+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I really do wonder about some of our fans

I really do wonder about some of our fans

Harris gets us to the play offs , everyone is well chuffed , the team let's him down , the moaners start

We have a poor start to the season , off they go again

We are Cardiff City , not Man United , thank feck

Let their Surrey and Sussex armchair fans whinge like premier league tarts

Get behind Harris , the manager of Cardiff City

Re: I really do wonder about some of our fans

You always come out with this shit Sludge that because we're 'Cardiff City' little club etc... Bradford are bigger... all that bullshit - Honestly f.uck that, we are capital city of Wales, we have a burgeoning population close to 400K, we were in the top 10 for attendances in our last PL spell, we have a billionaire owner, we have reached the two major cup finals in recent-ish years - we might expect not to have to be thinking about being in the same league as the likes of Accrington ****ing Stanley next year!

It is certainly not to much to ask that we should at the very ****ing least be competitive in this league , which we are currently not. We are no Man Utd but this is not our level either and fans are right to be a bit nonplussed by it all.

Most supporters have realistic expectations of our team and I do believe that most would agree that we over achieved last season.

In normal circumstances, the least we can expect is 100% effort........ that is not the case at the moment. If if was the case, we could say we were unlucky in matches but for some reason we appear to have downed tools.

The harsh reality of this comes back on the man in charge and he is failing to motivate 'his team' (he has had 2 transfer windows so I now class this as his chosen squad)

Yes we have been unlucky with key injuries but the squad is more than capable of getting results if they were put into a more positive formation.

The buck stops with Harris.

When he took over the target was the playoffs which he achieved.

Personally felt Harris cost us the playoffs with his decision to play a totally out of form Pack. I think we got on a good run and confidence grew after the restart. This season as produced what many of us expected of him when he took over, terrible football and fighting at the wrong end of the table, it was predictable.

He just isn't a very good manager and needs to be replaced.

Downed tools. That’s the phrase I thought of yesterday. There is clearly a lack of urgency at present. What is causing this?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Harris gets us to the play offs , everyone is well chuffed , the team let's him down , the moaners start

Amen to that, don't forget the Welsh expert armchairsers

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Downed tools. That’s the phrase I thought of yesterday. There is clearly a lack of urgency at present. What is causing this?
    I wonder if no fan pressures is partly to blame, in the last two games two cracking goals have been scored against us

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade View Post
    Most supporters have realistic expectations of our team and I do believe that most would agree that we over achieved last season.

In normal circumstances, the least we can expect is 100% effort........ that is not the case at the moment. If if was the case, we could say we were unlucky in matches but for some reason we appear to have downed tools.

The harsh reality of this comes back on the man in charge and he is failing to motivate 'his team' (he has had 2 transfer windows so I now class this as his chosen squad)

Yes we have been unlucky with key injuries but the squad is more than capable of getting results if they were put into a more positive formation.

Precisely. End of story.

The rest is embarrassing waffle.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    we might expect not to have to be thinking about being in the same league as the likes of Accrington ****ing Stanley next year!

No one with an ounce of common sense is thinking about that after 9 games

Think most fans just love a whinge. Nothing wrong with that, myself included.

If there's not much to celebrate why not, it's entertaining to have a little rumour and gossip, a little thought of who could take us over and lead us to glory.

Reality is if Harris goes, then in 6 months there's a "would you have Harris back?" thread.

All fun and games.

why do you always waffle on about plastics?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I am.. I'll admit I'm less than sensible though.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Sludge is a closet Gooner, didn’t you know? He’s gooner go on and on about the plastics.

We don't know what impact the sacking of NML has had on morale

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    We don't know what impact the sacking of NML has had on morale
    I thought the same.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Why might it not have been ‘the team got us to the Playoffs’, in spite of Harris?

All these posters saying we ‘over achieved’ getting to the Playoffs, is absolute nonsense.

I would say our squad and the strength in depth (in spite of a few bum signings), was easily good enough for top 6 last season.

With a hard core of players who’d only been relegated from the Premier League, by two points.

I wasn’t Warnock’s biggest fan towards the end, but I think he would have took us to the Playoffs at least and we’d have had more chance of going up (Harris picking Pack in the Fulham games cost us).

His track record shows, there is no better qualified manager at this level, to get a team promoted.

Harris was a terrible uninspiring appointment, for a team with promotion aspirations.

Look how Millwall dramatically improved since he left, look what Cooper has/is doing at Swansea, with limited resources.

I don’t believe the players respect him or he has the dressing room,

As someone else has posted on this thread, there may be a falling out within the dressing room due to the background of NML’s departure.

