Thread: How long....

How long....

Is Murphy's contract ?

Re: How long....

Four years. Signed in June 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by lennybluebird View Post
    Is Murphy's contract ?
    Surely you would not want his contract to run down so he can walk away ?
    Of all the players we have at least he must be worth 1M ?
    I am sure he will improve once he moves away. Something has not been right for him at the City.

So strange to see his brother on TV playing for a PL team that's winning a game well. Josh must be wondering what the **** happened. He was bought to play for us in the PL and now he can barely get a game in the Championship. If he were to get a move, where would he go? How much is he worth?

no was just thinking only 14months and he can strike a deal with another club and be off

Quote Originally Posted by lennybluebird View Post
    no was just thinking only 14months and he can strike a deal with another club and be off
    I really expect him to come good again with a new club.
    I remember watching the first 12 games in the Premiership and he was almost unplayable.
    Every fullback marking him (Premiership standard) received a yellow card within the the first 20-30 minutes.
    Something happened with Warnock that destroyed his confidence

Yeah, that feckin Warnock

He's even getting the blame for how bad Murphy is

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I really expect him to come good again with a new club.
    I remember watching the first 12 games in the Premiership and he was almost unplayable.
    Every fullback marking him (Premiership standard) received a yellow card within the the first 20-30 minutes.
    Something happened with Warnock that destroyed his confidence
    I agree.

He’d do well with Brighton, Burnley or a team like that.

Warnock destroyed his confidence, all because he’s not a good defender.

Needs a manager to put an arm around him, say he believes in him, and give him a run of six solid games.

Not a few minutes here and there.

He has the potential, on his game, to be one of the best players in this division.

I’d also like to see him have a bash as a 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    I agree.

He’d do well with Brighton, Burnley or a team like that.

Warnock destroyed his confidence, all because he’s not a good defender.

Needs a manager to put an arm around him, say he believes in him, and give him a run of six solid games.

Not a few minutes here and there.

He has the potential, on his game, to be one of the best players in this division.

I’d also like to see him have a bash as a 10.
    I don't see Murphy as a number 10. He's a head down and run with the ball type player, not someone who can create with deft passes and touches like Tomlin or Wilson.

However, I do agree that he has the ability to be one of the best in the division, providing he has the defensive shackles of the game loosened. Perhaps a free role, a bit like Whitts had when out on the wing, like when Jones was manager. That would require a more defensively minded full back, so not Bennett.