+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tomlin's attitude

Tomlin's attitude

I've been advised that Tomlin has a serious hip problem which needs surgery, but there's no guarantee that the surgery will work. This may be the cause of his petulant behaviour of late. We now have the problem of either playing him sparingly (presumably with pain-killing injections) or losing him due to a long recuperation from an operation that may not work. Harris has recently alluded to Tomlin's problem. Surely the club had an inkling of this when giving him another lucrative contract, they messed up with Vassell and it looks like they may have done the same here. I'm fully aware what a fit(tish) Tomlin can bring to our game and how important his goals and assists have been, before I get shot down in flames.......

Re: Tomlin's attitude

There are loads of players out there coming towards the end of their careers who struggle with long term injuries. I think QPR have a player in that category.
    Problem for City is that Tomlin is so vital to us that he has to be wrapped in cotton wool and even then used sparingly. Wilson was brought into replace/supplement him. Looks to me that he may be injury prone too, if he has hip issues(possibly similar to Tomlin) already.

His sending off and stupid fouls of late remind me of a parks footballer who is frustrated that his pace has gone. I guess playing whilst overweight/unfit hasn't helped him over the years.

When did "my mate told me" turn into "I've been advised"

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    His sending off and stupid fouls of late remind me of a parks footballer who is frustrated that his pace has gone. I guess playing whilst overweight/unfit hasn't helped him over the years.
    yep played with a few lads like that , they had all the skill and tricks ,sadly couldn't manage to compete due to drop of pace or not having the attitude to get game fit as they thought they could get way with them odd flicker of skill and do bugger else.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    When did "my mate told me" turn into "I've been advised"
    From somebody involved medically at the club, you cheeky barsteward....

I apologise wholeheartedly

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I apologise wholeheartedly
    Apology accepted

Well according to some people on here (Pedro De La Rosa step forward) the club had ‘no option’ but to give him a new contract 🤷*♂️

Quite laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Well according to some people on here (Pedro De La Rosa step forward) the club had ‘no option’ but to give him a new contract 🤷*♂️

Quite laughable.
    They could have got someone younger in on loan for the wages they re paying him, surely? Plus - at his age his value is diminishing

Also, surely the medical staff would have been consulted before extending his contract? Maybe not, this is Cardiff city 😂

Also, surely the medical staff would have been consulted before extending his contract? Maybe not, this is Cardiff city ��
    Tomlin was in the middle of a run of starting 16 out of 18 league games for us when he signed a new contract. He played the full 90 minutes in 12 of those games and he made substitute appearances in the 2 games that he didn't start.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Well according to some people on here (Pedro De La Rosa step forward) the club had ‘no option’ but to give him a new contract ��*♂️

Quite laughable.
    Tomlin single handedly got us about 30 points last season. He's got his flaws and that's why he's playing for us. If he was a better athlete he'd be a Premier League player.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Tomlin single handedly got us about 30 points last season.

So you reckon without Tomlin's contribution City would have finished rock bottom of the Championship?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

So you reckon without Tomlin's contribution City would have finished rock bottom of the Championship?
    Perhaps 30 was an exaggeration but there's about 10 games where Tomlin pulled a rabbit out of a hat to get a result

Perhaps 30 was an exaggeration but there's about 10 games where Tomlin pulled a rabbit out of a hat to get a result
    I think a major part of the fans appreciation is that we do not have a creative player at the club other than Tomlin.
    It is a sad indictment that we have collected a number of league one standard players and we keep hoping that fight and endeavour will see us through. If any of the comments above are correct then shame on the board, management and medical team for allowing us to drift into this position.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I think a major part of the fans appreciation is that we do not have a creative player at the club other than Tomlin.
    It is a sad indictment that we have collected a number of league one standard players and we keep hoping that fight and endeavour will see us through. If any of the comments above are correct then shame on the board, management and medical team for allowing us to drift into this position.
    Yes so let's get Warnock back

Everyone knows that Tomlin is never going to play 46 games a season

Thing is when he’s fit and on form he has an influence on every single game

Sheffield Wednesday, Barnsley, West Brom, and Derby at home and Charlton, Leeds, Birmingham, Luton, and Bristol away.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Sheffield Wednesday, Barnsley, West Brom, and Derby at home and Charlton, Leeds, Birmingham, Luton, and Bristol away.
    So not so much of an exaggeration then

He's a superb player , enigmatic , prone to injury and clearly lacking in fitness

But on his day unplayable at this level

I've been advised that Tomlin has a serious hip problem which needs surgery, but there's no guarantee that the surgery will work. This may be the cause of his petulant behaviour of late. We now have the problem of either playing him sparingly (presumably with pain-killing injections) or losing him due to a long recuperation from an operation that may not work. Harris has recently alluded to Tomlin's problem. Surely the club had an inkling of this when giving him another lucrative contract, they messed up with Vassell and it looks like they may have done the same here. I'm fully aware what a fit(tish) Tomlin can bring to our game and how important his goals and assists have been, before I get shot down in flames.......
    You have been advised?? LEadeR

You must be Ankles

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    So, a massive exaggeration then.

If your calculations are correct, Tomlin 'single-handedly' won City 14 points last season as opposed to 30.

Interesting that Tomlin gets credited with 'single-handedly' winning points for the team whenever he scores a goal. Is the same true for the rest of the team?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    So, a massive exaggeration then.

If your calculations are correct, Tomlin 'single-handedly' won City 14 points last season as opposed to 30.

Interesting that Tomlin gets credited with 'single-handedly' winning points for the team whenever he scores a goal. Is the same true for the rest of the team?
    Glatzel certainly didnt singlehandedly get us a point v Leeds.

There was a brilliant piece of individual skill by a certain Lee Tomlin which noone else in the team was capable of. Roll on his return.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Glatzel certainly didnt singlehandedly get us a point v Leeds. There was a brilliant piece of individual skill by a certain Lee Tomlin which noone else in the team was capable of.
    I'm not disputing for a second that Tomlin was an important player last season. Without him, I'm certain the side would have finished mid-table as opposed to in the play-off positions. However, the notion that he won 30 points single-handedly is plainly daft.

Will he have a significant impact again this season or was last season as good as it gets from him? We shall see.