Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
Sir Kier is a brave man suspending a former leader of the Labour Party , few more buried inside the party sadly .

Even after this morniing published report Corbyn couldn't just say sorry, just launched into blame culture , not really leadership standards.

To think the (EHRC) admirably created by Labour in 2010 deliveres a damming verdict on its own behaviour , they even find his own office culpable in interference, sadly Corbyn and his like hung around far too long and helped deliver a Boris victory.

Let's hope Sir Kier steers the party to a better future , Labour is better than this .
I tend to agree with you but for probably different reasons. I thought and think it astounding that the upper echelons of the Labour Party allowed a tag of racism/anti-semitism to stick and, judging by today's report, take political steps to ensure that it wasn't shaken off.

Regardless of the rights and wrongs this is inept politics. I am not sure how many votes walking on the highwire of being anti-zionist won but it definitely was not as many as being portrayed as anti-semetic lost. How many previous Labour voters could give a shit but saw this as introspective indulgence is anyone's guess.

Whether Jeremy was wronged after his statement it takes him back into his comfort zone as rebel and martyr regardless of political cost which I am sure play out in the coming weeks and months.