+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Taxi for Harris.

Re: Taxi for Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    How's it going Bobby!

My guess is if we lose our next game you will be back having a moan , if we win you keep quiet

Hopefully we keep winning
    We all want to keep winning.

We don’t all line up behind every manager like complete morons.

That is the difference. Not that you’ll every understand. 😂😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    We all want to keep winning.

We don’t all line up behind every manager like complete morons.

That is the difference. Not that you’ll every understand. 😂😂😂😂
    You want him gone ASAP and that means the team needs to lose

Thats not a supporter

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    You want him gone ASAP and that means the team needs to lose

Thats not a supporter
    I geniunely get the feeling that you miss the point with all of this.

If a manager produces a winning side, fans are behind him. We might discuss things that aren't quite right, but isn't that what football fans do? I don't know many fellow City fans who don't discuss things about the team, the players etc. It's a big part of our lives. We all have our opinions and thoughts.

When results don't go our way and things keep going wrong, fans look for answers, they evaluate the situation and so on.

If Harris wins automatic promotion this season, every single City fan will be singing his name. If we remain in the bottom half, having already just missed out on a playoff final and supposedly strengthened the squad, questions will be asked as to whether the manager is the right person for the job. That doesn't mean fans aren't behind the club. I've known donkey's old season ticket holders wanting managers to be sacked because they didn't think the boss was up to the job. They still pay their money every year without fail, still turn up without fail, still want the club to do well, still spend well at the ground, the club shop etc. Try telling them they're not supporters.

It's entirely possible to have the opinion that a manager isn't particularly good but want the team to do well. In fact, it's because of a desire to see the team do well that often swings that opinion, especially if the opinion is that the team is underachieving in a big way.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

If a manager produces a winning side, fans are behind him. We might discuss things that aren't quite right, but isn't that what football fans do? I don't know many fellow City fans who don't discuss things about the team, the players etc. It's a big part of our lives. We all have our opinions and thoughts.

When results don't go our way and things keep going wrong, fans look for answers, they evaluate the situation and so on.

If Harris wins automatic promotion this season, every single City fan will be singing his name. If we remain in the bottom half, having already just missed out on a playoff final and supposedly strengthened the squad, questions will be asked as to whether the manager is the right person for the job. That doesn't mean fans aren't behind the club. I've known donkey's old season ticket holders wanting managers to be sacked because they didn't think the boss was up to the job. They still pay their money every year without fail, still turn up without fail, still want the club to do well, still spend well at the ground, the club shop etc. Try telling them they're not supporters.

It's entirely possible to have the opinion that a manager isn't particularly good but want the team to do well. In fact, it's because of a desire to see the team do well that often swings that opinion, especially if the opinion is that the team is underachieving in a big way.
    This. Obviously.

The club comes first. The manager and players are just pieces. There are plenty of players in the team that I admire and respect, but if they were all gone tomorrow and replaced by better players, I'd have no problem. Same with the manager.

I am not missing anything . There is a difference between having a moan from time to time or suggesting manager a or manager b is using the wrong tactics and the continual , non stop belittling of individual players and the manager . Some people have their fingers ready at the computer keyboard , waiting to pounce .

We have several on here .

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    This. Obviously.

The club comes first. The manager and players are just pieces. There are plenty of players in the team that I admire and respect, but if they were all gone tomorrow and replaced by better players, I'd have no problem. Same with the manager.
    I think criticism or opinions about players and managers has always gone on . Long before the days of the Internet fans would have a go at the manager or the centre back .

But as in the past certain individuals make a career out of it . Endless negativity, day in day out . And when we win a few games they shuffle back into cyberspace.

Your right I wanted Dave Jones gone long before he went. I still wanted him to prove me wrong though and be successful.

Bobby though hasnt even given Harris a chance. Was having a go at him even when he took over a team with a style of play driven into them by the previous. He took that side to 5tn.

He starts slagging off a manager months into the post with a side they inherited. Yes there are morons about.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Your right I wanted Dave Jones gone long before he went. I still wanted him to prove me wrong though and be successful.

Bobby though hasnt even given Harris a chance. Was having a go at him even when he took over a team with a style of play driven into them by the previous. He took that side to 5tn.

He starts slagging off a manager months into the post with a side they inherited. Yes there are morons about.
    Time will tell who the morons are (and I think we all know what will happen...😂)

Hasn’t given him a chance?! Utterly Laughable as is your post.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Malky one season wonder he's been garbage ever since and that has nothing to do with what happened at Cardiff
    Do agree , not a nice individual, or his mate Moody .

Harris seems a good manager and deserves a chance , Covid can't have helped his period in charge , and the two games a week must be a challenge for any manager , and the 'no fans' home advantage must be a killer .

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Malky one season wonder he's been garbage ever since and that has nothing to do with what happened at Cardiff
    I was hardly Malky’s biggest fan, but he was a far better manager than Harris, and achieved far more on his managerial CV.

Malky did a good job at Watford.

Came to us, inherited a decimated squad, but re-built and took us to the Playoffs against all odds. He also took us to the Carling Cup final where we held our own with Liverpool, and only lost on penalties.

The season after he took us up to the Premier league as champions.

Harris, took Millwall up from League 1 via the Playoffs.

Took us to the Playoffs last season, with a squad that was easily a top six squad. He was no miracle worker.

Malky commanded the respect of most supporters, Harris doesn’t.

There’s no comparison between the two. Harris is a chancer who’s got lucky with a job well above his ability.

I doubt he’ll survive the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    I was hardly Malky’s biggest fan, but he was a far better manager than Harris, and achieved far more on his managerial CV.

Malky did a good job at Watford.

Came to us, inherited a decimated squad, but re-built and took us to the Playoffs against all odds. He also took us to the Carling Cup final where we held our own with Liverpool, and only lost on penalties.

The season after he took us up to the Premier league as champions.

Harris, took Millwall up from League 1 via the Playoffs.

Took us to the Playoffs last season, with a squad that was easily a top six squad. He was no miracle worker.

Malky commanded the respect of most supporters, Harris doesn’t.

There’s no comparison between the two. Harris is a chancer who’s got lucky with a job well above his ability.

I doubt he’ll survive the season.
    That easily a top six squad he took over a year ago was already 10 points off an automatic promotion spot languishing in 14th place in the table. Thirty games later that easily as top six squad ended up in 5th place, 10 points off an automatic promotion spot.

He may be a chancer and poundland Warnock but his squad outperformed the real one by some margin last season at least.

Malky and respect is pushing it