Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
Fairly amusing but scarcely brilliant, but we all have different points of view.

I see tonight that despite the faux pas over the tweet, we were still the second country Biden called after Trudeau.

before Macron or Merkel

To be honest I am not sure whether it means anything (although LBC seemed to think that the order the President Elect's first calls are made is important, Theresa May was ninth in line for Trump 4 years ago).

However Macron was apparently 3rd in line followed by Merkel and you can bet your bottom dollar that if Biden had called them first there would have been some on here sneering that the fact they had come first showed that he valued them more than our leader!
it's brilliant because it captures exactly the ludicrous "we meant it all along" attitude of people who see admitting to a mistake as a sign of weakness - Gluey was always at it on here.

This Government has possibly set a record for the highest number of u turns made by any administration in the first year of its existence, but I'm struggling to think of an example where they've admitted to being wrong with their initial policy.

On a personal level, I was later told by the Chairwoman of a promotion board that I passed that the moment all three people interviewing me decided to recommend me for promotion was when I stopped in mid answer and said "on hang on, I'm wrong there, what I should have said was............".

Any person or organisation who cannot see that ploughing on regardless rather than admitting to being wrong and correcting yourself can often make them look foolish is not worthy of the respect which they clearly crave in my book.

As for that altered tweet, the whole point about it as I see it is more about why not just put together a new one? It would have cost little in terms of money and time and immediately overcome any possible embarrassment and/or loss of face.