+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: FT: QPR 3 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: QPR 3 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I wasn't keen on his appointment but prepared to keep my gob shut for a bit in order to give him some time and a chance to put his stamp on the team. The biggest issue for me is performance. We don't play well and we can't keep on getting away with it, as we're seeing now. Last season we won quite a few games and the performance was shit. Tomlin papered over the cracks with some brilliance. I've had a **** full of cautious football, an unwillingness to show some creativity. We've had it for far to long. Problem is we don't have anyone at the club who understands football.
    Yep I agree with much of that.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Its difficult not to avoid criticism of the current tactics , on paper we have a decent team ,at times we can look dangerous, our defence capabilities were so strong and now its being picked off , midfield is simply not functioning, the supply route to Moore is not happening.
    Is it a decent team though? There doesn’t appear to be any technique and all the squad apart from Wilson and Tomlin are just average or below what you would expect for this division. Sorry to say but they are all overpaid less than average performers.

Re: QPR v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Unbiased commentary. "6-1 last time, 3-2 now. Take that Cardiff"
    next time it'll.be 1.5 - 4 though

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It's not good enough. **** knows what system we're trying to play. He's brought in Moore to get on the ball and bring wide players into the game and it just isn't happening. A midfield that is limited in every respect and a manager who reacts to what the other team is doing, not willing to have a go at it from the off. How are we supposed to overload the final third if we don't commit players forward? to many players lok uncomfortable on the ball, taking one touch to many etc, killing the move. It's utter shit. Harris needs to sort himself out and rapid, the worry is that he doesn't have the ability to change.
    The complete inadequacy of our midfield at this level is obvious game after game. I've watched 4 Championship teams this weekend - Coventry, Reading, Norwich and Bristol City. They're far from brilliant, but it's like watching another league. We play like an over 50's side - an over 50's side who can't control a football..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    The complete inadequacy of our midfield at this level is obvious game after game. I've watched 4 Championship teams this weekend - Coventry, Reading, Norwich and Bristol City. They're far from brilliant, but it's like watching another league. We play like an over 50's side - an over 50's side who can't control a football..
    Yup, it really is poor, rickety, uncomfortable, slow, awkward. I don't rate Vaulks, he's poor, Pack doesn't give enough ad is slow to react, Ralls is Ralls, Bacuna is good for a big mistake every couple of games and really struggles to play a fluid game, just like the rest of them.

Post match comments:

Q. It must have been a sickener after working so hard to get back into it?

Neil Harris:
    It's a kick in the proverbials, I've got to be honest.

I will be honest, as well, because a lot of our fans will be watching the game. We got what we deserved over the course of the 90 minutes.

First half was the worst I've seen during my time in charge. People might disagree but in my opinion, outfought, outrun, too many first contacts, second balls. Didn't defend the penalty area.

In the first half hour of the game, we can't keep giving teams head-starts.

I praise my players in the second half, outstanding. It might be two penalty kicks we scored but we deserved more, we bossed the game, much better and we looked a real threat.

People will watch that goal [from Ball] and say 'Oh, what a goal, a goal worthy of winning any game' and it was, but it sums us up.

Yes he has a lot to do, he sticks it in the top corner from 30 yards, fair play to him, but it's not acceptable.

I'm gutted tonight, I've got to be honest.

Q. A positive you can take is that you came back so well?

NH:
    I can look at the positives and talk about the positives over the last X amount of games and how many times we've come from behind.

But I don't want to keep going on about that.

I'm here to win games of football as Cardiff City manager and I expect my players to be the same, I expect the same mentality.

Why are we not getting it at the moment? That's what I've got to look into. Why have we not been the same this season?

I keep sugar-coating it but we've got to be better.

Yeah, I can praise my players for the second half and my disappointment at the winning goal but ultimately I want to win.

Q. A case of picking the players up now. Can they bounce back?

NH:
    They've got to bounce back, that's their jobs.

It's their jobs to be in the team. It's their jobs to perform. What's asked of them, their duties, what me and my staff work 18-hour days for, to make them better.

