+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 BRISTOL CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 BRISTOL CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    Huffed and puffed against a poor Bristol team. Apart from Wilson, nobody looked comfortable having the ball. The number of times we had the opportunity to break forward but chose to move backwards and take the safety option was frustrating. Apart from the freak result in
    midweek, we have been very poor recently. Signing Wilson almost already looks a waste of money if we are not going to compete this season
    Harry looked a little lost IMHO and we didn't seem to have much shape.

Ralls and Pack are little more than grafters so if he doesn't play well, we have little hope, especially after conceding first.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v BRISTOL CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    Huffed and puffed against a poor Bristol team. Apart from Wilson, nobody looked comfortable having the ball. The number of times we had the opportunity to break forward but chose to move backwards and take the safety option was frustrating. Apart from the freak result in
    midweek, we have been very poor recently. Signing Wilson almost already looks a waste of money if we are not going to compete this season
    A poor Bristol team they are second for fcuk sake they were lucky tonight.

No doubt about it, we started on the back foot because of Harris and his defensive attitude, cost us.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We had plenty of chances though, I think Harris will go soon because for whatever reason it isn't working. I don't think Wilson is a 10 myself, he drifts in and out of games too much. This has been a really poor period, we've played rubbish in the last 4 and have got 4 points.
    The chances aren't really worked though, we have to move away from crosses and long balls almost all of the time, we have to mix t up, work the ball wth some good passing and movement. It's predictable and other teams will know how to defend against it. Central defenders want the ball to be in the air, that's their trade, they don't want the ball played around them or forced out to defend, It's not enough i my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Unfortunately it is on Harris.
    We played a front two on Tuesday, which seemed to work well.
    Tonight he panicked and went back to a lone striker. Bristol are not that good and their league position cannot be sustained.
    Harris picked a side which would be correct if we were playing Chelsea away, not Bristol at home.
    Yes we bossed the game and it could have been far different if we had gone 1-0 up.
    We played the 2 up top to counteract the 3 at the back. Bristol played with a back 4. I wish Kieffer Moore had more confidence in front of goal but then, if he did, he'd be playing for Burnley.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Harry looked a little lost IMHO and we didn't seem to have much shape.

Ralls and Pack are little more than grafters so if he doesn't play well, we have little hope, especially after conceding first.
    Pack has a good range of passing and is good at getting out of tricky situations. Both he and Ralls played well tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We had plenty of chances though, I think Harris will go soon because for whatever reason it isn't working. I don't think Wilson is a 10 myself, he drifts in and out of games too much. This has been a really poor period, we've played rubbish in the last 4 and have got 4 points.
    We've got 9 games in 4 weeks after the international break, so either Harris goes now or we stick with him until Christmas.

Tonight he panicked and went back to a lone striker. Bristol are not that good and their league position cannot be sustained.
    Harris picked a side which would be correct if we were playing Chelsea away, not Bristol at home.
    Yes we bossed the game and it could have been far different if we had gone 1-0 up.
    Of course it is.

We have decent players now that would hold their own in nearly every other squad in the Championship.

If they can’t play together as a team then where does the problem lie?

Lots of people on here genuinely don’t seem to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    The chances aren't really worked though, we have to move away from crosses and long balls almost all of the time, we have to mix t up, work the ball wth some good passing and movement. It's predictable and other teams will know how to defend against it. Central defenders want the ball to be in the air, that's their trade, they don't want the ball played around them or forced out to defend, It's not enough i my opinion.
    Agreed but I don't think we ever got the ball into positions to work, they were quite happy to sit back which again, is why we've got to stop conceding the first goal. It is a joke how often it happens. Bacuna played in centre mid for a lot of that second half, which I'm not sure if it worked!

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    We've got 9 games in 4 weeks after the international break, so either Harris goes now or we stick with him until Christmas.
    He’ll get at least until Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Of course it is.

We have decent players now that would hold their own in nearly every other squad in the Championship.

If they can’t play together as a team then where does the problem lie?

Lots of people on here genuinely don’t seem to know.
    What would you do?

Glatzel did nothing when he was on the pitch this evening. The Sky Sports commentator said that he has been unwell recently.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    A poor Bristol team they are second for fcuk sake they were lucky tonight.
    Yes can’t believe Bristol city are 2nd, they looked really limited. We huffed and puffed but little creativity and inventiveness in and around the box, we get putting in predictable floated crosses

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    He’ll get at least until Christmas.
    I think Dalman pretty much said that when we signed Wilson - need to be top 6 at Christmas

You knew it was all over when Murphy came on

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Glatzel did nothing when he was on the pitch this evening. The Sky Sports commentator said that he has been unwell recently.
    He had been ill prior to the Barnsley game.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Yes can’t believe Bristol city are 2nd, they looked really limited. We huffed and puffed but little creativity and inventiveness in and around the box, we get putting in predictable floated crosses
    I think they were bloody awful but, and its a big but, they were 1-0 up after 2 minutes away from home. They didn't have to do much else after.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Pack has a good range of passing and is good at getting out of tricky situations. Both he and Ralls played well tonight
    I wouldn't say they had bad games, they did okay, but I cant see how you think they played well.
    BC defended for most of the game so the onus was on our midfield to create chances.

As I said, you know exactly what you are going to get with these two and it is not a barrage of defence splitting passes.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    You knew it was all over when Murphy came on
    I was hoping he would just do what his brother did the other week and take the game by the scruff of the neck.
    but nah, his touches were just, well just.....

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    No doubt about it, we started on the back foot because of Harris and his defensive attitude, cost us.
    The goal came because we were caught out by having both wingers so far up the pitch that they couldn't play their part defensively - we certainly didn't concede that goal because we were too defensive.

I was hoping he would just do what his brother did the other week and take the game by the scruff of the neck.
    His confidence looks shot to pieces.

He seems to have lost his pace

The funniest thing about the Sky commentary was the Pack worshipping in the first half. They made him sound like Messi...

He drops so far back he could play in goal, he slows the game down more the Pogba and he can’t (under-weights constantly) pass.

Should never start again

Unbelievably they are now 2nd in the League! And Kallas won man of the match for being awful.

Did Glatzel ever touch the ball after coming on? And Bacuna!!!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He made one really good save from a header which looked like it would have hit the post and collected a few crosses well, but, apart from that, none of his saves were that difficult - our finishing wasn't good enough and the Barnsley game apart were struggling to put the ball in the net.
    Out of interest, who would you give it to?

Our defence and keeper - conceded a goal
    Our midfield - honours even
    Our forward players - our finishing wasn't good enough

Their defence - They limited us to mostly half chances but we had 3 or 4 of those
    Their midfield - honours even
    Their forwards - apart from scoring once (all you need), what else did they do?

It's either one of their defenders of their keeper. Sky went for one of their defenders but I think we had too much space from corners in first half for them to be happy whereas their keeper won't be shown any negative footage when they review the game.