+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hey Donald Trump

Re: Hey Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Frankie Boyle is excellent these days. and yes I thought those were funny.
    His show on BBC2 is very good. His monologue about dogging was one of the funniest things I've ever heard, even he couldn't stop himself from laughing.

when the status quo has shafted you repeatedly for years then it isn't surprising that people will want to try something different. even if it turns out to be snake oil.
    Those that voted Conservative and brexit will soon see their future

Biden will be talking to Germany and France when he would have been talking to Britain , Germany and France in the past

Too late for them to cry over spilt milk now

Hopefully a new centre liberalist movement will evolve out of all this crap and we can get back in Europe and develop decent social policy because those left behind are going to need it more than ever now

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Those are meant to be funny???

Don't get me wrong, Political leaders are there to be shot at and there is nothing wrong with good jokes about them. I agree that Boris does make himself a target at times ( well quite a lot actually)

But I feel that comedians like Frankie Boyle think of the most outrageous things they can and believe that because they are saying it, it is automatically funny.

Sometimes it really isn't.
    It was extremely funny ......and accurate

What comparing the Prime Minister to a Nazi War Criminal?

Oh how hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    What comparing the Prime Minister to a Nazi War Criminal?

Oh how hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    It was extremely funny ......and accurate
    I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I gave some moments ago

?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I agree with you, exactly like Brexit. How working class people were so thick as to vote for both baffles me.
    Yes they shouldn't have the vote should they!!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    From what I can gather, people who know more American politics than me will tell you that, to a degree, the Democratic Party brought the last four years on themselves and so, to an extent, you're right. Complacency by the progressive, liberal side (which qualifies as the left in America) in the 90s and 00s created the situation which led to Trump - I can remember the Tea Party being ridiculed when it first emerged, but so much of what they were for formed the basis of what the Republican Party is today.
    However, Trump is a one off, if someone like Mike Pence had been President for the last four years, I'd say he'd probably have been starting his second term now, but thankfully, enough people realised that Trump transcended left and right barriers and was both dangerous and not up to the job. Even in defeat, he's proving his unfitness for the Presidency by acting like the sort of despot you may see in a South American country who refuses to accept defeat and holes themselves up in a bunker claiming the vote was rigged- Trump demeaned America and now he's demeaning democracy.

I can't disagree with that.

What makes it worse is that some highly experienced politicians like Ted Cruz Mike Huckabee Newt Gingrich and Lindsey Graham are backing him up when they really should know better.

As George W said there is nothing wrong with demanding recounts and making legal challenges ( I would add the word sensible before legal there!) but he made it quite plain that he thought that they wouldn't find anything substantial "Its (the elections) integrity will be upheld and its outcome is clear" he said

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    His show on BBC2 is very good. His monologue about dogging was one of the funniest things I've ever heard, even he couldn't stop himself from laughing.
    I am not saying that Boyle can't be funny at times.

I just don't find everything he says amusing

Like most of those you quoted earlier,

Though Malevolent Baked Alaska was quite amusing on second thoughts.

How on earth did 70m people vote for Trump and his team.? They are complete loonies. Everyday they wheel out some supporter to make a complete idiot of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    How on earth did 70m people vote for Trump and his team.? They are complete loonies. Everyday they wheel out some supporter to make a complete idiot of themselves.
    They are so Anti Government to the point of Paranoia. It's literally at the level where some of these nutters believe that if given the chance, the state would turf them out of their houses, line them up and shoot them in the street, they're not putting it on either, they really believe that it could happen. It's a worrying situation when people like this would rather poor kids get ill and die, rather than allowing a real form of state controlled health provision. It's all about the constitution....fear, not freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    They are so Anti Government to the point of Paranoia. It's literally at the level where some of these nutters believe that if given the chance, the state would turf them out of their houses, line them up and shoot them in the street, they're not putting it on either, they really believe that it could happen. It's a worrying situation when people like this would rather poor kids get ill and die, rather than allowing a real form of state controlled health provision. It's all about the constitution....fear, not freedom.
    its like a kalifat for them

Trump offered something different from the cookie cutter politician, he babbles like the guy in the pub, has no filter and has personality in abundance.

He funded the military well and was good for the economy until covid came and broke that apart, without the pandemic he is easily still president.

People wanted change and they certainly got that. I don't think it's too unbelievable to see him getting 70+ mil votes. The country is deeply divided, was long before trump and will be long after him.

His opposition in the media and general public, who similarly with the brexit debate resort to insults and in his case actually never accept him as president merely fuels his supporters.

It's fascinating TV to watch

Maybe the ignorant found someone they could identify with.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Trump offered something different from the cookie cutter politician, he babbles like the guy in the pub, has no filter and has personality in abundance.

He funded the military well and was good for the economy until covid came and broke that apart, without the pandemic he is easily still president.

