+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 BRISTOL CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 BRISTOL CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    I think Dalman pretty much said that when we signed Wilson - need to be top 6 at Christmas
    I have to say that I would be very pleasantly surprised if we were in the top 6 by Christmas. Amongst the 8 games to Boxing day we have the following:

Watford a
    Stoke a
    Swansea h
    Norwich a
    Brentford h

The others being

Millwall a
    Coventry a
    Luton h
    Huddersfield h

I am scratching my head to see where more than 12 points will come from those games giving us 25 points from 19 games.

I have settled for a mid/lower table finish but sincerely hope that I am being too pessimistic. Don't really see the point in continually changing the Manager on a regular basis but I believe that Harris will be gone at the end of the season and not before. He will not be given any further funds in January.

I know I am a miserable git. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours View Post
    I have to say that I would be very pleasantly surprised if we were in the top 6 by Christmas. Amongst the 8 games to Boxing day we have the following:

Watford a
    Stoke a
    Swansea h
    Norwich a
    Brentford h

The others being

Millwall a
    Coventry a
    Luton h
    Huddersfield h

I am scratching my head to see where more than 12 points will come from those games giving us 25 points from 19 games.

I have settled for a mid/lower table finish but sincerely hope that I am being too pessimistic. Don't really see the point in continually changing the Manager on a regular basis but I believe that Harris will be gone at the end of the season and not before. He will not be given any further funds in January.

I know I am a miserable git. Sorry.
    Continually changing the manager is not the answer. Appointing the right manager in the first place is the answer.
    I think the vast majority of supporters regarded Harris as a very poor decision by the board

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Continually changing the manager is not the answer. Appointing the right manager in the first place is the answer.
    I think the vast majority of supporters regarded Harris as a very poor decision by the board
    Harris did a very good job last season and had 3 weeks for pre season. I feel for him in some ways and I don't. We didn't have enough time to change things in pre-season but then again, he isn't good enough to do so. I think he's bought pretty well but I don't think we've addressed enough issues and I think the playoff hangover plus NML has massively affected us.

good performance, 9 times out of 10 we win that kind of game.

we will go on a good run soon if we keep playing like thst

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    good performance, 9 times out of 10 we win that kind of game.

we will go on a good run soon if we keep playing like thst
    Are you saying that 9 times out of 10 we would win the game after going a goal down?

Re: CARDIFF CITY v BRISTOL CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Out of interest, who would you give it to?

Our defence and keeper - conceded a goal
    Our midfield - honours even
    Our forward players - our finishing wasn't good enough

Their defence - They limited us to mostly half chances but we had 3 or 4 of those
    Their midfield - honours even
    Their forwards - apart from scoring once (all you need), what else did they do?

It's either one of their defenders of their keeper. Sky went for one of their defenders but I think we had too much space from corners in first half for them to be happy whereas their keeper won't be shown any negative footage when they review the game.
    I thought Curtis Nelson played well and Pack and Ralls had the edge on their midfield. For them, I thought Nakhichevan Wells looked a clever player, as did Paterson (both of whom got taken off) and I thought both Bristol full backs did well. It's tough to go for one player, but I'll go for Ralls.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v BRISTOL CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I thought Curtis Nelson played well and Pack and Ralls had the edge on their midfield. For them, I thought Nakhichevan Wells looked a clever player, as did Paterson (both of whom got taken off) and I thought both Bristol full backs did well. It's tough to go for one player, but I'll go for Ralls.
    I wouldn't have Nelson but Pack and Ralls did well. Cheers for coming back to answer.

I’m surprised how negative people are being. Other than a goal in the first few minutes we were decent, just it didn’t click in the final third for us tonight.

I think anyone wanting Harris out is being a bit rash. Give him until Christmas, changing the manager again will just mean starting over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I’m surprised how negative people are being. Other than a goal in the first few minutes we were decent, just it didn’t click in the final third for us tonight.

I think anyone wanting Harris out is being a bit rash. Give him until Christmas, changing the manager again will just mean starting over again.

Ok, I’ll give him a chance as long as he doesn’t play ONO again

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Ok, I’ll give him a chance as long as he doesn’t play ONO again
    Ono was unbelievably weak. Shoved off ball so easily. Had been looking decent in earlier games.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Ono was unbelievably weak. Shoved off ball so easily. Had been looking decent in earlier games.
    He did well the other night but he needs to learn that this is the championship he is playing in.
    Completely different set of rules to the people he has been used to training with.