23 29.87%
  • Shake It All About

7 9.09%

Thread: Harris - in or out?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Harris - in or out?

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Apart from the brief post lockdown period we have been poor under Harris. When you look at the type of football played under Dave Jones for example you realise how imbalanced and shockingly poor this current team is. Under Warnock we were not attractive but at least we got results. Under Harris we are neither attractive nor effective. With a new manager supporters expected hoofball to end and a brand of more attractive football. But appointing Harris meant we got Warnock Mk2 without the results.

I voted "Out" with the proviso a suitable candidate could be found. And there lies the problem. Anyone thinking Eddie Howe would come to Cardiff is being unrealistic.
    We didn't get results at the start of last season.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    We didn't get results at the start of last season.
    I said "Under Warnock ...................at least we got results". Warnock was our manager when we got promoted. Is that inaccurate? We were also relegated under Warnock but that was always going to be the case. I would only vote Harris "out" if a suitable replacement could be found but I don't think anyone suitable such as an Eddie Howe would agree to come.

For those that voted in, I’ll remind you this is a manager who....

*Called Ralls a ‘Superstar.’ (How far backwards has he gone this season).

*Said Glatzel was ‘One of the best finishers I’ve ever worked with.’ (Yet, he went out and bought a new striker and stuck Glatzel on the bench. No goals in 12, doesn’t remotely look like scoring.)

* Gave a new contract to Tomlin, then came out and said ‘He’ll have to be managed carefully for the rest of his career, to get him on the pitch.’ (Yes, he’s provided the spark on occasion. But he continually looks out of shape and isn’t a player you can rely on week in, week out).

I agree Eddie Howe is unrealistic.

But Jokanovic may not be, and I wouldn’t mind Nigel Pearson. He’d take no crap from the shirkers in this squad.

I don’t think the players have the respect for him, like they did Warnock.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    For those that voted in, I’ll remind you this is a manager who....

*Called Ralls a ‘Superstar.’ (How far backwards has he gone this season).

*Said Glatzel was ‘One of the best finishers I’ve ever worked with.’ (Yet, he went out and bought a new striker and stuck Glatzel on the bench. No goals in 12, doesn’t remotely look like scoring.)

* Gave a new contract to Tomlin, then came out and said ‘He’ll have to be managed carefully for the rest of his career, to get him on the pitch.’ (Yes, he’s provided the spark on occasion. But he continually looks out of shape and isn’t a player you can rely on week in, week out).

I agree Eddie Howe is unrealistic.

But Jokanovic may not be, and I wouldn’t mind Nigel Pearson. He’d take no crap from the shirkers in this squad.

I don’t think the players have the respect for him, like they did Warnock.
    Warnock paid the earth for Tomlin and Glatzel and put them on very good contracts we are still suffering the aftermath of his inept signings

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Warnock paid the earth for Tomlin and Glatzel and put them on very good contracts we are still suffering the aftermath of his inept signings
    Not sure about paying the earth for Tomlin but never used him before the Harris haters saw his talent. The money that Warnock spunked away on Gary Madine would have got some managers where the owners were focused on the profit and loss account alone. Still allowed to buy Glatzel, Flint, Pack et al squandering most of the parachute payments on some kind of surreal jigsaw.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Not sure about paying the earth for Tomlin but never used him before the Harris haters saw his talent. The money that Warnock spunked away on Gary Madine would have got some managers where the owners were focused on the profit and loss account alone. Still allowed to buy Glatzel, Flint, Pack et al squandering most of the parachute payments on some kind of surreal jigsaw.
    He was signing players then never played them he's done it everywhere he's gone and he will do it at Boro if allowed..