+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bagan signs until 2023

Bagan signs until 2023

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...diff-city-deal

Good news, a young player who actually wants to sign and looks like he has a future

Re: Bagan signs until 2023

Excellent.

great, hopefully we aren't waiting for another injury crisis for him to get more game time

Good news and you'd like to think this will have an effect on other young players at the club who probably feel like they're banging their heads against a brick wall at Cardiff.

One less player we have to sign in the summer too, as both Bennett and Cunningham are OOC.

If Bennett will agree to a year extension then that could be one position sorted at least.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Good news and you'd like to think this will have an effect on other young players at the club who probably feel like they're banging their heads against a brick wall at Cardiff.
    Did Spence leave at the wrong time?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Did Spence leave at the wrong time?
    From his perspective - probably not.

He's playing at higher level, with better players.
    He did 90 minutes for their under 23s side the other day alongside Christian Benteke

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...diff-city-deal

Good news, a young player who actually wants to sign and looks like he has a future
    Excellent news.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    From his perspective - probably not.

He's playing at higher level, with better players.
    He did 90 minutes for their under 23s side the other day alongside Christian Benteke
    I have to think that playing for Cardiff in the Championship is more desirable than playing for Palace under 23's.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I have to think that playing for Cardiff in the Championship is more desirable than playing for Palace under 23's.
    Do you think he'd have actually got any game time?
    Bagn only got his chance because there was literally nobody else who could play there for those 2 games.

Do you think he'd have actually got any game time?
    Bagn only got his chance because there was literally nobody else who could play there for those 2 games.
    Bagan was always going to get a chance though. Harris has spoken highly of him and has given him cup games.

Bagan was always going to get a chance though. Harris has spoken highly of him and has given him cup games.
    I'm not sure, we've had plenty of players who have been spoken about in glowing terms in preseason and they get given one league cup tie and then that's it.
    If Bennett, Cunningham and Osei-Tutu hadn't all been injured at the same time I honestly don't think we'd have seen him. A bench outing perhaps.

It isn't surprising as the manager is always under pressure to deliver results in the short term, not the long term.

I'm not sure, we've had plenty of players who have been spoken about in glowing terms in preseason and they get given one league cup tie and then that's it.
    If Bennett, Cunningham and Osei-Tutu hadn't all been injured at the same time I honestly don't think we'd have seen him. A bench outing perhaps.

It isn't surprising as the manager is always under pressure to deliver results in the short term, not the long term.
    Cunningham and/or Bennett won't be here next season, Bagan is being groomed for the backup role next season.

Like to see this lad progress lets hope we stick with him and dont loan him out , probably need a bit of upper body building .

Cunningham and/or Bennett won't be here next season, Bagan is being groomed for the backup role next season.
    yes that would make sense.
    we don't always do things that make sense though

yes that would make sense.
    we don't always do things that make sense though
    Well, this is true

Don't we have anyone who could do a similar same job, but on the right?

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Don't we have anyone who could do a similar same job, but on the right?
    Not a Bagan, no. We've brought Camron McWilliams in from Northampton as a right back and the promising Taylor Jones played there earlier in the season too but I wouldn't expect either of them to be pushing for the first team any time soon. It looks like we're bringing Oliver Denham through as a centre-half and Dan Martin is another left back so there doesn't seem to be an obvious option at that level for now.

Great news but knowing the other two are out of contract we have to give him games at his age.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Not a Bagan, no. We've brought Camron McWilliams in from Northampton as a right back and the promising Taylor Jones played there earlier in the season too but I wouldn't expect either of them to be pushing for the first team any time soon. It looks like we're bringing Oliver Denham through as a centre-half and Dan Martin is another left back so there doesn't seem to be an obvious option at that level for now.
    bamba is out of contract in the summer and flint could well be off too so we'll need a centre half, if not two.

well also need a couple of right backs and a couple of wingers

bamba is out of contract in the summer and flint could well be off too so we'll need a centre half, if not two.

well also need a couple of right backs and a couple of wingers
    I think JOT could stay. He's not going to play for Arsenal.

I think JOT could stay. He's not going to play for Arsenal.
    he has a contract with them until 2023, and if he does well this season then I guess they'll be looking for some money for him.
    maybe 3million +?

could happen, but we have quite a few other positions that need signings in the summer so it'll depend on how far our money can stretch. we won't have parachute payments then either so it'll be tricky.

Can we play him instead of Bennett? Joe was woefully at fault for Bristol's goal, and can always be relied upon to mess up at least twice in a game.