Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
I stayed up to watch the Biden/Harris thing last night. Quite impressed by the tone and delivery. Biden made one small slip but managed to rescue himself. Harris was word and pitch perfect. No mention of Trump direct - but the comparison was there in every word.

The agenda they laid out showed that grown up politics and norms of behaviour will return to the USA - with climate change and tackling structural racism coming in close behind Covid and the economy.

Grown up but Biden is a centrist, a globalist, someone who was associated with some of the worst acts of Clinton and Obama when it came to wars and injustice - and a natural compromiser with the Republicans (which may be inevitable if they hold the Senate).

He is not Trump - that is his USP. But I can see him and Harris quickly turning on their more radical and diverse base and drawing all the wrong conclusions about why the blue wave never happened. He will frustrate and disappoint - but he is not Trump!
I didn't realise until yesterday that Biden had worked around a stutter all his life.