+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hey Donald Trump

Re: Hey Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    That is really odd
    How long would it have taken to make a new one?

Another loony Republican Trump supporter on Sky. Lawyer completely ripped apart.

Must be a Sky thing. Bit of light entertainment bring on a Trump nutter at 4.30.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Another loony Republican Trump supporter on Sky. Lawyer completely ripped apart.

Must be a Sky thing. Bit of light entertainment bring on a Trump nutter at 4.30.
    It's almost like the Murdochs know how quickly to jettison political losers

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    The fascination with Donald trump from the left baffles me
    The fact that "the left" has been fixated with stooping a complete amoral moron who held the most powerful job on the planet "baffles" you? Seriously? I mean, seriously? C'mon man.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    How long would it have taken to make a new one?
    It makes you wonder if those bunch of pratts can do anything right. Their incompetence scares me.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Yes he's polarizing but its not his own supporters that are making comedy skits, dolls, blow up balloons and masks about him. It hardens his supporters views further and probably helps to swing over marginal votes. They've had 4 years of being told you was wrong to vote for Trump and people wonder why he's had another good campaign.

I wouldn't vote for him at all but both sides are as bad as each other, and only have themselves to blame.
    I'm guessing you don't live in the US and only have a passing knowledge of people, events, culture and politics. Both sides are definitively not "as bad as each other". That is utter bullshit. If you don't have sufficient knowledge and experience about issues please just read and watch. Trump, himself, tried your line when describing rightwing agitators and peaceful BLM protestors in the South. They weren't "as bad as each other". The whites nationalists killed a woman and attempted to foment unrest. The BLM marchers carried placards and demanded justice. How are they equivalent? You're spouting bollocks and its dangerous bollocks too.

I live in the US. I have Democrats and Republicans right next door. They aren't "as bad as each other". Two tiny illustrations. The Dems in my neighbourhood have been afraid to put up election signs while the Reps have run riot with them. In Maricopa the cops have had to throw an armed cordon around election workers at the count because approx. 100 QAnon/Trumpers turned up in full battle armour with assault rifles. At the same time in Philly the Dems had a spontaneous street party - no guns, no implied threat, just a public outpouring of joy.

The Dems want to mend the country, Trump wants it to remain fractured because he has an 'us' and 'them' narrative that appeals to base instincts.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    I'm guessing you don't live in the US and only have a passing knowledge of people, events, culture and politics. Both sides are definitively not "as bad as each other". That is utter bullshit. If you don't have sufficient knowledge and experience about issues please just read and watch. Trump, himself, tried your line when describing rightwing agitators and peaceful BLM protestors in the South. They weren't "as bad as each other". The whites nationalists killed a woman and attempted to foment unrest. The BLM marchers carried placards and demanded justice. How are they equivalent? You're spouting bollocks and its dangerous bollocks too.

I live in the US. I have Democrats and Republicans right next door. They aren't "as bad as each other". Two tiny illustrations. The Dems in my neighbourhood have been afraid to put up election signs while the Reps have run riot with them. In Maricopa the cops have had to throw an armed cordon around election workers at the count because approx. 100 QAnon/Trumpers turned up in full battle armour with assault rifles. At the same time in Philly the Dems had a spontaneous street party - no guns, no implied threat, just a public outpouring of joy.

The Dems want to mend the country, Trump wants it to remain fractured because he has an 'us' and 'them' narrative that appeals to base instincts.
    Good man

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    America has elected a black president
    EXACTLY

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Trump offered something different from the cookie cutter politician, he babbles like the guy in the pub, has no filter and has personality in abundance.

He funded the military well and was good for the economy until covid came and broke that apart, without the pandemic he is easily still president.

People wanted change and they certainly got that. I don't think it's too unbelievable to see him getting 70+ mil votes. The country is deeply divided, was long before trump and will be long after him.

His opposition in the media and general public, who similarly with the brexit debate resort to insults and in his case actually never accept him as president merely fuels his supporters.

It's fascinating TV to watch
    That is such an inappropriate summary it is difficult to know where to start.

Trump does not have personality. He's a loud mouth with no brains.

He has not been good for the economy. Generally governments do very little in terms of affecting an economy. He inherited a boom and stoked it up with the largest fiscal deficits in history. And btw the rich have benefited not the little people he supposedly stands up for. Utter idiocy.

The country was not deeply divided before Trump. People spoke to each other regardless of their politics and got along. Now neighbours don't speak and minorities are increasingly marginalized by Trumpers. Trump gave space for bigotry to explode and the closet bigots came out. Trust me, it's worse now that before Trump.

You have a completely different take on Trump and Brexit to me. The right offered lies and platitudes in the UK and the US and the opposition to Trump/Brexit has largely composed of careful analysis and incontrovertible facts. Brexit/Trump played to simple incorrect tropes and let loose the apocalypse of the rule of the moronic.

It's not fun to live. Enjoy the TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    How on earth did 70m people vote for Trump and his team.? They are complete loonies. Everyday they wheel out some supporter to make a complete idiot of themselves.
    Because it's their vote and can use it as they like. Even though you can't accept that.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    A think a lot of people who follow him were people who were working jobs that aren't really there these days or weren't as well paid. People who come from 99.9% small towns. So when you have one party talking about equality and other issues like that is comes across as middle class people talking about things which don't really exist to them. Trump comes along insulting career politicians and promising a return of these jobs etc. and it's music to the average middle america voter's ears.

I can understand how people vote for him, I just wish everyone could see how dangerous and disingenuous he actually is.
    And they don't see the irony in the fact that they probably pay more in taxes every year than the self-acclaimed successful businessman who they think represents their interests.