+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mike Bassett: England Prime Minister

Mike Bassett: England Prime Minister

Re: Mike Bassett: England Prime Minister

I see that renowned polymath Nadine Dorries has said tonight that no one could have predicted the need for the English lockdown. I think she needs to get back to eating grubs in the jungle.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I see that renowned polymath Nadine Dorries has said tonight that no one could have predicted the need for the English lockdown. I think she needs to get back to eating grubs in the jungle.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AndyBurnh...88521329295360

I see some Tory MPs who were accusing Starmer and Burnham of playing party politics a few weeks ago are now accusing those who are pointing out that the Government is now doing what they wanted and more, of, wait for it, playing party politics . Can't they see how ridiculous comments like that make them look?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I see some Tory MPs who were accusing Starmer and Burnham of playing party politics a few weeks ago are now accusing those who are pointing out that the Government is now doing what they wanted and more, of, wait for it, playing party politics . Can't they see how ridiculous comments like that make them look?
    I notice Ian Duncan Smith has complained today that Johnson was wrong to have imposed the lockdown and should "stop listening to the advice of scientists". If this hadn't come out of the mouth of a Brexiteer I would wonder if we're living in some fantasy universe.

I notice Ian Duncan Smith has complained today that Johnson was wrong to have imposed the lockdown and should "stop listening to the advice of scientists". If this hadn't come out of the mouth of a Brexiteer I would wonder if we're living in some fantasy universe.
    I thought they had stopped listening to the advice of scientists. What other explanation for the "virus is much more malignant than anyone could have predicted" line doing the rounds as a pathetic excuse for their actions and inactions could there be?

With friends like this.........................

https://www.the-tls.co.uk/articles/b...-rory-stewart/

With friends like this.........................

https://www.the-tls.co.uk/articles/b...-rory-stewart/
    Well worth the read. Thanks for the link.

https://twitter.com/TVietor08/status...851828230?s=19

a former Obama spokesman there not pulling his punches

I see they've u turned on free school meals now - the right decision, but why get to a position where their MPs were forced into having to vote against it a few weeks earlier? Sheer ineptitude.

I see they've u turned on free school meals now - the right decision, but why get to a position where their MPs were forced into having to vote against it a few weeks earlier? Sheer ineptitude.
    I think Boris has a stubborn streak as well. He will change direction but on his own terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    https://twitter.com/TVietor08/status...851828230?s=19

a former Obama spokesman there not pulling his punches
    On the other hand Senator Chris Coons a close friend of Joe Biden and tipped as a possible future Secretary of State has said that the links between the UK and USA are "significant and enduring" and that the Democratic Party do not see Boris as "Britain's Trump".

Yes Boris has made some unfortunate remarks but Biden is known as a pragmatist. Britain is chairing the G7 and the Climate Change conference next year the two countries will have to work together.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    On the other hand Senator Chris Coons a close friend of Joe Biden and tipped as a possible future Secretary of State has said that the links between the UK and USA are "significant and enduring" and that the Democratic Party do not see Boris as "Britain's Trump".

Yes Boris has made some unfortunate remarks but Biden is known as a pragmatist. Britain is chairing the G7 and the Climate Change conference next year the two countries will have to work together.
    I hope Boris doesn't address him by his surname.

I don't think that a Biden Presidency compared with a Trump Presidency will make a great deal of difference to the level of exploitation that the US will make of the UK's fragile negotiating position now it is outside the EU. Just less photo opportunities for the likes of Nigel Farage.

Rumours that Biden will make Obama the ambassador to the UK. Now that would be fun...

This is brilliant, especially the bit about Clouseau

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-rudy-giuliani

This is brilliant, especially the bit about Clouseau

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-rudy-giuliani
    Fairly amusing but scarcely brilliant, but we all have different points of view.

I see tonight that despite the faux pas over the tweet, we were still the second country Biden called after Trudeau.

before Macron or Merkel

To be honest I am not sure whether it means anything (although LBC seemed to think that the order the President Elect's first calls are made is important, Theresa May was ninth in line for Trump 4 years ago).

However Macron was apparently 3rd in line followed by Merkel and you can bet your bottom dollar that if Biden had called them first there would have been some on here sneering that the fact they had come first showed that he valued them more than our leader!

I hope Boris doesn't address him by his surname.
    "Yo Biden" you mean!

Fairly amusing but scarcely brilliant, but we all have different points of view.

I see tonight that despite the faux pas over the tweet, we were still the second country Biden called after Trudeau.

before Macron or Merkel

To be honest I am not sure whether it means anything (although LBC seemed to think that the order the President Elect's first calls are made is important, Theresa May was ninth in line for Trump 4 years ago).

However Macron was apparently 3rd in line followed by Merkel and you can bet your bottom dollar that if Biden had called them first there would have been some on here sneering that the fact they had come first showed that he valued them more than our leader!
    it's brilliant because it captures exactly the ludicrous "we meant it all along" attitude of people who see admitting to a mistake as a sign of weakness - Gluey was always at it on here.

This Government has possibly set a record for the highest number of u turns made by any administration in the first year of its existence, but I'm struggling to think of an example where they've admitted to being wrong with their initial policy.

On a personal level, I was later told by the Chairwoman of a promotion board that I passed that the moment all three people interviewing me decided to recommend me for promotion was when I stopped in mid answer and said "on hang on, I'm wrong there, what I should have said was............".

Any person or organisation who cannot see that ploughing on regardless rather than admitting to being wrong and correcting yourself can often make them look foolish is not worthy of the respect which they clearly crave in my book.

As for that altered tweet, the whole point about it as I see it is more about why not just put together a new one? It would have cost little in terms of money and time and immediately overcome any possible embarrassment and/or loss of face.

On the day when the most sympathetic Covid deaths figure for the UK passed 50,000 (the first European country to reach that figure), the Governing party is in turmoil, not because of the virus or the economic consequences of it, but because of the sort of internal wrangling which has dictated politics in this country for getting on for ten years.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54907188

On the day when the most sympathetic Covid deaths figure for the UK passed 50,000 (the first European country to reach that figure), the Governing party is in turmoil, not because of the virus or the economic consequences of it, but because of the sort of internal wrangling which has dictated politics in this country for getting on for ten years.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54907188

Carrie Symonds for PM???????

Carrie Symonds for PM???????
    Well, you get the feeling it's either her or Dominic Cummings and the Westminster village gossip is that he'll be gone once Brexit is sorted, mind you, that could mean he's got a job for life.

Well, you get the feeling it's either her or Dominic Cummings and the Westminster village gossip is that he'll be gone once Brexit is sorted, mind you, that could mean he's got a job for life.
    By Bye Dominic according to today's press reports.

How long until the tory party find Carrie a seat and make her PM!!!

Mind you seems like she will soon be de facto PM anyway!