+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Labour party suspend Jeremy Corbyn

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Labour party suspend Jeremy Corbyn

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    The left of centre void? Really? Placing Boris as a centrist......
    Blair taught the modern day Tories how to min an election and stay in power, Maybe Not Centrist (which is almost always right wing, like Independants) But certainly not to the right of previous tory administrations.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Blair taught the modern day Tories how to min an election and stay in power, Maybe Not Centrist (which is almost always right wing, like Independants) But certainly not to the right of previous tory administrations.
    I would argue this current adminstration has moved quite a bit to the right. It has placated UKIP and Brexit Party members, most of whom were further right than usual Tory governments and are trying to control as much as they possibly can.

There is a centre ground in politics for the taking. Unfortunately, anything left of that is becoming marginalised. I find this strange, as left wing policies are often winners. Take the free school meals/Rashford thing for example. I find it strange that the political left are now being ridiculed, often by people who support left wing policies. It doesn't take a genius to work out why.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I would argue this current adminstration has moved quite a bit to the right. It has placated UKIP and Brexit Party members, most of whom were further right than usual Tory governments and are trying to control as much as they possibly can.

There is a centre ground in politics for the taking. Unfortunately, anything left of that is becoming marginalised. I find this strange, as left wing policies are often winners. Take the free school meals/Rashford thing for example. I find it strange that the political left are now being ridiculed, often by people who support left wing policies. It doesn't take a genius to work out why.
    In hindsight, i agree with you about Boris and his chums. Certainly the case under Cameron though, he tried a soft Tory line, trying to emulate Blair.