+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone else considering not going back?

Re: Anyone else considering not going back?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I don't play anymore, wouldn't mind having a go at 5 aside in one of those power league things though. My legs have gone, i can't put my foot through a ball like i once could.
    you thought of coaching ? ? ? ?

you would have had the technical skill to pass on ( i was just a non-nonsense CB when i played ) , i am really enjoying coaching

Each to their own but it's a bit ironic that a proportion of City fans won't be going back to watching City after a year or more of not being able to attend any sporting events whatsoever. For my part, I will appreciate sport and music events more than ever. Physical or mental decline may rob us of such pleasures one day in the future (and death won't help) so best make the most of it when the gates open again, says I.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    This forced break we’ve encountered from attending games and other restrictions we’ve faced, has really made me take stock of my life and make some decisions. 60 in 3 yrs time, and after ‘going down the City’ since i was 11, and travelling to many away games, I’ve decided to throw in the towel.
    Thinking of coinciding retirement, with moving away from Cardiff and spending my autumn yrs in a cottage on the coast somewhere in west Wales.
    Kids grown up and away from the nest, coupled with the reality of how life can be snuffed out in a heartbeat, along with the reality of what a pandemic can do, has made my wife and i re-evaluate almost everything.
    I was messaging a mate a couple of nights ago during the Barnsley game, and he made a comment which was "imagine when that first goal goes in after this", and I pretty much came back to the fact I would desperately miss that feeling, despite being (like many) a little underwhelmed by it all since March. It'll be back, as will Wales away, let the good times roll!

Quote Originally Posted by SBF1 View Post
    To be honest, I doubt this season will be finished.
    I also doubt football will ever be the same again.
    It's going to be a long time before we get big crowds back.
    This pandemic is going to get a lot worse before it gets better.
    I bet you're fun at parties

Due to family reasons I'd decided not to renew anyway before the pandemic hit, so maybe I'm not missing it as much as others are.
    I'm in no mad rush to get into the stadium when it reopens but will pick and choose the odd game when I'm able to.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    As some have alluded to, I think I have gone off City because of a combination of things...

1. The move to CCS. Ninian Park, despite being a shit hole, had bags more character and added loads as a backdrop to "the match day experience". Smells, noise. Very nostalgic.

2. Tan. The red thing. I know that Sam left us in the shit, but despite Tan's efforts in putting the club back on track financially, he seems to be in it for himself. SH, despite being wreck-less, did seem to be in it for the common good. That's just my impression.

3. The on-field "project". A number of managers that have played dull football with no view to a future. Very few Welsh or local players. No youngsters in the side.

.... I can honestly say that with the pandemic I have gone one/two/three games without knowing what the results had been. First time that has happened for many years.
    Sam Hammam, in it for the common good !! You are joking right ? The man who refused to leave on his final day unless he was given £300000 out of club funds. The man who saddled us with a massive debt from a ‘hidden’ loan company that he owned. The man who wanted to relocate us to Dublin. And Tan - in it for himself - the man who has converted over £100m of his debt onto equity and bankrolled the club to the tune of £3.5m a month for the last 8 months.

This thread just proves to me that there are a number of people who regularly post on this board who are not actually City fans at all.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Sam Hammam, in it for the common good !! You are joking right ? The man who refused to leave on his final day unless he was given £300000 out of club funds. The man who saddled us with a massive debt from a ‘hidden’ loan company that he owned. The man who wanted to relocate us to Dublin. And Tan - in it for himself - the man who has converted over £100m of his debt onto equity and bankrolled the club to the tune of £3.5m a month for the last 8 months.
    Idon't think that Hammam wanted to relocate us to Dublin, that was the other club he tucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    One thing I found when me and my wife lived there for a year about 13 years ago was that almost instantly, everyone knew us and where we lived despite never noticing them before! Whereas here, I’m not sure who lives 10 houses up the street....
    Might be a bit OTT to say I find it boring as I’ve always plenty to do down there, I could spend years in the garden for starters, but it’s just not for me. I like to mix the busy with a bit of quiet so to escape every few months is perfect.
    Another thing for the OP, quite a few people are thinking of moving west as they believe they will always be working from home now so want a nicer space, prices have already risen in places like Nabarth (an hour ish from Cardiff) and I’m sure they will continue to farther west. You can get quite a lot for your Cardiff house out west too, detached, gardens and sea views for under 450k
    In a private helicopter maybe!

This thread just proves to me that there are a number of people who regularly post on this board who are not actually City fans at all.
    Wrong again as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Idon't think that Hammam wanted to relocate us to Dublin, that was the other club he tucked up.
    Oh yes he did

Rubbish. In my youth when I had no responsibilities1998-2010 I'd go home and away religiously. I had nothing else in my life and the thought of not going down the City was impossible. I laughed at older guys saying it would change.

I'm now 40, Ninian Park is no longer there, my mates don't go anymore, I don't drink anymore, the rebrand eroded a lot of my faith in my fellow fans, football no longer has that "edge" that I once really enjoyed.

Blind faith gets you nowhere, this isn't the Cardiff City I fell in love with 24 years ago, it's not just about the 11 players on the pitch, it's much more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Oh yes he did
    I thought he wanted to relocate Wimbledon to either Dublin or Cardiff.

When the story was mooted I remember clearly some groups of City supporters and individuals suggesting Hammam could be expecting a word in his ear.

Funnily enough some of those same people were blowing smoke up his arse a few years later and he was blowing it up theirs

Seems I’m in a minority but looking forward to getting back to the games once it’s all properly back with no restrictions, whenever that is. The first Wales away back will be great as well.

I think if we’re doing well and the world is back to normal, the vast majority will return and it won’t take long to get hooked again if we’re doing well.