+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Starting slowly under Harris stat

Starting slowly under Harris stat

In the league we've had 10 scoring draws since Harris took over. In 9 of them the opposition scored first. Apart from recovering a single goal deficit 7 times (if you count twice against Wigan), we've also turned around a 2 goal deficit twice and a 3 goal deficit.

There's no questioning the side's resolve and determination, but for us to be regularly starting games so poorly, something is amiss.

Re: Starting slowly under Harris stat

In 9 League & cup games this season we are goal less in the 1st half of 8 of them, we've only scored against Forest in the 1st half.

Seems like, sit back, see what they've got, wear them down, go for it in the 2nd half!

We are poor starters. Last night, we played against a reserve goalkeeper, who had been dropped for making so many mistakes, yet we didn't put him under any type of pressure, from shots or crosses.

piss poor !!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    In the league we've had 10 scoring draws since Harris took over. In 9 of them the opposition scored first. Apart from recovering a single goal deficit 7 times (if you count twice against Wigan), we've also turned around a 2 goal deficit twice and a 3 goal deficit.

There's no questioning the side's resolve and determination, but for us to be regularly starting games so poorly, something is amiss.

The problem with this strategy is that if we do concede first, which we have been doing thus far, we do not have the firepower or confidence to completely overturn the deficit. Therefore the most favourable outcome we can hope for is a draw. There will come a time soon when Harris will have to adopt a less cautious game plan. You don't have to be Einstein to work out that if we continue to accrue points at the rate we're doing, we will be nowhere near the play-off places at the end of the season.

On a more positive note, once we are at full strength I believe we will be more than capable of stringing together enough wins to enable us to climb the table.

International

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    We are poor starters. Last night, we played against a reserve goalkeeper, who had been dropped for making so many mistakes, yet we didn't put him under any type of pressure, from shots or crosses.

piss poor !!
    I heard it said the bought him for £90,000 and a freindly or something, but he was good enough to stop us.

Last season it felt like we would concede in the first 20 minutes every game.

It all most by psychological as I can't imagine the team think they are something special at counter attacking, I know we have scored a few lately but I've not had much confidence in us being able to sit out a game for a while but maybe that's because not been in many positions to do so.

A few years ago I was never worried will concede but now we just seem to be chasing shadows around our own box.

It must be a system issue as the players all appear competent.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

piss poor !!
    We did hit the post and bar from two crosses, that's the only thing we can do.