Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
Quite right, although it's fair to say in the case of Keir Starmer being harrassed/attacked, the loopers carrying out the harrassment/attack were stoked up with lies that were stated by the country's PM only days before.

Unless of course, I've missed Starmer, Raynor or anyone else suggesting Gove covered for paedophiles in a previous parliamentary questions session and that was the reason he was attacked? If so, I'll stand corrected.
I think that's the point though; they weren't. If you listen to the video, they are shouting abuse at him for a variety of things; not challenging the government, supporting masks etc. It's a real political stew of consipiracy theorists and the far left and far right. The 'Jimmy Savile' thing has been thrown at Starmer for many years. I agree, the PM shouldn't have gone there, but that's where politics is at the moment, unfortunately, and whilst he may add to it and should know better, he didn't create this culture.

I genuinely find it repulsive how people talk about politicians. I find some of the comments on here repulsive, I find many of them on twitter repulsive, and I find a lot of them in parliament itself repulsive. Politicians are getting targeted all the time, and one was stabbed to death a few months ago.

But claiming that the group that verbally abused Starmer were only there cos of what Johnson said was borderline Orwellian and some seriously bad reporting from the BBC. It just wasn't true. This was an established group saying the same nasty shit they have to many politicians for many months.

I think Johnson should resign, but twisting the truth on what happened isn't the way to get it to happen.