+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tomlin has pulled his groin

Tomlin has pulled his groin

Re: Tomlin has pulled his groin

There can't be many more muscles he could pull, poor dap.

Seems to me that we should treat any contribution Lee Tomlin makes to our season as a bonus - it's as if he's paying a penalty for the work he put in to stay fit for the majority of last season.

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Seems to me that we should treat any contribution Lee Tomlin makes to our season as a bonus - it's as if he's paying a penalty for the work he put in to stay fit for the majority of last season.
    That's a joke, right?
    A professional footballer, paid large sums of money to do what eh does 'paying a penalty' for keeping fit? It is all he is fecking paid to do. Most of us, have to keep fit and hold down a normal job.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    That's a joke, right?
    A professional footballer, paid large sums of money to do what eh does 'paying a penalty' for keeping fit? It is all he is fecking paid to do. Most of us, have to keep fit and hold down a normal job.
    No, it's not a joke and in your eagerness to be argumentative, you've misunderstood my point. This season is Tomlin's fourth one with us and what I'm saying is that, so far, he has only played to his potential in one of them - for all that he was very good last season, he did very little in his first two seasons with us and has made a minimal impact on this one so far. What we're seeing at the moment is more typical of his time with us than what we saw last season. He's not been right since his injury at Fulham in the Play Off game and has not even had the limited pre season that the rest of the squad managed to get in - Tomlin's fitness is akin to treading on eggshells and I'd say there's a valid argument to say that he's paying now for his eagerness to be involved at the back end of last season.

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    No, it's not a joke and in your eagerness to be argumentative, you've misunderstood my point. This season is Tomlin's fourth one with us and what I'm saying is that, so far, he has only played to his potential in one of them - for all that he was very good last season, he did very little in his first two seasons with us and has made a minimal impact on this one so far. What we're seeing at the moment is more typical of his time with us than what we saw last season. He's not been right since his injury at Fulham in the Play Off game and has not even had the limited pre season that the rest of the squad managed to get in - Tomlin's fitness is akin to treading on eggshells and I'd say there's a valid argument to say that he's paying now for his eagerness to be involved at the back end of last season.
    I wasn't trying to be argumentative, I'm sorry if it came across that way.

But good as he is for the team when he is on the pitch, he is not on it far too often for him to be relied on in any way. People say things like' we'd have done better if Tomlin had been playing' or 'We need Tomlin back,' but the chances of it happening with any degree of regularity are remote and always have been.

The point is people keep saying he is a good player but actually he is no good at all when he isn't on the pitch and that seems to be most of the time. If we divided his total salary since joining us by the time he has been on the pitch I wouldn't mind betting he'd be the highest paid player minute for minute that we've had for a long long time.

That money would have been much better used finding a play maker who we could actually rely on to play. Shirley that isn't rocket science?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I wasn't trying to be argumentative, I'm sorry if it came across that way.

But good as he is for the team when he is on the pitch, he is not on it far too often for him to be relied on in any way. People say things like' we'd have done better if Tomlin had been playing' or 'We need Tomlin back,' but the chances of it happening with any degree of regularity are remote and always have been.

The point is people keep saying he is a good player but actually he is no good at all when he isn't on the pitch and that seems to be most of the time. If we divided his total salary since joining us by the time he has been on the pitch I wouldn't mind betting he'd be the highest paid player minute for minute that we've had for a long long time.

That money would have been much better used finding a play maker who we could actually rely on to play. Shirley that isn't rocket science?
    Well, I'd say we're finding different ways of saying the same thing then .

I do have sympathy for Tomlin though because, besides his ability, I thought his attitude was very good last season. Based on what I've seen this season however, I don't think the same thing can be said this time around, but that could well be down to frustration due to all of those niggles and injuries he has.

I said this exact thing in a post a few days ago, he's playing while frustrated due to his fitness issues and that's where his niggly fouls come from