+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Has the original Top Gear now been trumped?

Has the original Top Gear now been trumped?

Clarkson, May & Hammond were very good.

Evans & Le Blanc were bloody awful (much like everything Chris Evans does! )

These new 3,McGuiness, Freddie & Chris Harris, now in their 3rd series, are bloody brilliant. I was never a fan of Paddy McGuiness but, fair play, I have completely bought into it now.

Best programme on TV and i'm not even a petrol head.

I'm having regular debates with my sister as to which presenters are the best.

Re: Has the original Top Gear now been trumped?

One of the programmes that I flick past on the remote. Not a fan of any car type programme, magazines or conversation, always try and duck away from bar room car fanatics.

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade View Post

These new 3,McGuiness, Freddie & Chris Harris, now in their 3rd series, are bloody brilliant. I was never a fan of Paddy McGuiness but, fair play, I have completely bought into it now.

I know Clarkson is universally hated, but he worked well with Hammond and May, they were funny and i always enjoyed watching them, the specials were my favs

Freddie, Paddy and Chris are great, i watched the 1st episode of the new series on Saturday night, we discussed that they were better than the old lot and we all agreed they are

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade View Post

I'm not into cars but have always enjoyed the childish stupidity of Top Gear and could watch it without thinking, allowing you to ignore how scripted it is.

I can't warm to Flintoff though, who is incredibly wooden.

The original Top Gear was presented by Angela Rippon.

I have enjoyed the latest series of TG but still prefer Clarkson, May and Hammond. I know it’s difficult but the new trio, need to come up with some new ideas as some are very similar to the old series. I really enjoyed the ice cream van film last night and can’t remember if something similar has been done before. I don't mind Flintoff but he’s on some other programme tonight and he could be guilty of over playing his hand if he’s on too many programmes.

May have to give them a chance, don't think I've seen any of it after watching le blanc and Evans once, don't even know if they were that bad, just hard to be what Clarkson, May and Hammond had built up and it wasn't the same.

As far as I am concerned Clarkson and his mates were arseholes and the audience were all *****

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    One of the programmes that I flick past on the remote. Not a fan of any car type programme, magazines or conversation, always try and duck away from bar room car fanatics.
    Bores me , worse than crown green bowling

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    May have to give them a chance, don't think I've seen any of it after watching le blanc and Evans once, don't even know if they were that bad, just hard to be what Clarkson, May and Hammond had built up and it wasn't the same.
    i ditched TG when Le blanc and evans were hosting it, just didnt do it for me, thought i would give the new guys a whirl and glad i did

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    i ditched TG when Le blanc and evans were hosting it, just didnt do it for me, thought i would give the new guys a whirl and glad i did
    Same here. I think it's quite refreshing to see 3 guys enjoying things and having fun, taking the piss etc. With Hartson, May and Hammond, it always seemed to be the Clarkson show.

As the years have gone by TG has gradually turned from a motoring programme to a version of Jackass with cars. On this basis it suits the talentless Paddy McGuinness and former sporting great Freddie Flintoff but neither of them seem to know anything about cars. Chris Harris seems to be the odd one out as he actually knows what he is talking about. Get rid of Chris Harris, bring in Johnny Knoxville and the BBC can stop the pretence of it being a motoring programme.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    As the years have gone by TG has gradually turned from a motoring programme to a version of Jackass with cars. On this basis it suits the talentless Paddy McGuinness and former sporting great Freddie Flintoff but neither of them seem to know anything about cars. Chris Harris seems to be the odd one out as he actually knows what he is talking about. Get rid of Chris Harris, bring in Johnny Knoxville and the BBC can stop the pretence of it being a motoring programme.
    Freddie with drive fast and crash things, its entertaining

I thought the old Top Gear was getting stale. The new format is refreshing and Paddy McGuiness especially - a bloke I couldn't previously stand - is very amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Freddie with drive fast and crash things, its entertaining
    Did I say it wasn’t?

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I thought the old Top Gear was getting stale. The new format is refreshing and Paddy McGuiness especially - a bloke I couldn't previously stand - is very amusing.
    Agreed but the Clarkson/May/Hammond TG eventually wasn’t a motoring programme either like the current version. It’s entertainment with posh and mostly unattainable cars. If I want to learn something new about cars then I read the TG mag not watch the TG programme. I have no problem with the programme as a form of entertainment, there’s a place for it and it is very popular. IMHO it’s not my idea of a motoring programme

Saw a clip of an ice cream van racing around a track with large wheels.
    Just like schoolboys with big toys - rubbish viewing (just like don’t rock the boat)