+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 56

Thread: Mike Bassett: England Prime Minister

  1. #1

    Mike Bassett: England Prime Minister


  2. #2

    Re: Mike Bassett: England Prime Minister

    I see that renowned polymath Nadine Dorries has said tonight that no one could have predicted the need for the English lockdown. I think she needs to get back to eating grubs in the jungle.

  3. #3

    Re: Mike Bassett: England Prime Minister

    Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I see that renowned polymath Nadine Dorries has said tonight that no one could have predicted the need for the English lockdown. I think she needs to get back to eating grubs in the jungle.

    https://mobile.twitter.com/AndyBurnh...88521329295360

  4. #4

    Re: Mike Bassett: England Prime Minister

    I see some Tory MPs who were accusing Starmer and Burnham of playing party politics a few weeks ago are now accusing those who are pointing out that the Government is now doing what they wanted and more, of, wait for it, playing party politics . Can't they see how ridiculous comments like that make them look?

  5. #5

    Re: Mike Bassett: England Prime Minister

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I see some Tory MPs who were accusing Starmer and Burnham of playing party politics a few weeks ago are now accusing those who are pointing out that the Government is now doing what they wanted and more, of, wait for it, playing party politics . Can't they see how ridiculous comments like that make them look?
    I notice Ian Duncan Smith has complained today that Johnson was wrong to have imposed the lockdown and should "stop listening to the advice of scientists". If this hadn't come out of the mouth of a Brexiteer I would wonder if we're living in some fantasy universe.

  6. #6

    Re: Mike Bassett: England Prime Minister

    Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I notice Ian Duncan Smith has complained today that Johnson was wrong to have imposed the lockdown and should "stop listening to the advice of scientists". If this hadn't come out of the mouth of a Brexiteer I would wonder if we're living in some fantasy universe.
    I thought they had stopped listening to the advice of scientists. What other explanation for the "virus is much more malignant than anyone could have predicted" line doing the rounds as a pathetic excuse for their actions and inactions could there be?

  7. #7

  8. #8

    Re: Mike Bassett: England Prime Minister

    With friends like this.........................

    https://www.the-tls.co.uk/articles/b...-rory-stewart/

  9. #9
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    11,146

    Re: Mike Bassett: England Prime Minister

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    With friends like this.........................

    https://www.the-tls.co.uk/articles/b...-rory-stewart/
    Well worth the read. Thanks for the link.

  10. #10

    Re: Mike Bassett: England Prime Minister

    https://twitter.com/TVietor08/status...851828230?s=19

    a former Obama spokesman there not pulling his punches

  11. #11

    Re: Mike Bassett: England Prime Minister

    I see they've u turned on free school meals now - the right decision, but why get to a position where their MPs were forced into having to vote against it a few weeks earlier? Sheer ineptitude.

  12. #12

    Re: Mike Bassett: England Prime Minister

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I see they've u turned on free school meals now - the right decision, but why get to a position where their MPs were forced into having to vote against it a few weeks earlier? Sheer ineptitude.
    I think Boris has a stubborn streak as well. He will change direction but on his own terms.

  13. #13

    Re: Mike Bassett: England Prime Minister

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    https://twitter.com/TVietor08/status...851828230?s=19

    a former Obama spokesman there not pulling his punches
    On the other hand Senator Chris Coons a close friend of Joe Biden and tipped as a possible future Secretary of State has said that the links between the UK and USA are "significant and enduring" and that the Democratic Party do not see Boris as "Britain's Trump".

    Yes Boris has made some unfortunate remarks but Biden is known as a pragmatist. Britain is chairing the G7 and the Climate Change conference next year the two countries will have to work together.

  14. #14

    Re: Mike Bassett: England Prime Minister

    Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    On the other hand Senator Chris Coons a close friend of Joe Biden and tipped as a possible future Secretary of State has said that the links between the UK and USA are "significant and enduring" and that the Democratic Party do not see Boris as "Britain's Trump".

    Yes Boris has made some unfortunate remarks but Biden is known as a pragmatist. Britain is chairing the G7 and the Climate Change conference next year the two countries will have to work together.
    I hope Boris doesn't address him by his surname.

  15. #15

    Re: Mike Bassett: England Prime Minister

    Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    On the other hand Senator Chris Coons a close friend of Joe Biden and tipped as a possible future Secretary of State has said that the links between the UK and USA are "significant and enduring" and that the Democratic Party do not see Boris as "Britain's Trump".

    Yes Boris has made some unfortunate remarks but Biden is known as a pragmatist. Britain is chairing the G7 and the Climate Change conference next year the two countries will have to work together.
    I don't think that a Biden Presidency compared with a Trump Presidency will make a great deal of difference to the level of exploitation that the US will make of the UK's fragile negotiating position now it is outside the EU. Just less photo opportunities for the likes of Nigel Farage.

  16. #16

    Re: Mike Bassett: England Prime Minister

    Rumours that Biden will make Obama the ambassador to the UK. Now that would be fun...

  17. #17

    Re: Mike Bassett: England Prime Minister


  18. #18

    Re: Mike Bassett: England Prime Minister

    This is brilliant, especially the bit about Clouseau

    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-rudy-giuliani

  19. #19

    Re: Mike Bassett: England Prime Minister

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    This is brilliant, especially the bit about Clouseau

    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-rudy-giuliani
    Fairly amusing but scarcely brilliant, but we all have different points of view.


    I see tonight that despite the faux pas over the tweet, we were still the second country Biden called after Trudeau.

    before Macron or Merkel

    To be honest I am not sure whether it means anything (although LBC seemed to think that the order the President Elect's first calls are made is important, Theresa May was ninth in line for Trump 4 years ago).

    However Macron was apparently 3rd in line followed by Merkel and you can bet your bottom dollar that if Biden had called them first there would have been some on here sneering that the fact they had come first showed that he valued them more than our leader!

  20. #20

    Re: Mike Bassett: England Prime Minister

    Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I hope Boris doesn't address him by his surname.
    "Yo Biden" you mean!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •