+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harris out?

Harris out?

Decent performance tonite but the fact is we lost and we are in the bottom half of the table.
    With the players at our disposal we should be doing a lot better. I know we say it every year but there is nothing in the Championship that we need to fear.
    I have a feeling Messrs Dalman and Tan may not be in a good mood tonight.

Re: Harris out?

No. Harris in.

It's definitely time for Harris to go, but not simply on the basis of tonight's game. It's a judgment on the 11 league performances this season. We're almost at the quarter-stage mark, and the results and performances are simply not good enough. My only worry is the next clown Dalman will select. The club failed to carry out a proper search when Warnock resigned; and I have little faith in Dalman finding someone of value when Harris ultimately goes.

Do we have that great a team though? Individually on paper I mean. I think most of our success under the Neil's has come down to the team as a unit rather than a particularly excellent selection of players.

It's frustrating as the league looks fairly below par, think eventually Bournemouth and Watford will get going but the rest are a bit meh. Unfortunately Swansea well placed.

The problem i have with Harris is his insistence to play the log ball, particularly if the first phase of play doesn't bring anything, and crosses. I don't mind playing that way from time to time, but we have to be able to change, we have to be able to work opportunities, turn defenders, make it uncomfortable for them. Most of our attacking play is done in front of the opposition back line, usually thirty yards in front of them. It's much easier for a defender to react when it's easy to see what's coming. How about stretching defenders, forcing them out a bit. It aint going to happen. I'm now finding the football predictable and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Decent performance tonite but the fact is we lost and we are in the bottom half of the table.
    With the players at our disposal we should be doing a lot better. I know we say it every year but there is nothing in the Championship that we need to fear.
    Have you any faith in the board and their ability to appoint another manager? May as well stick with Harris, played really well tonight, unlucky not to win

Do we have a replacement lined up? We've got 9 games in 4 weeks after the international break. Do we want Sol Bamba or Steve Morison as caretaker manger during that period?

We don't have any more parachute payments forthcoming, so there will have to be significant cost cutting next summer if we don't get promoted this season. Is a better manager than Harris going to join us with that on the cards?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    We don't have any more parachute payments forthcoming, so there will have to be significant cost cutting next summer if we don't get promoted this season. Is a better manager than Harris going to join us with that on the cards?
    I think we could get a foreign manager or a lower league manager that's up and coming. Who that is, is another question but yes, we're one of the top clubs in the Championship.

Don't think a team should want to change managers with so much to play for unless things are going really badly, and, apart from the QPR and Sheffield Wednesday games, there has been enough to say things aren't going really badly. However, I would expect the board to be paying closer attention to what is going on and booking a meeting room to sound out replacements if next 5 games don't pick up a lot more points.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I think we could get a foreign manager or a lower league manager that's up and coming. Who that is, is another question but yes, we're one of the top clubs in the Championship.
    I hope Harris can turn things around, he may well do given the chance. My biggest concern is that he can't change the style that we're seeing at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Have we had parachute payments? What did we do with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I hope Harris can turn things around, he may well do given the chance. My biggest concern is that he can't change the style that we're seeing at the moment.
    I put on another thread, I think we're a victim of getting into the playoffs, he had a 3 week preseason to change things and I think the NML situation really knocked the stuffing out of the squad, as well as a playoff hangover. He's bought well I think but has he addressed enough issues? Probably not. Do we know our best team? Does he? I think he's inheriting a team at the end of their cycle and its quite a big rebuilding job. I don't think any of our wingers are the answer any more and Moore needs bodies around him, which we don't have. We're painfully slow and we've got 0 imagination in the middle.

I'd say that we have 4 undroppable players: Smithies, Morrison, Ralls and Wilson. The rest are OK but will they be here next year? Would you build a side around any of them? Perhaps being a tad harsh on Bennett and Nelson...

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Have we had parachute payments? What did we do with them?
    Wage bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    We've just played 7 games in 20 days. I doubt that the squad had much time on the training pitch in that period. There are two weeks off for the international window, but after that we play 9 games in 28 days, so Harris (or a new manager) will have the same issue until Christmas.

I put on another thread, I think we're a victim of getting into the playoffs, he had a 3 week preseason to change things and I think the NML situation really knocked the stuffing out of the squad, as well as a playoff hangover. He's bought well I think but has he addressed enough issues? Probably not. Do we know our best team? Does he? I think he's inheriting a team at the end of their cycle and its quite a big rebuilding job. I don't think any of our wingers are the answer any more and Moore needs bodies around him, which we don't have. We're painfully slow and we've got 0 imagination in the middle.

I'd say that we have 4 undroppable players: Smithies, Morrison, Ralls and Wilson. The rest are OK but will they be here next year? Would you build a side around any of them? Perhaps being a tad harsh on Bennett and Nelson...
    You can add that our best player last year (Tomlin) got injured and hasn't featured this year which wouldn't have happened if we weren't in play-offs last year.

I agree with most of your post especially bit in bold.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    You can add that our best player last year (Tomlin) got injured and hasn't featured this year which wouldn't have happened if we weren't in play-offs last year.

I agree with most of your post especially bit in bold.
    Forgot about Tomlin, who could potentially fall into the bold category. We won't be giving him another contract, even if I think he'll be very useful for the 2 seasons we have left of him.

It all goes back to Warnock spunking big money on some incredibly bang average players last season. Pretty much every player that Harris brought in has improved the squad, although we haven't seen Benković, but we still have fundamental weaknesses.

Of course, awful manager.
    A good win against a poor Barnsley but as soon as we went defensive once again it was obvious we were looking to be on the back foot straight away, early goal shocked no one and with Harris struggles to break down teams.
    Let's be honest most knew from the line up what was going to happen.

Harris out! Pearson in!

“He’s had a transfer window”

Yes with players he couldn’t get rid of too.

They hired a manager who achieves about the level we are at now so what do they expect? Buy cheap, buy twice.....do we ever hire a decent manager?

I don’t think you can start building a team around any loan player. Wilson will be leaving at the end of the season I am sure