Thread: Giggs for Cardiff?

Giggs for Cardiff?

Too early?

Re: Giggs for Cardiff?

Quote Originally Posted by fingers View Post
    Too early?
    Much.

Only last month he was being touted as replacing Solskaer, can't see that happening anytime soon. I guess after a couple of imposed 'awareness training' sessions Giggs will be back on the market within a year.

If he’s found guilty not sure he should be in management again

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Of course you're right, but this is the world of football we're talking about where you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Quote Originally Posted by fingers View Post
    Too early?
    Yes much too early and when he does move on I am sure his aspirations will be much higher than Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I would hope that after he has been found guilty and paid his debt to society he will be allowed to earn a living again.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I would hope that after he has been found guilty and paid his debt to society he will be allowed to earn a living again.
    He can earn a living, that living doesn’t have to be manager of a football club. I wouldn’t want him managing Cardiff, just like I wouldn’t want Joey Barton.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He can earn a living, that living doesn’t have to be manager of a football club. I wouldn’t want him managing Cardiff, just like I wouldn’t want Joey Barton.
    Absolutely.

No issues with him earning a living and that goes for everyone.

Once your behavior is beyond the pale, you can't be in certain jobs. You can't have a racist in the police and you can't have a convicted paedophile working as a teacher. I understand these are extreme examples but in football management I personally believe hold some level of moral obligation.

I know it's a massive grey area as I'm not sure i'd have the same opinion for just playing football but I do think any management posts do need a higher moral standing

What about Neil Harris for Wales?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    What about Neil Harris for Wales?
    How long is that rod you got there?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    What happened to innocent until proven guilty? Giggs has denied the allegations and it wont be the first time the CPS have tried to fit a celebrity up on a nonsense charge. Could have been handbags for all we know? A bit of shouting, woman getting hysterical, maybe he had to grab her in self defense. Who knows what actually went on. None of us thats for sure.

International

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    What happened to innocent until proven guilty? Giggs has denied the allegations and it wont be the first time the CPS have tried to fit a celebrity up on a nonsense charge. Could have been handbags for all we know? A bit of shouting, woman getting hysterical, maybe he had to grab her in self defense. Who knows what actually went on. None of us thats for sure.
    There you go, being sensible, spoiling everyone's fun!!!!!

No, and that's a fair point. I was replying to NYC where it said if he was found guilty.

You are of course correct.

Another attempt by the police , the press and was it his brother to besmirch his character....

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    How long is that rod you got there?
    I think we should go for Mark Hughes.

We could get away with not getting a load of new training wear for Sparky if they just alter the iron on N to an M.