People wanted change and they certainly got that. I don't think it's too unbelievable to see him getting 70+ mil votes. The country is deeply divided, was long before trump and will be long after him.

His opposition in the media and general public, who similarly with the brexit debate resort to insults and in his case actually never accept him as president merely fuels his supporters.

It's fascinating TV to watch
    The thing is he wasn't actually good for the economy. He was good for the stock market by pumping a bubble full or loans etc.

The problem was his actual base wouldn't see that they'd see a line going up on a chart which has zero real affect on them and say wow look how good the economy is!

Yeah if anything Boyle as improved with age, he's moved away from being just shocking and comes across as quite an intelligent and funny guy.

I think the problem with that list Eric wrote is on it's own as a written list it isn't funny but well delivered it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Maybe the ignorant found someone they could identify with.
    A think a lot of people who follow him were people who were working jobs that aren't really there these days or weren't as well paid. People who come from 99.9% small towns. So when you have one party talking about equality and other issues like that is comes across as middle class people talking about things which don't really exist to them. Trump comes along insulting career politicians and promising a return of these jobs etc. and it's music to the average middle america voter's ears.

I can understand how people vote for him, I just wish everyone could see how dangerous and disingenuous he actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Yeah if anything Boyle as improved with age, he's moved away from being just shocking and comes across as quite an intelligent and funny guy.

I think the problem with that list Eric wrote is on it's own as a written list it isn't funny but well delivered it would be.
    Boyle was good when he first came onto the scene, but then I think he tried to do too much too quickly and the quality dropped - to the point where the criticism that he isn't funny just says the most offensive thing he can think of was becoming more valid.
    Seems much more measured with his output these days and I definitely agree that he's improved with age.

Boyle was good when he first came onto the scene, but then I think he tried to do too much too quickly and the quality dropped - to the point where the criticism that he isn't funny just says the most offensive thing he can think of was becoming more valid.
    Seems much more measured with his output these days and I definitely agree that he's improved with age.
    Yeah completely agree. I saw him trial his new stand up at the start of the year and even though it wasn't 100% finished it was one of the best I'd seen. Would recomend him to anyone.

Unless you really love the tories and can't take a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    A think a lot of people who follow him were people who were working jobs that aren't really there these days or weren't as well paid. People who come from 99.9% small towns. So when you have one party talking about equality and other issues like that is comes across as middle class people talking about things which don't really exist to them. Trump comes along insulting career politicians and promising a return of these jobs etc. and it's music to the average middle america voter's ears.

I can understand how people vote for him, I just wish everyone could see how dangerous and disingenuous he actually is.
    This quote from Bob Woodward summed it up well:

“In 2016 Trump came along and smashed up the old order in a very definitive way,” he said. “If you want to know what’s happened in 2020, Biden represented the old order. The Democratic party has got to figure out how they change themselves.”

If Trump had hammered home the 47 years in politics line then he was on to a winner, but for some reason they went with the stupid Hunter Biden's laptop story. From over here, it is clear what Trump's threat to USA's future is, but for people between the coasts, they are sick of being overlooked. Trump saw that in 2016 and played on it, and that was more difficult to do as incumbent but it would have been a strong strategy.

I think the Democrats do have a problem in 2024. I think Kamala Harris looks smart and strong, but being a) female and b) not white will be a major problem to lots of the country. She is pretty much guaranteed to be the Democrat candidate so they are going to need to plan.

For all that we talk about racism on the rise in the UK, we know that being a woman isn't a barrier to being PM and I think a non-white person could easily be elected here. But in the US? Not so sure.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    This quote from Bob Woodward summed it up well:

“In 2016 Trump came along and smashed up the old order in a very definitive way,” he said. “If you want to know what’s happened in 2020, Biden represented the old order. The Democratic party has got to figure out how they change themselves.”

If Trump had hammered home the 47 years in politics line then he was on to a winner, but for some reason they went with the stupid Hunter Biden's laptop story. From over here, it is clear what Trump's threat to USA's future is, but for people between the coasts, they are sick of being overlooked. Trump saw that in 2016 and played on it, and that was more difficult to do as incumbent but it would have been a strong strategy.

I think the Democrats do have a problem in 2024. I think Kamala Harris looks smart and strong, but being a) female and b) not white will be a major problem to lots of the country. She is pretty much guaranteed to be the Democrat candidate so they are going to need to plan.

For all that we talk about racism on the rise in the UK, we know that being a woman isn't a barrier to being PM and I think a non-white person could easily be elected here. But in the US? Not so sure.
    America has elected a black president

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    America has elected a black president
    Yeah I really meant to say non-white woman in the last bit.

They did elect Obama but then there was a backlash that I'd hope wouldn't happen in the UK with birtherism etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    That is really odd