It's their jobs to represent this football club to the best of their ability and at the moment they're not doing it.

If they're not going to do it, they're not going to be in my team and I will pick a team accordingly for Barnsley on Tuesday night to win the game.

Q. Harry Wilson, confident he will play against Barnsley?

NH:
    Yeah, we hope to have more attacking players available. Great to see Lee Tomlin get 28, 29 minutes of football today and we saw his quality at times.

We also saw moments where he is just that half a yard off, but he will get there.

We want Harry Wilson back as soon as possible and Robert Glatzel, who was unwell today.

To have those three players available makes a massive difference to us and changes the way I want to play football and set the team up.

Q. What do you say to your players at half-time after that?

NH:
    I can't repeat that here. Not until the watershed.

I left them in no uncertain terms where they are falling short, who is falling short and what I expect moving forward.

You can tell from the tone of my voice, I am never this angry talking to you guys [the media] after a game.

I said in my interview on my first day I took the job, at Hensol Castle, and I said it after the play-off semi-final, I've come here to be successful and win games of football.

If my players don't want to do that then they don't play. It's as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Post match comments:

Neil Harris:

I will be honest, as well, because a lot of our fans will be watching the game. We got what we deserved over the course of the 90 minutes.

First half was the worst I've seen during my time in charge. People might disagree but in my opinion, outfought, outrun, too many first contacts, second balls. Didn't defend the penalty area.

I praise my players in the second half, outstanding. It might be two penalty kicks we scored but we deserved more, we bossed the game, much better and we looked a real threat.

People will watch that goal [from Ball] and say 'Oh, what a goal, a goal worthy of winning any game' and it was, but it sums us up.

Yes he has a lot to do, he sticks it in the top corner from 30 yards, fair play to him, but it's not acceptable.

NH:
    I can look at the positives and talk about the positives over the last X amount of games and how many times we've come from behind.

I'm here to win games of football as Cardiff City manager and I expect my players to be the same, I expect the same mentality.

Why are we not getting it at the moment? That's what I've got to look into. Why have we not been the same this season?

Yeah, I can praise my players for the second half and my disappointment at the winning goal but ultimately I want to win.

NH:

It's their jobs to be in the team. It's their jobs to perform. What's asked of them, their duties, what me and my staff work 18-hour days for, to make them better.

It's their jobs to represent this football club to the best of their ability and at the moment they're not doing it.

If they're not going to do it, they're not going to be in my team and I will pick a team accordingly for Barnsley on Tuesday night to win the game.

NH:
    Yeah, we hope to have more attacking players available. Great to see Lee Tomlin get 28, 29 minutes of football today and we saw his quality at times.

We also saw moments where he is just that half a yard off, but he will get there.

We want Harry Wilson back as soon as possible and Robert Glatzel, who was unwell today.

To have those three players available makes a massive difference to us and changes the way I want to play football and set the team up.

NH:

I left them in no uncertain terms where they are falling short, who is falling short and what I expect moving forward.

You can tell from the tone of my voice, I am never this angry talking to you guys [the media] after a game.

I said in my interview on my first day I took the job, at Hensol Castle, and I said it after the play-off semi-final, I've come here to be successful and win games of football.

If my players don't want to do that then they don't play. It's as simple as that.
    Sounds like a man under big pressure. I expect Tan will give him a bollocking tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Post match comments:

Neil Harris:

NH:

NH:

NH:

NH:

At least he's being honest about the performance.

1st bit of honesty ive heard... telling it like it is like the fans do

if it was shocking admit it and say so

players on field having little words and spats too never a good sign...

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Bluebird 23 has just fired up the laptop.
    Quality! 😂

2020-10-31-qpr-cardiff.jpg

our underlying numbers aren't that bad.

we will come good

I liked his attitude post-match. The "I'm ever so proud of t'lads" treatment from Neil Warnock never sat well with me.

Neil Harris on times seems too much of a nice bloke to be a football manager, at least in public.

30 yards?