+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anyone else considering not going back?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Anyone else considering not going back?

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    I think, as an escapee to Pembrokeshire of over 30 years I have to have my say.
    The place is not boring. Certainly you have to adjust to a new way of doing things but I can honestly say I've never been bored.
    I've missed little from Cardiff, apart from not being able to get to the football regularly and the occasional bit of culture at Chapter.
    I agree about the people though. The friends I've made, have pretty all been escapees as well. It is quite difficult to get close to the 'locals' who certainly have a different mindset to City dwellers.
    Having said all that, if your circumstances allow, go for it. You can always go back if you dont like it. W Wales is hardly the other side of the world.
    One thing I found when me and my wife lived there for a year about 13 years ago was that almost instantly, everyone knew us and where we lived despite never noticing them before! Whereas here, I’m not sure who lives 10 houses up the street....
    Might be a bit OTT to say I find it boring as I’ve always plenty to do down there, I could spend years in the garden for starters, but it’s just not for me. I like to mix the busy with a bit of quiet so to escape every few months is perfect.
    Another thing for the OP, quite a few people are thinking of moving west as they believe they will always be working from home now so want a nicer space, prices have already risen in places like Nabarth (an hour ish from Cardiff) and I’m sure they will continue to farther west. You can get quite a lot for your Cardiff house out west too, detached, gardens and sea views for under 450k

Re: Anyone else considering not going back?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    One thing I found when me and my wife lived there for a year about 13 years ago was that almost instantly, everyone knew us and where we lived despite never noticing them before! Whereas here, I’m not sure who lives 10 houses up the street....
    Might be a bit OTT to say I find it boring as I’ve always plenty to do down there, I could spend years in the garden for starters, but it’s just not for me. I like to mix the busy with a bit of quiet so to escape every few months is perfect.
    Another thing for the OP, quite a few people are thinking of moving west as they believe they will always be working from home now so want a nicer space, prices have already risen in places like Nabarth (an hour ish from Cardiff) and I’m sure they will continue to farther west. You can get quite a lot for your Cardiff house out west too, detached, gardens and sea views for under 450k
    In a private helicopter maybe!