We should be busting a guy to entice Howe (which may be unrealistic), or Pearson.

Pearson is a strong personality who would take no crap from the players.

I like Jokanovic as my number 1 choice, but someone pointed out in situ overseas.

If we’re looking for a new manager i really hope the board don’t go for Michael Flynn.

I love the County and he’s doing a great job, but he doesn’t have the experience for a big job like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    Why might it not have been ‘the team got us to the Playoffs’, in spite of Harris?

All these posters saying we ‘over achieved’ getting to the Playoffs, is absolute nonsense.

I would say our squad and the strength in depth (in spite of a few bum signings), was easily good enough for top 6 last season.

With a hard core of players who’d only been relegated from the Premier League, by two points.

I wasn’t Warnock’s biggest fan towards the end, but I think he would have took us to the Playoffs at least and we’d have had more chance of going up (Harris picking Pack in the Fulham games cost us).

His track record shows, there is no better qualified manager at this level, to get a team promoted.

Harris was a terrible uninspiring appointment, for a team with promotion aspirations.

Look how Millwall dramatically improved since he left, look what Cooper has/is doing at Swansea, with limited resources.

I don’t believe the players respect him or he has the dressing room,

As someone else has posted on this thread, there may be a falling out within the dressing room due to the background of NML’s departure.

We should be busting a guy to entice Howe (which may be unrealistic), or Pearson.

Pearson is a strong personality who would take no crap from the players.

I like Jokanovic as my number 1 choice, but someone pointed out in situ overseas.

If we’re looking for a new manager i really hope the board don’t go for Michael Flynn.

I love the County and he’s doing a great job, but he doesn’t have the experience for a big job like this.
    What makes you think that experience is essential?

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    You always come out with this shit Sludge that because we're 'Cardiff City' little club etc... Bradford are bigger... all that bullshit - Honestly f.uck that, we are capital city of Wales, we have a burgeoning population close to 400K, we were in the top 10 for attendances in our last PL spell, we have a billionaire owner, we have reached the two major cup finals in recent-ish years - we might expect not to have to be thinking about being in the same league as the likes of Accrington ****ing Stanley next year!

It is certainly not to much to ask that we should at the very ****ing least be competitive in this league , which we are currently not. We are no Man Utd but this is not our level either and fans are right to be a bit nonplussed by it all.
    I beg to differ , I merely state reality .

We are no bigger than a lot of teams in the championship and have no divine right to be a top six team . Bradford is a big city and if they got into the championship would get similar gates to us .

We might be the capital but thats just a name , Edinburgh is the capital of Scotland but celtic and rangers from the much larger Glasgow dominate. Swansea have spent far more years in the top flight recently than we have . Sad , but true . Cardiff is twice the size of Swansea.

We have had a bad start but because Cardiff has a big catchment area does that mean we should be in the Premier league ?

Leeds have spent years trying to get there , forest , Derby etc

I expect a top 8 finish this season , we are stuttering at the moment but ff sake how quickly do we turn ?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    What makes you think that experience is essential?
    Look at what those brothers did with Lincoln, and everyone saying they were the next big thing.

Then they bombed at Huddersfield.

I think any manager coming in has to command the respect of the changing room.

I don’t think Michael Flynn has that (yet).

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade View Post

The buck always stops with the manager but after 9 games ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Precisely. End of story.

The rest is embarrassing waffle.
    No manager will ever be good enough for you , all you ever do is moan about the team you say you support

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Because some of our fans act like man United fans who want their side to win every bloody game

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Don't panic ! Don't Panic !

For once I agree with Sludgey.

This is the first real blip we’ve had under Harris, if you could even call it a blip, god help if we lose 5 on the spin.

Changing a manager mid season annually is not good practice. The squad is far from ideal and the club don’t really want to invest it seems so Harris is still very much working with someone else’s squad. This will be the same problem for the next manager and possibly the one after that if fans are going to demand a manager gets sacked the first time he faces adversity.

I for one hope we give Harris more time, he certainly deserves it after turning last season around.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Think most fans just love a whinge. Nothing wrong with that, myself included.

If there's not much to celebrate why not, it's entertaining to have a little rumour and gossip, a little thought of who could take us over and lead us to glory.

Reality is if Harris goes, then in 6 months there's a "would you have Harris back?" thread.

All fun and games.
    I don’t think that is right.

I don’t think that we’ll ever see a ‘would you want Harris back?’ post just as we have never ever seen a ‘would you want Slade back?’ post.