+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Robert Page replaces Giggs for next three games

Robert Page replaces Giggs for next three games

"The Football Association of Wales and Ryan Giggs have mutually agreed that he will not be involved in the upcoming international camp.

"Our agreed immediate priority is preparing the team for the upcoming international matches.

"Robert Page, with Ryan’s support, will take charge for the next three matches against the USA, Republic of Ireland and Finland supported by Albert Stuivenberg.

"The Cymru squad for these upcoming matches will be announced on Thursday 5th November.

"The FAW will not be making any further comment at this current time.”

Re: Robert Page replaces Giggs for next three games

I was just wondering, is there anything good at all going to happen in 2020? A Trump win would confirm that there isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I was just wondering, is there anything good at all going to happen in 2020? A Trump win would confirm that there isn't.
    Please dont go there.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I don't think I'm the only one who, whilst accepting he has done a good job for Wales, would not be massively disappointed to see him go.
    There are too many things in the past that still leave a bitter taste. If these new allegations are true he is finished in UK football.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    I don't think I'm the only one who, whilst accepting he has done a good job for Wales, would not be massively disappointed to see him go.
    There are too many things in the past that still leave a bitter taste. If these new allegations are true he is finished in UK football.
    I was warming to Giggs as Wales manager, but I wouldn't argue with you too much about the conclusion you come to - my comment was based more on this being an important set of games for Wales and this news is hardly going to help our prospects of winning the group.

I wonder how much it would cost to buy out Osian Roberts' contract with Morroco.

He wont be finished, far from it. He'll do a couple of courses on anger management and Domestic Violence, donate 10 grand to a charity (that we'll all hear about) and get the Wigan job in 18 months time. (that's if he's guilty)

Good luck Rob Page. Both the male (albeit temporarily) and female Welsh team managers are now from the Rhondda, and are both recognised in the ‘Rhondda sporting hall of fame’ in here ....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Park-Life-S...=UTF8&qid=&sr=

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He wont be finished, far from it. He'll do a couple of courses on anger management and Domestic Violence, donate 10 grand to a charity (that we'll all hear about) and get the Wigan job in 18 months time. (that's if he's guilty)
    Cant ever see him working in UK again. Perhaps abroad, but with his business interests in Manchester dont think he'll fancy that.

I'd be disappointed if he indeed ends up losing his job. I felt like he was starting something a bit special with this current group. Still think he was the right guy for the job, such a shame.

Goes without saying that his position is untenable if the allegations are true and he get's charged.

2020 just keeps on giving doesn't it!?

This is far from ideal. Giggs has done very well and this is disruptive.

Where is Chris Coleman

Cant ever see him working in UK again. Perhaps abroad, but with his business interests in Manchester dont think he'll fancy that.
    Christ, I hope you’re not on the jury, if I’m ever accused of anything!

I’m not much of a fan of Giggs as a manager, he has the personality of a lettuce.

But, he’s innocent until proven guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Where is Chris Coleman
    Been useless at every managerial job other than Wales.

Bale carried him in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I wonder how much it would cost to buy out Osian Roberts' contract with Morroco.
    200 camels and his daughters hand in marriage to the King of Morocco's son should just about do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I agree with what you have said here, except that he'll be given the Salford manager's job, by his old chums.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    Been useless at every managerial job other than Wales.

Bale carried him in 2016.
    Christ, no wonder Bale has spent a fair bit of time injured since then. Cookie ain't that light to carry, especially having to carry him around France during the summer

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Where is Chris Coleman
    Staying where he is hopefully.