think your right, folk rage on about him, all I see is a lad with glimpses of great close balls , good dead ball and interchangeable skills , as you point out he has no pace , cant play 90 minutes, the poor fouls and bookings smack of an unfit player not able to manage the pace of the game around him . I'm guessing the managers protective comments are a cryptic explanation of his lack of fitness not just injury ,probably in hindsight shouldn't have renewed his contract.

I hope I'm wrong and he carries us to greatness, I rather doubt it though.

In,ask again in ten games it might be different

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    In .... at the moment, but result sneed to improve dramatically. No wins at home in 4 games. he has been supported but the Club, offloading Paterson, Etheridge and Flint off the wage bill, and releasing all those players and Madine, Pelter last January. And he has been allowed to spend money on Moore, and bring in Ojo and Wilson on loan on decent wages.

The difference between how we played after the restart and now is huge. The defence is not good, but we have had two young full backs playing, and I think we need more experience in those positions, especially with Bennet and Cunningham having been injured. Right back is an issue. And midfield is non existent. All the same type of player.

And Tomlin, for all his talent, cannot be relied on. He is either injured, suspended or unfit most of the time. We need a player like him but younger and fitter, who can play week in week out. But we can't get anyone now until January unless it's a free agent , and there won't be any free agents of that quality.
    I agree and would vote in. However, Harris must gamble sooner or later. His style is still very much Warnockesque and his team selection is very defensive minded.
    I am sure the board will stick by him as long as possible as any dismissal would appear that they have little football understanding (which is quite true).
    I support Harris and the team but he would never have been my choice

I hit the 'Shake it all about' option. Not because I'm just being deliberately daft. I think Harris is doing a fairly decent job, but there are a number of things that need looking at. The coaching is obviously not up to scratch, neither is the Youth policy, purchases, even team selection. It can't be too hard to see what's amiss - so why doesn't anyone do anything about it?
    Sadly, what we lack is midfield playmakers. We have two, but neither are fit. I do find it odd that no-one else can step up to the plate, and do a job, but it seems they can't. Players these days are 'bred' to do a job - Pack is great at tackling, breaking up play, and passing the ball on - but a playmaker he is not. Similarly Ralls and Bacuna. They don't have that vision.
    Maybe once one or other of our talismans is fit, things will pick up. In the meantime, it's all about not losing.

Eddie Howe isnt going to happen.

Paul Cook is a good shout, seemed to like to produce and give youth a chance. What brand of football did Wigan play?

Cool thy jets. One cannot agree that he should depart at this early juncture in his City career. Systems need time to settle. Squad with new players need time to gel. Let it all settle and review around January, I say. Got to give the chap some time.

Of course. Read the first few words of the post you quote. Had it not been for that brief period of form we would not have got in the play offs.
    You can’t really just dismiss games we won to suit the argument. Tbf, Harris joined in November and we finished 5th.

Just wrote a bit of a war and piece reply to this only to be "timed out as my token had expired"

Anyway the crux was...

Hilarious thread, we ain't Real Madrid regarding finances to attract either top players or top managers.

Harris over achieved got us to within a whisker of the play off final and has had a bad start.
    Few great acquisitions who have shown what they can do, injuries haven't helped.

Agree with much of LOM comments above.
    NH MUST be given time and not feel like he has x number of games to be in the top x.
    Dalman give your man some support not ultimatums.

It's a big fat IN from me.

We didn't get results at the start of last season.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    We didn't get results at the start of last season.
    I said "Under Warnock ...................at least we got results". Warnock was our manager when we got promoted. Is that inaccurate? We were also relegated under Warnock but that was always going to be the case. I would only vote Harris "out" if a suitable replacement could be found but I don't think anyone suitable such as an Eddie Howe would agree to come.

For those that voted in, I’ll remind you this is a manager who....

*Called Ralls a ‘Superstar.’ (How far backwards has he gone this season).

*Said Glatzel was ‘One of the best finishers I’ve ever worked with.’ (Yet, he went out and bought a new striker and stuck Glatzel on the bench. No goals in 12, doesn’t remotely look like scoring.)

* Gave a new contract to Tomlin, then came out and said ‘He’ll have to be managed carefully for the rest of his career, to get him on the pitch.’ (Yes, he’s provided the spark on occasion. But he continually looks out of shape and isn’t a player you can rely on week in, week out).

I agree Eddie Howe is unrealistic.

But Jokanovic may not be, and I wouldn’t mind Nigel Pearson. He’d take no crap from the shirkers in this squad.

I don’t think the players have the respect for him, like they did Warnock.

And to those who voted out remember this is the manager who got a team struggling in the league to 5th , got the best out of Lee Tomlin and the best away record in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    For those that voted in, I’ll remind you this is a manager who....

*Called Ralls a ‘Superstar.’ (How far backwards has he gone this season).

*Said Glatzel was ‘One of the best finishers I’ve ever worked with.’ (Yet, he went out and bought a new striker and stuck Glatzel on the bench. No goals in 12, doesn’t remotely look like scoring.)

* Gave a new contract to Tomlin, then came out and said ‘He’ll have to be managed carefully for the rest of his career, to get him on the pitch.’ (Yes, he’s provided the spark on occasion. But he continually looks out of shape and isn’t a player you can rely on week in, week out).

I agree Eddie Howe is unrealistic.

But Jokanovic may not be, and I wouldn’t mind Nigel Pearson. He’d take no crap from the shirkers in this squad.

I don’t think the players have the respect for him, like they did Warnock.
    Warnock paid the earth for Tomlin and Glatzel and put them on very good contracts we are still suffering the aftermath of his inept signings

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Warnock paid the earth for Tomlin and Glatzel and put them on very good contracts we are still suffering the aftermath of his inept signings
    Not sure about paying the earth for Tomlin but never used him before the Harris haters saw his talent. The money that Warnock spunked away on Gary Madine would have got some managers where the owners were focused on the profit and loss account alone. Still allowed to buy Glatzel, Flint, Pack et al squandering most of the parachute payments on some kind of surreal jigsaw.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Not sure about paying the earth for Tomlin but never used him before the Harris haters saw his talent. The money that Warnock spunked away on Gary Madine would have got some managers where the owners were focused on the profit and loss account alone. Still allowed to buy Glatzel, Flint, Pack et al squandering most of the parachute payments on some kind of surreal jigsaw.
    He was signing players then never played them he's done it everywhere he's gone and he will do it at Boro if allowed..

So, what you are saying is - if we hadn't won so many games at the end of the season we wouldn't have been in the play offs. Brilliant observational skills and game analysis there.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    E

Paul Cook is a good shout, seemed to like to produce and give youth a chance. What brand of football did Wigan play?
    I thought he was a better drummer for the Sex Pistols tha he was a football manager tbh

Most of our current malaise I would attribute to Warnock moreso than Harris.
    The jury is still out on Harris, but it is way too early to be thinking about a change, especially after getting us to the playoffs last season.
    Our squad was in a mess - and sorting it out will take more than the next 2 windows too.