+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tomlin's attitude

Re: Tomlin's attitude

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Hahahahahahaha.

Worthington played 828 games (largely in the top division) and scoring 260 times as well as playing for England 8 times.

McKenzie won the European Super Cup and was also played successfully mostly in the top division.

If you think that just because that were perceived as ‘Mavericks’ and therefore comparable to Tomlin then you really do need your head examining.

Comical.
    Worthington wrote a book called one hump or two ? about his drinking and womanising off the pitch , he was utter shite in many of the games he played , then superb a few weeks later

Tomlin is similarly enigmatic

You are a moaner , we have lots of moaning old gits following our club , its very odd

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Koumas. He had the talent and physical attributes to make it in the Prem and for a few seasons at Cardiff and WBA, he showed he had the application too. What a player.
    Yes. We couldn't quite afford to buy him for the next season, which was a huge shame. He never really recovered from that. Don't think there was a lot of love lost between him and West Brom boss, Bryan Robson, at the time. Koumas in that 2006/07 side when Scimeca and McPhail were so instrumental would have been incredible.

But we never landed him. I wonder if we had managed to sign Koumas permanently, we may never have brought in Peter Whittingham.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Do you think Harris knows what those tweaks are? Signs are that he doesn't. More worrying for me is the lack of effort from kickoff. I think most City fans don't mind if players are limited in terms of talent, but often aren't so forgiving towards players not giving 100%. I can see that, so can other City fans, so can pundits.

The side has problems, that we all know. We all have our opinions on what we think needs fixing. We don't all agree on these but it makes for interesting conversation. I have similar conversations on social media with others, so it's not just a message board thing. Ultimately the manager needs to sort out the problems. It's now his team, more or less. He needs to sort out these poor starts.
    So either he's given time or the powers that be sack him

Time and time again football has shown us that knee jerk reactions are often not the answer

I will back him till he is no longer manager

Dave Jones outstayed his welcome at Cardiff City but I think when you support a team you back the manager and players

I have never understood this sack the manager, our centre half is shit approach

In some ways I am glad we are in lockdown because I feel sorry for the players and management having to put up with continual criticism

Are our fans worse than other clubs fans ? I don't know and I don't care but this has been going on for years, long before social media

Yes. We couldn't quite afford to buy him for the next season, which was a huge shame. He never really recovered from that. Don't think there was a lot of love lost between him and West Brom boss, Bryan Robson, at the time. Koumas in that 2006/07 side when Scimeca and McPhail were so instrumental would have been incredible.

But we never landed him. I wonder if we had managed to sign Koumas permanently, we may never have brought in Peter Whittingham.
    I doubt it but you never know! Saved the 7 shirt for Koumas didn't we. Remember Hammam trying to get business owners like Giovanni trying to chip in for Koumas .

Koumas in the first half of that season with Chopra might have been the x factor we needed to continue the push. Who knows!

I doubt it but you never know! Saved the 7 shirt for Koumas didn't we. Remember Hammam trying to get business owners like Giovanni trying to chip in for Koumas .

Koumas in the first half of that season with Chopra might have been the x factor we needed to continue the push. Who knows!
    I would guess he would have kept Ledley out of the team. I think he must have played left back when Whitts moved into the team. Parry had an excellent season with goals and many assists.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So, just out of interest, how did Tomlin of last season compare with the Jason Koumas of 05/06? For me, there were times when Tomlin was the only thing making games worthwhile, but he was no Koumas.
    I liked Koumas first time round.

Not so much second time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I liked Koumas first time round.

Not so much second time.
    That was so strange: he was just fantastic during his first spell but completely anonymous during the second spell.

Like two completely different people :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    That was so strange: he was just fantastic during his first spell but completely anonymous during the second spell.

Like two completely different people :-(
    In fairness to Koumas, he had made 24 PL appearances for Wigan in the 2 seasons before he joined us for the second time. He didn't feature at all for them in the league that season. It would be 3 years before he next made a league appearance, in League 1

In fairness to Koumas, he had made 24 PL appearances for Wigan in the 2 seasons before he joined us for the second time. He didn't feature at all for them in the league that season. It would be 3 years before he next made a league appearance, in League 1
    He'd lost his way by then. I knew a friend of his from Liverpool and let's just say he wasn't the most professional footballer during his time in Wigan! Just who he was, football wasn't everything for him.

He'd lost his way by then. I knew a friend of his from Liverpool and let's just say he wasn't the most professional footballer during his time in Wigan! Just who he was, football wasn't everything for him.
    Yes, a bit of a maverick in some ways. Talented enough to have played for a big club. I think he knew it as well but didn't want to put in the effort to do it.