+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kieffer Moore

Kieffer Moore

What does he add to our team?
    Gets beaten in the air quite a lot for a big lad, especially tonight against a player five inches shorter than him.
    Gives free kicks away for fun. Misses easy chances.

Am I missing something about Moore?

Re: Kieffer Moore

He's Welsh. Think otherwise and with a crowd in there would be a few more grumbles.

Frustrating at times, has ability, but seems to give the ball away a lot also.

Has at least scored a few though, 3 at this stage for us is quite something.

I haven't seen much to get me enthused. I thought that he'd be the man to pin a defender and bring others into play. It's not happening yet.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Gets beaten in the air quite a lot for a big lad, especially tonight against a player five inches shorter than him.

Below Glatzel in the pecking order for me

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post

I think he gets on the wrong side of the ref most of the time.

I reckon he was knackered tonight. He's played 90 minutes 5 times in 13 days.

He should have scored with that header in the first half though.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Below Glatzel in the pecking order for me
    🤣🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Glatzel a much more well rounded player. One season in the English league and people write him off. Ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I reckon he was knackered tonight. He's played 90 minutes 5 times in 13 days.

He should have scored with that header in the first half though.
    Fair Point.

Glatzel a much more well rounded player. One season in the English league and people write him off. Ridiculous
    Seriously?? In what way more well rounded?

Seriously?? In what way more well rounded?
    I think he's a better player, more skilful, better footballing brain. Moore would never have been on our radar had he not played for Wales, he's getting an easy ride because of that.

I think he's a better player, more skilful, better footballing brain. Moore would never have been on our radar had he not played for Wales, he's getting an easy ride because of that.
    Thats ok. Thats your opinion. I disagree with all of it though.👍

Thats ok. Thats your opinion. I disagree with all of it though.👍
    Fair enough mate ✌️ I've quite liked them both playing together to be fair so hope Harris gives that a go more often. Why he changed after the Barnsley game I've no idea

If his finishing was 5% better he would be playing for top-half premier league club and probably one playing in Europe. Still, he does enough well that he's our best striker since Jay Bothroyd.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    If his finishing was 5% better he would be playing for top-half premier league club and probably one playing in Europe. Still, he does enough well that he's our best striker since Jay Bothroyd.
    Really? Wow, you must be seeing something I'm not.

I don't think Glatzel can play on his own over here. At least not for us, he can't hold the ball up. Moore is absolutely spent, he's played 14/15 games in 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I don't think Glatzel can play on his own over here. At least not for us, he can't hold the ball up. Moore is absolutely spent, he's played 14/15 games in 2 months.
    I'd have to agree, we don't play to our strikers strengths, whoever is up there.

Really? Wow, you must be seeing something I'm not.
    Think you have probably seen the premier league table more recently than me Newcastle are 11th, Leeds 12th, Palace 13th, Man United 15th and Brighton 16th. He misses far too many chances but if that could improve that then he'd get get game time for any of those sides.

I wouldn't say the same for any of our strikers since Bothroyd.

Glatzel’s problem is he is a £6mio striker who doesn’t score - no goals in something like 14 or 15 games now. Even though he played well enough against Barnsley I still don’t remember him having a chance to score. At least Moore still looks like he’s capable of scoring a goal

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Glatzel’s problem is he is a £6mio striker who doesn’t score - no goals in something like 14 or 15 games now. Even though he played well enough against Barnsley I still don’t remember him having a chance to score. At least Moore still looks like he’s capable of scoring a goal
    Glatzel is a tall number 10 that cost far too much money. He had two really good chances, self-made, against The Tykes.

Good player with a footballing brain and no mean amount of skill.
    He was a bit off today but let's be honest, what should we expect from such poor service?

The more we play this badly the worse it will get for Keiffer.
    We have simply got to do more than hope he's going to get his head on the end of a set piece.

Also, I said earlier about feeling a bit sorry for Bacuna as he is being asked to do a dirty job but he I'm afraid is a weak link in our defence which, as a unit, is now causing us as many problems as the poor service offensively.
    If we aren't watertight at the back, we aren't going to win games.

Strikers have never been our problem, how we set up is.

Moore takes too few of his scoring opportunities for me.

Some stats about Kieffer Moore according to whoscored.com.

This season he's managing an average of 3 attempts per 90 minutes, compared with 2.6 last season. This season, 1.6 attempts per 90 mins are off target, compared with only 1 last season.

Last season he scored a goal every 280 minutes. This season that has risen to 303 minutes. Last season he managed an attempt at goal every 34 minutes. This season that has been every 29 minutes, but because his attempts have been less accurate, he's taking 10 attempts per goal, compared with 8 attempts per goal last season.

Is there a reason for this? Last season he had double the number of attempts at goal with his feet than with his head. This season, he's had less attempts with his feet than with his head. 2 of Moore's 3 goals this season have come from set pieces (with his noggin), yet Moore didn't score from a single set piece last season. All of his goals came from open play and penalties.

He competes in 3 more aerial duels per 90 minutes than he did for Wigan last season. He's successful in winning headers around 60% of the time, though his success rate is fractionally down on last season.

This season he's made more inaccurate short passes than he did last season. He's contributed 1 assist - last season he managed 4 all season so I doubt he'll be any Peter Thorne. It's also noticeable that, whatever whoscored define as key passes, he's managed fewer on average this season than he did for Wigan.

In a nutshell, it would appear that Wigan were a better footballing side than we are this season. That played to Moore's strengths more than a longer ball game. The stats suggest that, despite his height, he's not the best in the air. That means we need to continue our footballing evolution to a better passing game in order to get more out of, er, Moore. I also think that any thoughts of us having a 20 goal a season striker in Moore should be rethought. At the moment we'll be lucky to get double figures out of him.

Bloke's obviously knackered, played 11 times for us (the full 90 10 times) and 4 times for Wales this season already.